GP4 Wont install!!! [Fixed]

Posted by MaxD 
GP4 Wont install!!! [Fixed]
Date: February 04, 2017 03:11PM
Posted by: MaxD
Folks please help!!!!
GP4 arrived this morning, I have followed the videos I have seen elsewhere about Disabling Secure Boot and have turned off DEP in my Windows 10 but I still get a message saying 'Error extracting support files: This process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

Thing is, it ain't!

I am right clicking and selecting 'Run as Administrator' so doing all I have been told but I must be going wrong somewhere!

Can anyone help????

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 08:04PM by mortal.
Re: GP4 Wont install!!!
Date: February 04, 2017 04:03PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Does it happen during CD installation or when double clicking the GP4 shortcut ?

Date: February 04, 2017 04:06PM
its cd installation. I have a external cd/dvd writer i trying to install from...
Date: February 04, 2017 07:17PM
Posted by: mortal
Burn the cd to an iso, then install a virtual cd drive, mount the cd iso to the virtual drive and install.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 05, 2017 11:12AM
I am totally crap at this kind of thing, any chance you can give me step by step guide??...
Date: February 05, 2017 06:29PM
how do i burn to an iso???
Date: February 05, 2017 09:16PM
ISO burners are free, so is virtual drive software. Look Here and also here.
I suggest you also take a look at the GP4FAQ, pinned topic this forum. There is a comprehensive guide on installing GP4, you need the v1.02 no-cd exe and the latest version of gpx_patch. If you wish to run a GP4 mod, you need to install CSM-Zaz Tools.
Additionally, a ready to play version of GP4, already burned to an iso file, can be found here GP4Central.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 06, 2017 03:34PM
ok, so, downloaded the GP4central iso file, mounted it to Virtual Clone Drive, go to install it and it comes up with...
'Set Up failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed'...

how do i get around this???
Date: February 06, 2017 08:22PM
Start | Run | Type services.msc and hit OK | Scroll down to "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)", right click and select "Properties" | Make sure the "Startup type" is set to "Automatic".

Start | Run | Type msconfig and hit OK) | "General" tab | Make sure "Normal Startup" is selected under "Startup Configuration".

Start>Command Prompt>Run as Admin> sfc /scannow

REBOOT and try again.

Date: February 07, 2017 03:30PM
Mortal! Thank you!
Seems to be working now!
Have installed no_cd version but question, do you know why the rear of the opposition cars are all white?... never seen this before in GP2 or GP3...
Date: February 07, 2017 08:03PM
The answer can be found in the FAQ. I will mark this thread as solved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy