GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Well... When we hired two young and ambitious drivers for the team we knew we would have some hard times with them wanting to prove their best at every little moment on track. But then one of our young drivers, seeing the possibility to take the lead for the first time with us becomes a bit impetuous and lost his mind. Unfortunately. Tonight the debriefing will take a long, long, long time I'm afraid.
On behalf of the team, my apologies to the whole ONE team for the inconvenience.

Solid race for Daly, although starting from Monza was able to clinch some points and the most gained places.

danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's the medical term for being ill from seeing
> too many colours in one instance?

Hahahahhhh

Saddened to have seen no smouldering boost laden machines at the side of the road though.. A boost fest let down!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Stunning drive from Tobias! Shame for Alessandro to fall down the pack it looked like he had the pace to get a Top 10 result!

X (@ed24f1)
Can't get the best out of the car, that penalty is really hurting.
If that rule isn't changed next season, I can't see myself taking part in GPGSL. Would rather stick around and do well for Michael, but I can't be bothered with these results.
Fantastic result, good start and quick pitstop were the key.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
FlyingFinn19 Wrote:
> Can't get the best out of the car, that penalty is
> really hurting.
> If that rule isn't changed next season, I can't
> see myself taking part in GPGSL. Would rather
> stick around and do well for Michael, but I can't
> be bothered with these results.

Yea, I think that first penalty should be just a championship points reduction (let's say 5 points), and the second one can be a furter 5 points reduction and a perf penalty. Or maybe perf penalty should be applied only for those, who missed two consecutive activity checks. Anyway, the current system is not really helping to keep people motivated after they caught up [mostly a random] penalty. The 1st one shouldn't be so severe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 09:04AM by Soutsen.
What a great result there, shame both cars didn't get to the end.
Good race pace from Tobias gaining some good points for the team.
He leads the Drivers Championship and the team is leading the Constructors Championship.
Let's hope we as a team can keep this lead to the end of the season.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
danm schrieb:
> What's the medical term for being ill from seeing
> too many colours in one instance?

I'd say you're suffering from a hypercoloric attack ;)

Re the perf penalty discussion: The system is there to benefit active drivers. The good side is that all penalties are erased at the end of the season so that every driver can start afresh into the next season. But surely the penalties are NOT random! Whoever gets a penalty has earned it by not meeting the activity requirements set up by the community. And on top of this, we're talking 20 points here. That's 1/10 of a boost! Or 1/5th of last season's boost where most people complained that they (100 points) did not have enough of an impact. So 1/5th of it (permanently) is definitely not too high a penalty and surely not making a driver a permanent backmarker just because of this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
A stupid mistake by my side costed me a point finish :-( yet the pace was there... nevermind, next time we have to be more careful.

My GPGSL Career
Another points finish...I'll take that. I'm a tad disappointed the boost didn't do more for me but it worked well for my teammate. Both cars in the points is the kick-start the season needed.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

P9 that's 2 points so I'll take it... However a very quick recovery to gain 9 places so that's positive news, no problems for me at all. (Y)
Well, that's what I get for being too excited on the brakes.

And for missing the activity check last time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> danm schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What's the medical term for being ill from
> seeing
> > too many colours in one instance?
>
> I'd say you're suffering from a hypercoloric
> attack ;)
>
>
> Re the perf penalty discussion: The system is
> there to benefit active drivers. The good side is
> that all penalties are erased at the end of the
> season so that every driver can start afresh into
> the next season. But surely the penalties are NOT
> random! Whoever gets a penalty has earned it by
> not meeting the activity requirements set up by
> the community. And on top of this, we're talking
> 20 points here. That's 1/10 of a boost! Or 1/5th
> of last season's boost where most people
> complained that they (100 points) did not have
> enough of an impact. So 1/5th of it (permanently)
> is definitely not too high a penalty and surely
> not making a driver a permanent backmarker just
> because of this.

20 points at basically the start of the season, when you don't have a large pool of perf to begin with, basically pushes you back past everyone to the back. You only need to fall behind a little bit before the problem begins to start to snowball. No problems at all, just need to wait the entire rest of the season to get it to reset... so at this rate perhaps by this time next year I'll be allowed to start fresh, nevermind the fact that the results the previous season have probably made me a poor driver now as a result, which will take another season to start to rectify. (so maybe a chance to get towards the front in.. 2020?)
We can talk about the activity requirements of the community, frankly having done this myself in running a series, there is nothing better to create discussion than to have a race to talk about. We have about one per month yet we have 2 week activity checks? I'd only campaign for a change to the Nations Cup rule of once per round, and absolutely be harsher if necessary because people absolutely have something to talk about every activity check.
Ahead RV once again!! I'm starting to love that "One"... ;)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
@FlyingFinn19 At the same time, the 20 perf point pealty is not really THAT harsh. Douglas (your teammate) caught up a penalty at the same time as you did, but he have won the previous race in Monza, so don't give up your hopes so early :-)
Yet I see and agree with your point that 14-day activity check would make sence if we had one race per two weeks strictly. And that's what I was talking about when I said about drivers randomly missing the activity checks. All of us usually leave comments after the race, but not every one of us can find anything to talk about during the extended pre-race periods. I almost missed the latest check (June 20 - August 2) because there was simply nothing to talk about except people bashing Marcus for taking the game too seriously before the results/standings tables were finally posted in August 1st.

Anyway, I believe that all the discussions regarding revising the rules should have been done during the pre-season period. So let's save it 'till then.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy