GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Charrel schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So where does it leave us drivers? At what point
> are we invluenced by the team penalty?
>
> Must admit my motivation also isn't at a all time
> high seing the poor results lately, but also long
> term I never had a real shot at the title in 8
> seasons.. Maybe I am becoming the "Felipe Massa"
> of the GPGSL and it's time to go.

So far, it's still all the same. Only if Dan is excluded from the series for a third penalty, the team would go in your administrative hands for the rest of the season, before it's also excluded from the series.

Generally speaking, it's sad to see the series slowly falling apart. Or maybe it just has crossed its peak and we have to live with it. But in your special case, maybe a team change might bring back some motivation? It's often small details that decide over fun and no fun and maybe helping a new team reach its goals is an equally satisfying experience as going for the title. Of course we all want that title and I also never got it although I was close two times. But the title is not everything. I'm not saying this to get you over to MTP, I'm swimming in drivers, lol! And I'm neither saying this to get you away from MPR for a specific reason. Just giving ideas for everybody to consider in situations like yours.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> [...], I'm swimming in drivers, lol!

Anyone left you haven't signed yet? :D

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
A few, but I'm on it! (H)

Nah, seriously, with the exception of Vimal who isn't looking like he was coming back, I haven't signed more drivers than I could potentially give seats to. The big issue is that they all want race driver seats and of those I have only two! Don't be so demanding! ;)

Including Vimal and leaving yourself aside, I count 6 ;)

Some mods
Huh, maybe I should have signed for MTP and kept the black helmet, might have got some more points ;)

On a serious note, it was very strange to not see Dan and I triple checked everything (side blooper, I almost penalised Alessandro lol). AFAIK from his Twitter feed he's committed to his job right now, but he's been doing that for a while now, so I was sure he'd keep popping up. Maybe I underestimated that job.

I personally think this series is starting to suffer from something similar to what happens at WoW, where many people (including myself) played hardcore when they didn't have as much real life obligations as now, which is why WoW now caters more to casuals, because the fanbase no longer can raid all night long. In our case, we were always more or less the same group of guys but look how far we've come. I was at highschool when I joined, now I write this as I'm trying to figure the gas pressure on the upper side of a sealed chamber in which a piston is putting up pressure from the heat given to a gas in the chamber below. :-) This is one of the reasons why, although I didn't like it at first, I do think now that shortening the season was the right move. The thing is, there's not much we can do to "cater more to casuals" as WoW does.

I still have hope, nonetheless, and I will continue here because even though I'm having crap races on a car that's supposed to be top notch, I have lots of fun here.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox schrieb:
> Huh, maybe I should have signed for MTP and kept
> the black helmet, might have got some more points
> ;)

It's not like I didn't offer you a seat ;)

kedy89 schrieb:
> Including Vimal and leaving yourself aside, I
> count 6 ;)

Matteo (not re-signed for next season yet), Milos, Michael (not re-signed for next season yet), Marcus (only a pre-contract option for next season) and Alessandro (currently on loan to Alpha).

Vimal quit on purpose, so I only kept an option on him if he returned during S11 or 12, I don't see it that he still has a valid contract with MTP after leaving both Ed and me down. Plus, I only announced this option before Marcus became an option.

So, Vimal doesn't count, the others are 5 drivers for 4 seats where only one driver has a valid contract for next season and surprise, that's the driver who just caught an activity penalty. And Marcus' pre-contract explicitly includes a loan/transfer option to another team if I can't offer him a race seat at MTP.

Shame for Dan, I hope he comes back but yeah that's really disappointing...

Anyway, I can't wait to get driving around Monza, should be fun. ;)
Cant loose MPR, i have a personal "love" for them as it was the same name i used many many many moons ago for my own team in a different world as it fits my name ;)

Come on Dan let us know what happend! :)
All this talk of drivers wanting race seats, team owners with too many drivers contracted to them for too few seats....wow.
At Demon Racing, our contracts are pretty simple - you are in the seat as long as you want it (or until you get kicked out by GPGSL or team management). We are always on the lookout for disgruntled employees of other teams though, so.... get your driving resumes in the mail to us, as we have a empty filing cabinet of wannabee drivers, come the time we may ever need to bring a new driver along.
The future is bright for DMR, where else would you possibly want to be??!! LOL

And, FYI for our current drivers, no heat coming your way from DMR management to perform. Not yet, anyway.....;)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> kedy89 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Including Vimal and leaving yourself aside, I
> > count 6 ;)
>
>
> Matteo (not re-signed for next season yet), Milos,
> Michael (not re-signed for next season yet),
> Marcus (only a pre-contract option for next
> season) and Alessandro (currently on loan to
> Alpha).
>
> Vimal quit on purpose, so I only kept an option on
> him if he returned during S11 or 12, I don't see
> it that he still has a valid contract with MTP
> after leaving both Ed and me down. Plus, I only
> announced this option before Marcus became an
> option.
>
> So, Vimal doesn't count, the others are 5 drivers
> for 4 seats where only one driver has a valid
> contract for next season and surprise, that's the
> driver who just caught an activity penalty. And
> Marcus' pre-contract explicitly includes a
> loan/transfer option to another team if I can't
> offer him a race seat at MTP.

;)

Some mods
Hey, you have to make a name somehow! ;-)

LOL, that one made my day ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
JohnMaverick Schreef:
> Hey, you have to make a name somehow! ;-)

damn right John ;)

+1

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Hey everyone,

Apologies for being away for so long. My new job travelling with an F1 team, has underatandably been soaking up a lot of my time. And circumstances beyond that mean that I don't have much free time anymore.

I've been so busy that I've not been able to keep up with the GPGSL over the last few months. Just checked and I've picked up more penalties in the last month than I have over the last nine or so years! ;)

I'd also completely forgotten that a penalty for me would cost the team points as well. So, so sorry for that. Our season has been dreadful so far. But let's see what we can do over the next few races to go about fixing that!

No way is MPR going out with a penalty.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
GPGSL Wrote:
> Since Jean-Marc Cormier's dropout announcement
> happened before the perf file submission, he was
> replaced with MAC #2 race driver Chris Copeman in
> the performance file.

I say leave it...hell, I could be in the race twice and still not get a decent result.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Yay, MPR is here to stay!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Apologies for being away for so long. My new job
> travelling with an F1 team, has underatandably
> been soaking up a lot of my time. And
> circumstances beyond that mean that I don't have
> much free time anymore.
>
> I've been so busy that I've not been able to keep
> up with the GPGSL over the last few months. Just
> checked and I've picked up more penalties in the
> last month than I have over the last nine or so
> years! ;)
>
> I'd also completely forgotten that a penalty for
> me would cost the team points as well. So, so
> sorry for that. Our season has been dreadful so
> far. But let's see what we can do over the next
> few races to go about fixing that!
>
> No way is MPR going out with a penalty.

Great, Dan!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Home race is on the way, looking forward (and hoping in a good result)

My GPGSL Career
Damn, didn't think I'd burn up my inactivity token this early in the season

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy