GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Once again, little info about how boosting works so far this season:
__
For now it seems that boost works very well indeed (or maybe even too well - it can be a subject for discussion, if you like ;-)), considering that both Scala and Pedersen had additional pit stops, which caused them being out of points, and Jalving and Thomas were 5th and 6th at the time they collided. Right now it seems like using a boost leaves almost no chance for no-boosters. I say "almost" because after all drivers have made their stop we had Sanvitale and Nell quite far ahead of Cremasco, and they could finish ahead of him in theory... but in fact they both suffered from mechanical problems. Analyzing best laps, it showes again that the boosted cars were quickiest. Sanvitale, Milos and Rodriguez were the first pit-comers (all of them went in on lap 10th), so from the start they had less fuel on board, and their stint before the pit was basically a sprint. I suspect that this is why their best laps were better than ones by Scala, Worseling and Cremasco. But as Daly McClure's exaple showed us in Melbourne - early entry works quite bad for some reason. Carlos kind of proved it here once again, and we'll never know how it would've ended for Alessandro and Milos, since they both had their race ruined by accidents.

Anyway, it was a thrilling race to watch, with AMR battling for the podium, and Nick collecting a victory slipped away from Pedersen and Tobi. Big dissapointment for Charrel, MTP and Demon, but that's how the racing goes. It's fun to watch how the season builds up so far, especially the testers part, of course ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Well, the struggle is to get the boost working over the whole season. In the past seasons, boost especially became useless towards the end of the season when the gaps between the drivers increased.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Was doing so well, messed up, and even lapped.

My favourite circuit, and this happens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
I heard before the season a complaint that perf calculating is a time consuming matter, so here's for you a fully working automatic excel calculator. All you need is to copy these:

driver's car numbers and paste them into a results table segment in this ecxel calculator. Or you can just write these numbers by you own. This allows you to waste 1-2 minutes of your time to build a perf for the next round, and now every one of us can do it with ease. I hope it helps:-)
Testers perf builder [www35.zippyshare.com]
Racers and bhp perf builder [www82.zippyshare.com]

p.s. also according to this tool whoever is doing the maths has made a mistake, and SCR team bhp value must've been 785,805 not 786,806 for the R2 at Sepang. In other words their team received undeserved +1 bhp point advantage for that race only (their bhp value at Suzuka was correct). So I suggest to resolve this error and leave them with -1 bhp for the next race in Monza (for that race only). I think this would be fair

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 08:46PM by Soutsen.
Finally some points, although the race could have gone a while better if wasn't for the incident

Our performance file is also full of automated excel calculations. And while I don't have the time right now to check out the calculator you suggested, I doubt it can cover all the small peculiarities that are needed for this series. Either way, after your complaint I re-checked the perfs for SCR and must correct you and this other calculator. SCR caught 48 points in the first race, divided by 12 makes +4.0 perf increase. Their starter perf was 781,801 and 4 points added makes 785,805 and 1 point team boost added makes 786,806 so the perf they had for the race. Maybe your tool did not consider the boost?

Nope, tool works fine, you know excel can't make errors while doing calculations, it's me cannot undersand right how the bhp builds, so I was using the wrong formulas for bhp calculation. If you'll send me your calculator, or explain me how 48 points formed (by fraction - I mean from what exact numbers summed these 48 points) I will be able to fix the issue. I saw this:
from rules
Total driver points are divided by six, then added to the BHP. When the outcome has a decimal, the whole number will be added to the BHP, the decimal will be saved until another whole number is reached.
Example: A team scores 10 points. 14/6=2.3333. 780+2=782. The .3333 will be saved until the team gets the remaining 0.6667 to make a whole number.
Example: The team scores 11 points. 11/6=1.8333. 1.8333+0.3333=2.1667. 782+2=784. The .1667 will be saved.

So I thought this is about sum of both race driver perf points earned for a race, divided each by 6 and then added to bhp. Now you tell me that the number should be divided by 12. Also "A team scores 10 points. 14/6=2.3333." in the rules section seems like a typo. So yeah, I blame my bad knowing of english (which is not my native language) so I'll just wait for you to clear the things for me up :-)

Still, the driver perf builder works 100 perfect (both race and testers), so I'm sure I'll manage to get my tool to calculate bhps properly as well. And anyway I don't know what method you were using before, but with this tool all calculations should take 1-2 minutes only (to fill the results page with the driver's car numbers in the order they've finished), so I think that perf building should be no more complicated and time consuming matter :-)

p.s. I apologize for making a hasty conclusions, it seems like SCR team is fine ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 10:46PM by Soutsen.
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 4, Italian GP Grand Prix, Monza, are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Thursday, 29th June 2017. For team boost you must use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Monza". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Monza". Boost applications must be sent to the GPGSL. Any applications not following these instructions will be rejected.

SEASON 11 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S11

Round 01: Australian GP - Melbourne - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 02: Malaysian GP - Sepang - Winner: Tobias Kederer - Alpha Motorsports
Round 03: Japanese GP - Suzuka - Winner: Nick Worseling - Southern Cross Racing
Round 04: Italian GP - Monza - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 05: Spain GP - Barcelona - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 06: South African GP - Kyalami (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 07: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 08: US GP - Road America - 25% - 40 AI Errors
Round 09: Canadian GP - Montreal - 50% - 40 AI Errors
Round 10: German GP - Hockenheim (Classic Layout) - 19% - 10 AI Errors
Round 11: Austrian GP - Österreichring (not A1) - 25% - 4 AI Errors
Round 12: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 66% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: British GP - Silverstone (Classic Layout) - 33% - 10 AI Errors
Round 14: Flevoland GP - Emmeloord - 19% - 4 AI Errors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2017 11:34AM by GPGSL.
This race could be better, let's see what it awaits for me on this historic track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 03:06PM by Bandon23.
Douglas did a reasonable job with what was going on out there. Hopefully the guys can build from here, Monza is a far nicer track to drive around so onwards and upwards!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Tyrant Motorsports Announcement

For the upcoming Italian GP, we will be having Jake Legge joining the team to drive the #52 Tyrant in a one off appearance.

Points are points i guess. It was also nice of my test driver to let me know he was leaving and not just drop a bombshell in the forum...oh wait a second, he didn't!!!

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Pizza and wine here we come! :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
That's right, folks! For one round only, I'll be making a small cameo behind the wheel of a GPGSL car again!

Thanks to Greg for letting me drop in, hopefully I don't embarrass myself...

...and who knows? If it goes well, I might be back later in the season...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Nothing against Jake, but Greg, you are aware that if Jake only drives one race, you will have used two of your three possible test driver changes for the season?

Soutsen schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, tool works fine, you know excel can't make
> errors while doing calculations, it's me cannot
> undersand right how the bhp builds, so I was using
> the wrong formulas for bhp calculation. If you'll
> send me your calculator, or explain me how 48
> points formed (by fraction - I mean from what
> exact numbers summed these 48 points) I will be
> able to fix the issue. I saw this:
>
> Total driver points are divided by six, then added
> to the BHP. When the outcome has a decimal, the
> whole number will be added to the BHP, the decimal
> will be saved until another whole number is
> reached.
> Example: A team scores 10 points. 14/6=2.3333.
> 780+2=782. The .3333 will be saved until the team
> gets the remaining 0.6667 to make a whole number.
> Example: The team scores 11 points. 11/6=1.8333.
> 1.8333+0.3333=2.1667. 782+2=784. The .1667 will be
> saved.
>
> So I thought this is about sum of both race driver
> perf points earned for a race, divided each by 6
> and then added to bhp. Now you tell me that the
> number should be divided by 12. Also "A team
> scores 10 points. 14/6=2.3333." in the rules
> section seems like a typo. So yeah, I blame my bad
> knowing of english (which is not my native
> language) so I'll just wait for you to clear the
> things for me up :-)
>
> Still, the driver perf builder works 100 perfect
> (both race and testers), so I'm sure I'll manage
> to get my tool to calculate bhps properly as well.
> And anyway I don't know what method you were using
> before, but with this tool all calculations should
> take 1-2 minutes only (to fill the results page
> with the driver's car numbers in the order they've
> finished), so I think that perf building should be
> no more complicated and time consuming matter :-)
>
> p.s. I apologize for making a hasty conclusions,
> it seems like SCR team is fine ;-)

I get 42(12.5+5+15+8.5+1)/6=7 for Sepang? Or is it points rather than perf points, so 23(15+7+1)/6=3.83?

I'm clueless, been too long since I helped out with them and got a slight grasp of how it works.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 02:26PM by kedy89.
I see where the confusion is coming from. Tobi might remember it, Michael can't know it, because this lasts back to way before his entry.

I don't remember which season exactly it was, but we had this season where we doubled both the boost points and the championship points so that the winner got 30 instead of 15, and so on. But then we reverted back to the normal points the season after. However, in the calculations it was a lot more comfortable to deal with full numbers rather than .5 numbers, so we decided to keep the full numbers (30,25,20,19,18, etc). and just double the factor from 6 to 12, which never made it into the rules and also didn't have to, since it SHOULD be the same outcome. Whether you divide 15 by 6 or 30 by 12 doesn't make a difference.

However, we admittedly did not consider one thing back then ... the extra points. We didn't double them up in the perfs and so, 31/12 or 16/6 isn't the same anymore. Our apologies for this mistake. Since it has been common practice for multiple seasons, however, we will stick to the system as is for the remainder of the season and from next season on we will then double up the extra points in the perf to give them their original value back.

Also, there is indeed a typo in the rules (for sure not the only one), so thanks for pointing that out. Overall the rules are quite clustered by now, with a section added here, one removed there, etc. but we're trying to hold up best possibly.

JohnMaverick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see where the confusion is coming from. Tobi
> might remember it, Michael can't know it, because
> this lasts back to way before his entry.
>
> I don't remember which season exactly it was, but
> we had this season where we doubled both the boost
> points and the championship points so that the
> winner got 30 instead of 15, and so on. But then
> we reverted back to the normal points the season
> after. However, in the calculations it was a lot
> more comfortable to deal with full numbers rather
> than .5 numbers, so we decided to keep the full
> numbers (30,25,20,19,18, etc). and just double the
> factor from 6 to 12, which never made it into the
> rules and also didn't have to, since it SHOULD be
> the same outcome. Whether you divide 15 by 6 or 30
> by 12 doesn't make a difference.
>
> However, we admittedly did not consider one thing
> back then ... the extra points. We didn't double
> them up in the perfs and so, 31/12 or 16/6 isn't
> the same anymore. Our apologies for this mistake.
> Since it has been common practice for multiple
> seasons, however, we will stick to the system as
> is for the remainder of the season and from next
> season on we will then double up the extra points
> in the perf to give them their original value
> back.
>
>
> Also, there is indeed a typo in the rules (for
> sure not the only one), so thanks for pointing
> that out. Overall the rules are quite clustered by
> now, with a section added here, one removed there,
> etc. but we're trying to hold up best possibly.

Ahh got it now, so only race counts then, i.e. 30 (GIL) + 17 (WOR) + 1 (FL). Cheers for the explanation

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy