GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
mortal schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
>
> It's been waxed......had a brazilian.

Woah, I see...oh dear

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Looking forward to Brazil. Fancy a good result here

The pit entry is a bit of a mess.

Test race, scenario 1:
Driver A has a pit call, moves to the left to enter the pits (before the slight left kink). In doing so he slows down. Driver B behind him (no pit call) slows down as well. Driver C who was behind both doesn't slow down, moves to the left in order to pass B, and in doing so hits A.

FP, scenario 2:
2 drivers completed their fast laps. On approaching the pits, B goes for a move on A. Driving side by side, the one on the right dives to the left side, since he wants to enter the pits. They collide, both spin. At the point they stop, the pitwall has already started. One of them loses a wheel trying to drive through the wall into the pits. The other somehow cancels the stop, and goes on to cross the line. Doing so he enters his 7th lap, getting DSQ'ed.
No real problem in FP since the screenshot capture the laptimes and he can be reinstated in his proper position without much of a hassle. If that were to happen in quali though, it'd require a re-run.

Cars also slow down right before they join the track when leaving the pits, but that doesn't seem to cause any troubles.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 07:26PM by kedy89.
that's no good, Tobi... why not a race without pitstops then... and see who can spare his fuel and tyres to the end of the race, wooaaaach ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Does a different version of the track solve the issue?

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
AUS_Doug schrieb:
> Does a different version of the track solve the
> issue?

Don't really have the time for testing other versions, then adjusting the md as well (which I already did for this to fix fuel consumption). I'll just run it as is and hope for the best.

@Stu
just noticed, the globalvars.ini of the race mod currently has weather set to Dry rather than Realistic. No rain predicted for quali seemed a bit fishy when rain chance should've been 75% ;-)
Also Dan's name is missing in the race mod helmets.ini

Some mods

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 11:23AM by kedy89.
I'm a bit surprised, we already ran at Interlagos several times and there were no issues as far as I remember. Is this the same track we're using this season than the previous ones ?

I seem to remember we had pit entry collisions in the past as well. There are 2 things that I've seen happening
-2 drivers coming up the hill, the one following moves alongside out of T14. If the one ahead has a pit call, he moves to the left, cutting right in the path of the one attempting the overtake.
-3 drivers running close behind. 1st one heads for the pits. If the 2nd one is within a certain range, he'll slow down a bit, staying on the ideal line. The 3rd one doesn't slow down, gets a run on the 2nd, moves to the inside (=pitlane) and might end up running right in the back of the 1st one.

In wet conditions the cars heading to the pits slow down more than in the dry, which seems to make things a bit worse.

Anyway, all sessions have been run.

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 02:31PM by kedy89.
I don't remember any collisions near pit entry in previous races at Interlagos, both in Nations Cup and GPGSL.

Checked back, was GPGNC S3, wet conditions as well.

Can I get some official words on whether I should proceed to post FP, Q and R?

Some mods
kedy89 schrieb:
> Checked back, was GPGNC S3, wet conditions as
> well.
>
>
> Can I get some official words on whether I should
> proceed to post FP, Q and R?

Hopefully you'll proceed this. I'm not entirely sure about the problem but I'll just say go ahead.
I’d like to say that I’m looking forward to Brazil, but I don’t think we are going to get much from it.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Round 7 - Brazilian GP - Autódromo José Carlos Pace

Halftime of the season almost, as the GPGSL tross arrives at Interlagos, Brazil for the 7th of 14 rounds this season. The 10th time that the Brazilian GP is hosted here, only season 1 saw it being held at Jacarepaguá.

Challenging conditions are predicted for this weekend, with up to 75% rain chance. The testers might be lucky though, with rain being expected in about 30 minutes they should be able to finish the session in the dry.

Scala is the first to set a time, he's 1 of 9 race drivers who have to participate in the practice session

Silva's another one, and he immediately beats Scala's time

de Boer a fair bit back

Mills in 3rd

The crowd goes wild as Vilela sets a new best

5th place for McGregor

Greenhalgh takes 4th

O'Neill in the other Alpha 2 tenths faster than his boss, 3rd place

Only for a moment though, as Cremasco beats his time

Mistral boss Moinet with the 5th best time so far

Strong lap by Rodríguez, 2nd place

Worseling as 1st one of the 2nd group with the slowest time set so far

Jalving in 6th can't quite match his teammate's pace

By a hair's breadth Ingers misses out on 1st place

Elleker over half a second behind in 12th

16th for Sheppard, only Worseling behind him

Top 10 for Maverick with 9th place

O'Brien in 12th

3rd place for Steer

Strong showing by Von Draxeler in front of his home crowd

Unlucky 13 for Copeman

A bad last sector means 4th for Stoddart, he was up by over a tenth in the 2nd split time

1st runs completed, Vilela tops the timesheets

Moinet improves 2 places to 9th

O'Neill goes up to 8th

Big improvement for Mills, 11th place

4 tenths faster than his first run, still only 15th for de Boer

8th place for Elleker now

Worseling hands the wooden spoon to Sheppard

O'Brien can't really get up to speed

Slight improvement for Copeman

Worseling back in last as Sheppard moves up to 20th

And that's it, congrats to Rodrigo Vilela, 1st place at his home GP!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Not a great session for the team... qualify may shake things up.

My GPGSL Career
Congratulations boss... nice drive and great job by Erick with his 7th place, only 0.096s in difference.

Hopefully John and myself do the same in the race, fingers crossed. ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Aeeeeeeeeeeeee... finally a win in Interlagos!!! (on GPGSL, of course).

Congratulations, Erick!! And good luck, John and Marc!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Session wasn't too bad. Hopefully qualifying will go better but that will depend on whether or not it ends up being a wet session.

Wow! 9th place at a track I'm not used to. I take it as the best position I could hope to achieve.
6th it's not that bad. High hopes for "tomorrow"...

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy