GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Well that was fun! Survived another round! Requested another boost, lets keep this momentum going.. Really looking for the win this race! (H)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Free Practice session has been run. The new pitlane works well, no problem with that at all. The only problem was that the session started on wet track (yes, it happens sometimes with the 19% chance of rain). My question is - should I re-run it on the dry track maybe? I mean the game deceided this, I've checked the weather settings before the start and everything was right, so there was no fault on my side. But the results were heavily affected by this, that's for sure, and some people might be dissapointed with it. Anyway, waiting for confirmation from the GPGSL governing board (Stu mainly) that I can start with my RD's duties at all.

p.s. Nata Cremasco's helmet is missing in the test mod uploaded yesterday (not a big deal though - I've just copied it from the previous race mod to make it visible in game).

and btw can any GPGSL mod creator (Ruben, Tobi, Stuart or someone else, who was doing this job in the past) write a quick little tutorial for me on what (and how) files should be edited to modify mods after the driver changes. I just have 0 experience poking around CSM tool. Sure, I can figure it out by myself with comparing the files and so on, but if you'll give me instructions, you'll save my time greatly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 08:20PM by Soutsen.
As long as there was no grave problem with either mod or track there's no need for a rerun imo. Wait for a board member though to confirm. This rain stuff would be way less an issue if we had all cars on track at once, been suggesting this a few times already.

Remember the 1.0 fuel per lap. Check in dry conditions, results on wet track may vary.

Depends on how the mod's set up really, also on how much you want to change (textures only, menu stuff etc.). Mostly globalvars and the inis in the respective folders. Would take too long to write a proper tutorial.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 08:50PM by kedy89.
The fuel usage is constant 1.1 on dry track. Should I be worried?

I don't think that all cars on track is solving this problem any good, it is still would be pretty much a lottery with a last guy hitted the track winning (because track conditions improving constantly). And moreover, this exact track, Kyalami Circuit, is way too short for GPGSL cars (laptimes slightly above one minute) and people are getting stuck behind someone else even with twice less cars on track (had this issue on every test session I've run on Kyalami).

And thanks for the answer on mod editing, that's some good info to start with (Y)

Email to: seanmikeuk@yahoo.co.uk

I have tried some trackpacks but they are tup files and for some reason TSM doesn't work on my computer setup.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
Well, I've run a test race and the leader came to finish with no fuel onboard (though he won still, thanks to big gap he gained) and stopped just few seconds after he crossed the line :D
So yeah, thanks again, Tobi. This will be tweaked prior to race.

@seanmikeuk Here you go:
[www110.zippyshare.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 01:10AM by Soutsen.
Thanks much appreciated. Downloaded the file and put into my GP4 setup and it looks great.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
I've seen a car go 4 laps down being stuck at the final corner here, taking boost here is a risky idea for sure.
FlyingFinn19 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen a car go 4 laps down being stuck at the
> final corner here, taking boost here is a risky
> idea for sure.

I'm used to living on the egde..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 10:49AM by Charrel.
Soutsen schrieb:
> The fuel usage is constant 1.1 on dry track.
> Should I be worried?
>
> I don't think that all cars on track is solving
> this problem any good, it is still would be pretty
> much a lottery with a last guy hitted the track
> winning (because track conditions improving
> constantly). And moreover, this exact track,
> Kyalami Circuit, is way too short for GPGSL cars
> (laptimes slightly above one minute) and people
> are getting stuck behind someone else even with
> twice less cars on track (had this issue on every
> test session I've run on Kyalami).
>
> And thanks for the answer on mod editing, that's
> some good info to start with (Y)

Guess you found the answer yourself ;). I think it can also cause double stacking, though Ruben probably knows more about that.
I always adjust the fuel value to fix it. If it's at 1.1 currently I'd raise the values by 500, test again and the adjust in steps of 50-100 if necessary.

It's still better than 2 groups imo. Speaking of short tracks, might also wanna have a look at rejoin sectors, else cars that go off might be stuck for ages before they rejoin.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
FlyingFinn19 Wrote:
> I've seen a car go 4 laps down being stuck at the
> final corner here, taking boost here is a risky
> idea for sure.

Great! Finally a win without a boost for me? :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Anxious. And, Mav, for me, if race will be run on rainy conditions, no problem!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Back from my holidays and slowly catching up. Pity to see another longer-term driver being demoted, but rules are rules.

@Michael
Weather is part of the series and 19% aren't 0%, as you said. If weather mixes up the results that's bad luck for some and good luck for others. So you're clear to post the FP. Also, congrats to the induction in the Hall of Fa.... the GPGSL board, I mean! ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Great news guys, I lost 18 grams for my seat fitting, meaning I can get one of the harnesses across my buttock cheeks.

1 down, 4 to go.

(Harness straps that is, not butt cheeks).

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 10:36PM by danm.
GPGSL S11 CSM Race Mod update:

Click here <====

With the race mod being posted and all the needed permissions granted, I'll run the qualy and race tomorrow and post it soonish.
Now posting the Free Practice.

Hello and welcome to the South Africa. Kyalami Circuit, the stage for the round 6 of the GPGSL season 11, is now covered with water.

The weather forecast promised very little chance of rain today, but just a few moments before the start of the session we had a quick shower over the
track and now everyone seems confused. Noone knows exactly how much water is on the track right now, and noone knows if the rain will strike again.

Session started and Paulo Silva coming out first. He is on slicks.

Then out goes Rodriguez on dries, Scala on wets, Sean O'Neill on wets as well, Vilela and Jalving on dry tires, Mills and Moinet on wets, Cremasco and
Greenhalgh on dry ones and Nathan McGregor on wet tyres. And that's our first group today. Let's see the laptimes they score.

Silva goes for 1:06:259 in his first try. That's around 5 seconds more than the average times on the dry track should be.

Rodriguez fails to beat his time, but he was close.

Scala goes fastest, and he is first into 1:05s

O'Neil is even faster and it seems that the wet tyres is the right choice for now.

Vilela is four-tenths off the leaders pace on his dry tires.

Jalving facing similar problems with his slicks. He is only fourth fastest.

Dan Mills ends his lap and he is absolutely slowest at the moment.

Moinet takes third place and by the way I see that a session timer is lacking. There seems to be some water in our equipment, and we're trying to fix that.
Our apologies.

Onto the start finish straight comes Cremasco followed by Greenhalgh. Ed goes for overtake before the finish line. And he scores provisional pole!

Both of them were on slicks, but look at the time difference! That was a risky maneuver for Ed, considering ammount of water outside the racing line.
First highlight of the day goes to Greenhalgh.

Meanwhile Nathan McGregor ends his lap and he is currently 5th. So, except Greenhalgh everyone else in top five were running on wet tyres. The only
man who was unable to gain any profit from the right tyre choice is Dan Mills.

That's the end of the run for the group one, and now we see another 11 cars entering the track. The order is: Elleker on wets, Sheppard on dries,
De Boer on wets, Worseling on dries, Steer on wets, Maverick on dries, Stoddart on wets, Ingers, O'Brien and Copeman on dries...

Oh look, it seems like Copeman comes out right ahead of Glen Sheppard, who starting his flying lap.

Sheppard goes by in turn 4, but his lap is already ruined, that's for sure.

Jack Elleker, replacing Dean Kittleson for the first time this season, crosses the line. It's a provisional pole.

P12 for unfortunate Sheppard.

MDB beats the time of Ed Greenhalgh, but he is slower than Elleker. P2 for him.

Nick Worseling snatches the pole!

Steer is third.

And John Maverick is on pole! But surely he won't stay first for too long, as the sun dries up the track more and more.

Stoddart is only third, 3 tenths behind the current best time. Track conditions improved, wet tyres are not really working anymore.

Stoddart was in third not for long, as Ingers takes this place from him, and he is much closer to the leader than the Australian was.

And O'Brien fulfills my prophecy - he is the new pole-sitter.

Copeman sets rather a bad time, he is only 7th fastest.

Von Draxeler finds himself on P9 and that's the end of the first runs for everyone.

Rodriguez is first on track for the second run. Vilela, Greenhalgh, Cremasco, Moinet, McGregor, Scala and O'Neill coming after him. All cars are on slicks.

Carlos ends his lap - he is currently second.

Vilela has no problem with the tricky conditions, it seems. He is fastest!

And now Ed Greenhalgh beats his time by almost half a second! Fantastic drive by three times GPGSL champion!

Cremasco is still a second slower than Ed. That's enough only for P8 at the moment.

Moinet can't get the pace to challenge Ed Greenhalgh, but he is in second.

McGregor only fourth.

Now Scala is fourth.

O'Neill charges for P2, he stays only behind his teammate and boss.

Here comes Paulo Silva and grabs the pole! I should say that he, as well as Michael De Boer and Dan Mills waited in the pits for as much as they could
before they entered the track for their final runs. Clever boys!

De Boer on a flying lap, and he comes to the last corner... but wait, what is this? It seems like Greenhalgh is going to overtake him on the way
down to the pits!

In the final moment Ed backed off and allowed De Boer to end his lap without any time loss, but that was again something special from Greenhalgh today!
Yet the Snake owner snatches the second place anyway.

Mills is next on the line to take a second place spot.

Now we have 11 cars left to score the times and they are coming out of pits. First goes two AMRs of Ingers and Elleker, then Sheppard, Worseling,
Steer, O'Brien, Jalving, then goes Copeman and once again he comes out straight ahead of someone else's car! This time it's Jack Elleker suffers
from being blocked by the MAC driver.

Ingers sets the new fastest time, as the African sun dried out the track completely.

His teammate decided to spend the whole lap behind Copeman. Elleker won't get any points for this session anyway, so that's probably a wise choice.

While Glen Sheppard would love to get some points, and he certainly makes it. Now he can't be placed lower than 10th, but he fails to beat the current
fastest time by just a fraction of a second.

Worseling is now fastest!

Steer just a little bit slower, he is second.

O'Brien is in second, and look at their times - they are almost identical. This is getting tense!

Jalving crosses the line and that's pole for Dutchman!

Copeman is much slower, he is currently 7th.

We have three cars left on track. First of them is MTP of John Maverick - and he is third fastest, but he was really close!

Mal Stoddart beats Jalving to pole, but can he stay first as the One car of Erick Von Draxeler comes in...

And the Brazilian driver is only third.

That means that Mal Stoddart, the Donut King, scores his first free practice win this season and becomes the new testers championship leader. Congrats!

It's been fantastic 20 minutes of action, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. For now goodbye and see you later!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 07:11AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
R6 official testers practice results:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2017 02:27AM by GPGSL.
Great lap by Stoddart! We got caught out in the first lap because of the conditions, they improved so much. So we decided to go out as late as possible, but Stoddard got under the flag after us.

Still P2 is good, let's see if we can improve for qualifying.

Woot! Pleased as punch with that effort. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy