car modding issue

Posted by huskyman49 
car modding issue
Date: April 05, 2017 11:39AM
Posted by: huskyman49
hi to all car modders/converters

tell you, what I did : imported an existing "car_name_car1_lod_0"-file into Zmodeler, modified the shape (cost me endless hours...:) and the affection of my husband :(), put the *.gp4-file into the mod and off I went - but: the new car has no textures and consequently appeared in different shades of grey, haha...
So my question is: How and with which tool can I put the *.tex files onto the car and into the mod? Any advice is welcome!

best regards
Re: car modding issue
Date: April 05, 2017 02:01PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Go to Material editor. Put tex in each material

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: April 05, 2017 02:22PM
aha, I'm gonna try! muchas gracias anyway :-)
Date: April 05, 2017 02:41PM
Posted by: Foreverk
DonĀ“t forget to convert the .tex files to .tga (with Slimtex or similar tool)
Date: April 05, 2017 07:31PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Yeah make sure that when your car is ready to be exported as a .gp4 file, you have all the car textures showing on the car model and they are the same names to what your .tex files will be.

Date: April 07, 2017 09:13AM
Am I getting too old or is it, like my grandmother always said, "born stupid and nothing learned remains stupid..."? ;): My modified car remains shining white...
I suppose I didn't manage the texture issue correctly: I converted all textures of the car- and shared-folder to *.tga (via Tex Resizer). Then I loaded the *.gp4-file to zmodeler and modified the shape. Next I loaded all *.tga-files to zmodeler. Then I got confused with the right handling of the material editor... I think I need a step by step introduction... many thanks in advance!
Date: April 07, 2017 02:27PM
Posted by: Lacrowe

My father always told me: "you are a girl, and sports for males is not your world"
agree I replied, but if my desire is to realize my dreams, then even a girl can learn something that does not belong in nature.
So no one is born as stupid and no one is born a genius but we can all learn from those who tend a hand
Date: April 08, 2017 12:28AM
Posted by: soulbringer
Shining white car? Could it be...
In ZModeler and in 3d window upper left corner next to where it says 3D there is tiny box, press it then go into settings then Textures and finally Use Textures. That last one should be checked. If it's not you will not see textures on your car.
Date: April 08, 2017 01:03PM
thanks, soulbringer: I could not find the tiny box you mention - could you please make a screenshot of zm - I'm thinking in pictures (H)
Date: April 08, 2017 03:07PM
Posted by: rracunis
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks, soulbringer: I could not find the tiny box
> you mention - could you please make a screenshot
> of zm - I'm thinking in pictures (H)

Can you please send me all the files and images you have , I would like to have a look on it (Y)
Date: April 08, 2017 06:16PM
rracunis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> huskyman49 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > thanks, soulbringer: I could not find the tiny
> box
> > you mention - could you please make a
> screenshot
> > of zm - I'm thinking in pictures (H)
>
> Can you please send me all the files and images
> you have , I would like to have a look on it (Y)

You sent me a PM but the files didn't come for download
Date: April 08, 2017 11:17PM
Did you already get that or just white and grey surfaces ? Send me please all the car's files you have and not only the main texture (Y)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 11:40PM by rracunis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy