GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Activity Check.

No witty lines today, not that they were witty to begin with. Check's been done, covering as usual the two weeks between September 27 and October 11 and it's not good. Like really. Three absentees have been noted:

Dan Paddock (MPR): Last posted on September 25
Nathan McGregor (MAC): Last posted on September 25
Douglas Spangenberg (Snake): Last posted on September 26

Paddock and McGregor are on their third warnings and will be retired from the league for the remainder of the season. As per the rules, ownership of their teams shall pass to their respective number 1 drivers for the remainder of the season. Spangenberg is on his second warning and will be demoted to Test Driver role for the following 2 rounds.

Next check will be up on October 25. C'mon, I still have faith in everybody!

Well, we lost two team owners, one of which is a long standing member of the league. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect Dan's absence, AFAIK he has quite a time consuming job now. But I sincerely hoped he'd hold on til the end of the season and then retire the team formally. Can't blame him though. Along with Nathan, who's been with us for some seasons now, this is a bad blow. Didn't even have the mood for the golden boot joke.

It's getting trickier, unfortunately. Personally, I'm considering entering the waiting list for a team. I'll take a decision when we finish the season. For now, just want to thank everybody who still holds on, and wish to re-state my commitment to this series.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Huge blow to the series for sure. It's sad to see teams retire from the series due to receiving 3 inactive penalties. Hopefully another team can take on Martini sponsorship for Season 12 to keep that sponsor in the series.

Let's face it, at this rate it's more than questionable that there will be a S12. Even if having 11 teams probably won't be a problem, there aren't enough drivers. That's a problem now already, seeing that with Doug's demotion there's no test/reserve driver capable of filling a race seat (i.e. no team boss) remaining. Arguably, there's still Alessandro and Doug currently in testing roles, but they're both on the verge of exclusion. And I have my doubts that everyone of the remaining 22 will remain active for the 2nd half of the season.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's face it, at this rate it's more than
> questionable that there will be a S12.

Well I hope the lavish contracts I have lined up, signed sealed and delivered for S12 don't go to waste!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Wow its going pretty downwards like this

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Hmmm, so Doug at SMS gets a penalty - does Connor Steer now need to return to Snake, abandoning a very short stint at Demon?? If so, interested drivers apply within for a race seat....

Oh boy ..

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Damn it, sorry boss.

I thought that my last post - at the end of the last race event - would have been enough to tide me over until something actually happened worth commenting on.

Oh well.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
MPR team announcement - Press conference
Lady's and Gentleman, thank you all for coming.. Today is a sad day in the history of the Grand Prix Games SuperLeague; the day that our team owner Dan Paddock has gotten "the boot". As the #1 driver of the team I will be taking over Dan's tasks for the rest of the season.

First of all I want to show my gratitude to Dan for his amazing personality, his experience and dedication for the series. MPR is like the Ferrari of the GPGSL, they are supposed to be together. Yet, I have to tell you I do not fully agree about "the boot". Yes, the rules are clear, but we are all racers.. We have gasoline in our blood, a passion for speed and we want to get as close as possible.

In Dan's case I know he has been massively busy, and yes even when "taking a @#$%&" you can post, like I always say. But deep in my heart I know Dan does not want to leave his drivers, his team and the GPGSL. I agree that no reason is just good enough to be brought back into the series, when talking about work, social live, health, holiday's etc. Dan is living the dream most of us once hoped to achieve ourself, it's not as you might think a lack of interest in the series.

To be clear, I have no intention of running the MPR team in season 12 as a team owner. So this will mean the end of Dan Paddock, MPR and possible the GPGSL as a result. Do we need to take matters in our own hands?

With the future of the series in mind, let's see what we can do. I am waiting for Mr. Paddock to return in the paddock and tell his story, in the meanwhile I will run the team in the best of my knowlegde.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2017 01:29PM by Charrel.
Hi guys! Charrel just gave me the heads-up about the penalty...

So, it's not looking good is it... Can only apologise, but real life has really got in the way this year.

Only a few of you might be aware, but since January I've been working in F1 for Mercedes-AMG Motorsport, travelling to all of the races as part of their communications team!

I've been part of the GPGSL for nearly 10 years now, right from that first flurry of excitement as the series was born. They've been some great years, with lots of wins, poles and most importantly, the teams' title!

I'd love to be allowed to see the team off properly until the end of the season, before officially bowing out with one last big party at the final round. If not, then the team is in safe hands with Charrel until the end of play.

I hope this doesn't signal the start of the end of the GPGSL...

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I think that MPR is more in need of a communications team than the Mercedes F1 team.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Really disappointing to see Dan and Nathan out of this series, which I believe this season is normally getting downards I'm afraid :(
Sad to see MPR potentially going, but surely the series is bigger than just MPR..... S12 can still go ahead, the sun will still rise, the moon will still glow, and people will still fail the activity checks.

Perhaps some massive changes need to occur, and possibly a rethink of the whole setup of test drivers, given the almost non existence of drivers. Just thinking on the run, but if the test drivers continue maybe the team owner must drive for their team if not already doing so, and 1 race driver fills the other seT if required, with no impact on their perf gained. This idea then would potentially raise the question, "why bother?".
Personally, the effort needs to be there, because as a team owner, I still want to be on track, so if I couldn't be on track, why would I be owning a team? Lots to think about, and I seriously hope this thinking can be done as the season progresses, to finish S11, then start S12 early 2018.....
Happy to help however I can....

shep34 Wrote:

> Perhaps some massive changes need to occur, and
> possibly a rethink of the whole setup of test
> drivers, given the almost non existence of
> drivers.

> as a team owner, I still want to be on track, so
> if I couldn't be on track, why would I be owning a
> team?

I agree!

For next season, maybe we should end with the testers cahmpioship and, why not, allowing the team owners to drive for the team too?

In real life, we have some examples: Brabham, Surtess, Andretti, Carpenter...

-----------------------------------------------------

Why can't a race driver from 1 team also be a test driver for another team, this could solve the problem for the rest of the season for teams who doesn't have any drivers left.

I would do it, if the GPGSL board allow it.

I only got one mission and that is to drive !!! ;)

And btw I'm still looking for a seat in S12

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Oh well, exciting times LOL

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I think we have a few options for next season;
1) Allow team owners to race drive again
2) Be more lenient with activity checks
3) Reduce the number of teams

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I think we have a few options for next season;
> 1) Allow team owners to race drive again

Good idea, given the lack of testdrivers at the moment, and the fact that it's not uncommon in real life, owners could perfectly race should they run out of alternatives.

> 2) Be more lenient with activity checks

Bad idea. Though we could modify the windows to match the end of events, like the Nations Cup does. Give 14 days starting from the day a race is finished, then sweep.

> 3) Reduce the number of teams

I'd like to keep this as a very last resort.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
There will be an S12, and discussion on rule changes should be after the season ends. It's somewhat premature to be putting up suggestions only halfway through the season.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy