Track Cameras (@Atticus & @Skaningen!)

Posted by TomMK 
Track Cameras (@Atticus & @Skaningen!)
Date: February 26, 2017 01:34AM
Posted by: TomMK
Hi all,

Trying my hand at track camera editing for a new project I'm working on for release alongside the next version of the GP4 Central 2016 Mod.

Can someone please help explain the values in "View Behind", View Ahead", and the Zoom ones too.

In particular, what are the min / max values for each?

Thanks!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Track Cameras (@Atticus & @Skaningen!)
Date: February 26, 2017 10:51AM
Posted by: Lo2k
All the data with (?) or more or less, well, unknown...
These ones have indeed (temporary) name, so I assume someone (me or Addie Walti most probably) made tests and guessed it could be linked to the camera clipping plane beyond which (of before which) no object, or simply no other cars are drawn.
Same for Zoom that could be linked to the way camera sometimes zoom onto focused car.
But how do they work, I don't know. Looking at the GP4Builder guide, I wrote these settings were used for GP3 but they have to be tested to be sure they work in GP4 too.

Date: February 28, 2017 01:11PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
from my experience to view ahead is that the higher the number, the more the camera will zoom out
if more cars are ahead of the car that's being followed. Same goes for view behind of course.

It's a way to see more cars that's closer to each other. If you put this value to 0, the camera will
not care about the other cars. What the biggest value is, I have no idea. The highest I've used
is 550 och 660 I think.

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: March 01, 2017 12:55AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
SkaaningeN
If you put this value to 0, the camera will not care about the other cars.

Interesting. So this would be a good value for cameras to use for 'Qualifying' camera sets, or if you just want to set something up for screenshots of individual cars?

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 01, 2017 11:12PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
AUS_Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > If you put this value to 0, the camera will not
> care about the other cars.
>
>
> Interesting. So this would be a good value for
> cameras to use for 'Qualifying' camera sets, or if
> you just want to set something up for screenshots
> of individual cars?

Yes, atleast that's from my experience :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy