GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Rod_vs Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, guys.
>
> Well, I saw all discussion about Season 12 and the
> risk of didn't have quorum to running. Real life
> demands our time...
>
> I don't know if it helps. But, first step, put a
> list of all members that wants to continue. Then,
> we ask for team managers. Depending on the
> progress, it's a good idea cancel testers
> championship. But, my opinion: team managers
> running, only in last case.
>
> Then, increase lenght of posting. For example
> (EXAMPLE), I can create race folders for each race
> and counting would be determined by "folder post"
> and "standings table". And the most important for
> us: didn't change car and helmets layouts for all
> season, it demands lot of time to update carset.
>
> It may sound ridiculous, but much of time I've
> gained with GPGSL-3 on the last few years has been
> simplifying rules and change carset only with
> necessary (frequently only changing champion car).
> That's why I said some time ago about fixed
> numbers with each driver (more time can be gained
> if each team has own numbers). Each team could
> send the cars with the numbers, cars with the
> number 1 and helmets without sponsorships, it
> helps a lot. "But about team order?" Official
> topic exists for this, to show on 1st page teams
> order. And GPxPatch helps this work!
>
> I prefer drivers with each number. Drivers didn't
> change so much here between seasons.
>
> Well, only some ideas to make all members didn't
> spend much time here and a way that we can
> continue with championship!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might be 1 of the solutions of many.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
It might sound harsh but as there are two teams that are being wound up at the end of the season would it not help the teams that are active, but have no drivers, for this to happen now. I know that Michael and me would be out of race seats but we could move over to the other teams that are in need of drivers and keep the active teams active. Like I say, it’s harsh, but it hardly seems fair on the active team bosses that we have to hunt around for drivers to fill their seats.

On the subject of season 12 , I see no reason why it can’t go ahead. Obviously I’m gutted that MAC won’t be part of it, especially as they were a team that started when Christal did but I also think change is good for the league as well. I’d be happy to bring Christal back as a team boss next year but I wouldn’t want to be a race driver as well. I say we knock the testers championship on the head (for now) let team bosses test their cars, or others (to keep up their perfs) and say as we are.

I’m also willing to make an investment to run races again. I have an old rig at my parents house that runs GP4 and now my work life is slightly different I would be in a positive position by the time season 12 starts.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Not sure what the best plan of action should be, but we do need to come up with something to help keep the series running.

I'm fairly sure I made my position abundantly clear earlier this season.

For me, the GPGSL heads need to recognise what is the GPGSL offering to the competitors now, not however many seasons ago. Rules need to be tailored around that instead.
Similar situations occurred in our RD championships, even though an off-season rule had been used for ~10 seasons and about 2-3 years of competition, this rule was scrapped as it didn't tailor to how the game evolved in that time. Maybe a bit off topic but nonetheless, all aspects of the GPGSL must be kept fresh.

Either way, I'm watching intently as to which way the rulings go.
Trying to get new blood into the series is the biggest issue, I've literally begged for new people to join both here and on the FB page with ZERO result. Even after explaining that all you have to do is make a post within an activity period.
I have to say that the penalties being dished out is actually forcing people out of seats and that's not a good idea if the series cannot attract new people in the first place. In effect, it's got to the stage that the series is running slowly, through no fault of its own. This fact can create a lack of interest as it often seems that nothing is happening.
It's enough to hand out a perf point penalty, which should increase for subsequent infractions, without removing people from the series. If people wish to leave the series, they can do so of their own accord, a matter of personal choice, instead of being pushed out by the GPGSL. Losing a lot of perf points, or for that matter, even championship points could motivate people more to participate.
Team owners should of course be taking some responsibility here, if they don't wish their drivers to receive a failure to post penalty they should be organising a method of contact to serve as a reminder for their drivers.
Team owners can drive for other teams as test drivers, and team owners with vacancies should encourage them to do so. That could fill some test seats without any trouble at all, and if that was to happen, the possibility exists for established testers to fill vacant race seats. If the test series was shut down, as has been suggested, the result is alienating a lot of people for the sake of a few. I for one will not allow it. Until a solution for either attracting new people in or curtailing losses by reworking the penalty system, things will not change. We are all intelligent people, between us we can do something.
I rest my case.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I like Mal's idea. Scrap the expulsion and demotion, which in turn will reduce worktime of the people making the mod. Just give out increasing perf penalties. The permanently inactive people will sort themselves out at the end of each season. Also I'll support an Nations Cup style activity check, after each event, so that people have an inexcusable opportunity to post about something. I think these are good ideas for the future, however, don't let this distract us from continuing with the current season.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Southern Cross Racing Press Release

SCR has just signed Marcus de Bruyker aka Brett Sinclair for our #44 test seat for the remainder of S11 and a contract review for S12. The entire team looks forward to working with our newest addition to the team.
SCR.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I like the idea of having one check per round.

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I like the idea of having one check per round.

Agreed. It just makes sense. Make it so.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Stoopid schrieb:
> This will also mean Dan and Nathan are not
> excluded too.

I support that. With things as they are now, the league can't really afford to exclude members any longer. I know mid-season rule changes aren't exactly ideal, but it might be for the sake of the league if the activity rules are redefined asap. Pick up the suggestions that have been made (checks per round, increasing perf penalty rather than exclusion), and refine them.

On another note, would it help to get more RDs if there was an instruction on how to go about the coverage?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Steer is state of utter confusion

The latest from the Steer camp is that the British driver is running up and down the paddock between the Demon and Snake headquarters with no real idea which team he'll be racing for at Road America. Rumours from both teams suggest shoving him in a car without telling him which it is will probably be the end result.

In other news

I'm good with one activity check per round. Based on using it in the GPGNC, those who are going to fall foul probably will do even with a laxer deadline, so no loss there. I think it would be worth trying the one-per-round approach before removing the exclusions altogether, assuming enough drivers will last to allow that!
I also want to run more than I've done, but moving house killed that over the last few months.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 12:01PM by truecrysis.
I'm also for the one check per round instead of the current fortnightly one. I think it's harsh to see people pushed out of the series just because of nothing happening in the time span, as it is mostly the case unfortunately.

I'm also to declare the last activity check as null and void, thus reinstating both Dan, Nathan and Doug in their previous positions. This is a case of 'force majeure' of inactivity from the board more than their own fault after all.

I think there is no real objection to postpone the past activity check and its results for the sake of keeping the series running right now.

--> This means that:
- Douglas Spangenberg is still capable of running for Snake
- Connor Steer will be driving for Demon as a race driver.
- Nathan McGregor will not be excluded from the series as of now and can continue managing MAC
- Dan Paddock will not be excluded from the series as of now and can continue managing MPR for as long as he feels the mood for it. Additionally, Dan P. is excluded from further penalties (for a reasonable amount of time) because he used his right of a (partial) management shift into Charrel's hands as per rule 3 g).
- Ruben is very welcome to enter the series as a test driver for now to work on his perfs in case he is needed for a further driver change.
- Another result is that excluded drivers are welcome to make a return with any team in need of further drivers.
- Activity checks will be changed to once per round, with the deadline being 48 hours after the end of the RACE.

On top of this, the board will discuss the following rule changes in the coming days:
- Whether or not driver/manager exclusions will be stopped completely and replaced with just ongoing perf/point penalties
- Whether or not team managers will be allowed again to race for their own (and maybe other?) team under which conditions

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 01:45PM by JohnMaverick.
All of a sudden there is a lot more support behind a GPGNC style activity check xD
I have no problem at all with the current activity checks and the rules that everyone knew at the beginning of this season, why everybody is questioning that this must change... I really don't know.

But, rules are rules and if they change across the season, than it's better to not have rules at all.

The guys who run the races and do the perfs etc... they do a hell of a job, and if they always have to change things for the sake of some few.

A few, who forgot that they have a comitment to their team. They only have to post once in awhile if they don't have the time and that they are in holiday or that there is a problem that they can't post.

But even that they can't, it only takes 5 minutes of your time... well,

That's my opinion,

I think that drivers who never been named in a activity check should get a prise... ;)

@Mal : thanks for the #44 test seat for the remainder of S11 and a contract review for S12. I am really glad to help you out and I will not dissapoint you.

Let's enjoy the game and race, (Y)

Marcus

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 03:53PM by Brett Sinclair.
Demon Racing press release

We welcome Connor Steer back to DMR. New keys to the HQ will be issued, with the recent hiring, dismissal, and now re-hiring of Connor - the locksmiths have been busy lately!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Pedersen Schreef:
> just popping in =) busy atm

Well done Michael, that's what I'm talking about... and how long did that take to pop in, 5 minutes ?! ;)

If everybody did that, there was no problem at all.

Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> I have no problem at all with the current activity
> checks and the rules that everyone knew at the
> beginning of this season, why everybody is
> questioning that this must change... I really
> don't know.
>
> But, rules are rules and if they change across the
> season, than it's better to not have rules at
> all.
>
> The guys who run the races and do the perfs etc...
> they do a hell of a job, and if they always have
> to change things for the sake of some few.
>
> A few, who forgot that they have a comitment to
> their team. They only have to post once in awhile
> if they don't have the time and that they are in
> holiday or that there is a problem that they can't
> post.
>
> But even that they can't, it only takes 5 minutes
> of your time... well,
>
> That's my opinion,
>
> I think that drivers who never been named in a
> activity check should get a prise... ;)
>
> @Mal : thanks for the #44 test seat for the
> remainder of S11 and a contract review for S12. I
> am really glad to help you out and I will not
> dissapoint you.
>
> Let's enjoy the game and race, (Y)
>
> Marcus

Absolutely with you on this on Markus. I am wholly against people NOT being removed for inactivity, surely that would lead to a field of ghosts or really slow drivers that constantly trip up those of us that are active. I think the best solution now is to muddle through to the end of this season and then just extend the activity window to either three or four weeks next time.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Ok my two penneth worth.

First of all, I suggested delaying the next activity check by a week due to the massive delay we have had in running the next round. I did NOT suggest that the last activity check should be ignored. I think that the activity checks should continue at a two week interval after this next delayed check. It is entirely unfair to everyone in the league to change it mid-season. It's unfair on those driver's who have received penalties and even exclusion to suddenly discover that later in the season you will have much more time to post and in effect post less often. And it's doubly unfair to those who have not fallen foul of the checks and stayed active every two weeks. I totally agree with Marcus, surely it's not much effort to post something, anything, every two weeks. You had skid marks in your pants in the last race! Or, my boots were on the wrong feet! Or, my balaclava was on back to front! Come on guys use your imagination! I will even let you use the last three comments I have just made up FFS! I am quite happy with adopting the Nation Cup system of activity checks for next season, as I have already suggested, but not before then.

As for not removing drivers from the series because of inactivity, only giving penalties. Why the hell have we got activity checks, penalties and exclusions from the league for then? To stop ghost drivers, is why. Just giving penalties will create just that. Even worse, a group of very slow ghost drivers.

Worse comes to worse we can let team owners drive, but they don't score points in the driver's championship and don't accumulate perf points from the race series, only from the test series. Simple as.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy