Track order affects IA performances&fuel consumption?

Posted by konradkid 
Hi! I'm a GP4 gamer :) I've got a big question
I changed tracks order, by putting for example German GP in 10th slot, using GPxPatch. To avoid flying cars, I moved in "/Circuits/Germany" directory 3 files: hockenheim.wad, S1ct12.dat, S1ct12.ini and I selected in GPxtrack label the correct path in 10th slot. Well, when I run the game the track is regularly loaded, but in game, at Ace level, IA max speed is around 305 km/h, while the mine is around 356 km/h!!! Then, I go 3 seconds faster than them!!!
The second problem is that the fuel consumption is at least 50% higher than the normal. In fact, for example, if I run a 20% race (9 laps in original Hockenheim track), I must refuelling at 6th lap; IA has the same problem and it must refuelling at 7th lap.

What can I do to solve this? Can you help me?
Thank you!!!
check the magic data of the track.
I think the data is stored for each track in the .exe file, unless the circuit has magic data! So what Ayman says is correct, you need to create or edit magic data for the circuits you are switching, then the exe will read in correct fuel consumption and wing settings etc for each track..

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
That probably answers a mystery I've had for years. How would you recommend adding or changing the magic data for a track?
Thanks to all for yours anwers!! (Y)
Then, I must to create magic data for each track, otherwise GP4 read magic data in GP4.exe file. How can I create this? By opening tracks with GP4builder?
I like cmagic4. It lets you extract magic data from the .exe and insert it into any .dat track file. It is pretty much self explanatory.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Thank you very much!! I'll try it!! :)
I used Cmagic4 and I almost solved: performances and fuel consumption are now ok, AI top speeds are over 325-327 km/h, but they have 5 gears only!! In the others tracks they still have 6 gears...

Thank you, anyway!! :)

EDIT:

I solved!!!!!!!!!!! I made a mistake, but now is all fixed!!!! 333 km/h top speed and all gears working fine! :D

A big thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 06:28PM by konradkid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy