GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > truecrysis Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > That's the end of the event!
> > > Congratulations to Tobias Kederer of Alpha
> > Motorsports.
> >
> >
> > I'm looking forward to two moan free weeks ;)
>
>
> Who's doing the new race? Can we have it this
> weekend? Oh boy the boost system sucks, GP4 has so
> much RNG it looks like Hearthstone. We need more
> races in the season, especially Monaco and an oval
> race! Also get Maikel to model new cars, these are
> old already. Is the race being run? Are you
> reading this with an annoying guy's voice? Why is
> it always AMR that wins?
>
> (Sorry, I had to ;))

Would enjoy watching the GPGSL equivalent of Yogg, whatever that would be.
Perfs look good, fingers crossed for first points of the season

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Dear God so much boosts(B)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
For anyone asking who is being RD for Suzuka, I'll be taking the task of running Rd 3.

I spotted something that needs replacing for the Suzuka track. There are some Marlboro logos around the track. Not sure if there are any other tobacco signage around the track asides from the ones I saw and the ones in the pitlane.

That's a lot of boosts... Ah well

I have question to the perf builder(s). Look, for the start of the season I had a base perf = 16020,400,16050,400. Then I scored 10th place at Melbourne and gained 6.5 perf pts (for both race and qualy perf values, I assume (?)). But for the R2 my perf values were these: 16226,400,16258,400. Can you explain why it was 16258, not 16256 for the qualy? Now I scored the fastest time at Sepang, and must have been awarded with 15.0 pts added to qualy perf, and 12 to a race one. But now I see above my stats are 16237,400,16273,400. That means I got +11, not +12 to a race one >.<
Perhaps, I just don't quite understand how the perf building works...

The difference you see for after the Melbourne race results from the situation that the Melbourne opener was a feature race. Such is handled close to a normal race, performance wise, meaning that qualifying and race is handled seperately. For the qualifying you got 17 perf points (divided by two makes 8.5 points, rounded down to 8 while the 0.5 points are saved to be added once the accumulation of 0.x points makes another full 1) and for the race 13 points (divided by 2 makes 6.5, rounded down to 6). Hence your perf for the second round was 16226,400,16258,400.

The second round was then a normal FP. Since it would run against the intention of the test series to only boost the qualifying performance, testers also get race points for the FP. But on the other hand we want testers to consider going up to a race seat when one is available. Therefore, testers get full points for the qualifying performance, but somewhat reduced performance points for the race perf on the first two positions (aka, removal of the podium bonus). Now that you mentioned it, however, I realized that there is indeed a mistake in the rules section that explains your confusion. Since we introduced the new points system several seasons back, it's been common practice that for the race perf, the values are 22points/2 (=11) for the winner, 21points/2 (=10.5) for 2nd and then the normal 20/2, 19/2, etc. for the following places. The rules meanwhile state, as you say, 12 points, 11 points, 10 points, etc. Only that 22/2 isn't 12, no matter how you turn it ;)

To sum this up, you got 15 points added to the qualifying perf and 11 points added to the race perf for the FP win in round 2 and that exactly makes the value it is now, with both the 0.5 points for race and qualy still saved from the race round since no further 0.x was added this time. I hope this explains it to you and the rules will be adapted accordingly.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Mullet345 schrieb:
> I spotted something that needs replacing for the
> Suzuka track. There are some Marlboro logos around
> the track. Not sure if there are any other tobacco
> signage around the track asides from the ones I
> saw and the ones in the pitlane.

I would've used the 2011 or 2013 version? No idea why the trackpack features an old one. But as long as there isn't the bug where cars get stuck in the gravel when they spin off in T1 it should be fine.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 08:44PM by kedy89.
Hopefully looking forward to Japan, and praying for a great finish this time... ;)

7th in the standings now, hopefully it stays that all the way for my Top 10 finish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 09:02PM by Bandon23.
Mullet345 Wrote:
> I spotted something that needs replacing for the
> Suzuka track. There are some Marlboro logos around
> the track. Not sure if there are any other tobacco
> signage around the track asides from the ones I
> saw and the ones in the pitlane.

Right... I think only Suzuka!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Looks like I picked a good round to avoid using up a boost.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
PSA! Today is our #1 RD's Cake-Day. Happy Birthday Greg! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Looking for a bit of luck this weekend

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Happy b-day boss

GPGSL Rd 3 Japanese GP – Tester’s Free Practice

Hello and welcome to Suzuka, the venue for Rd 3 of the season. First up for the weekend is the test drivers free practice, so let’s see how they went.

Weather Report

22nd – Joshua Collins

21st – John Maverick

20th – Mal Stoddart

19th – Dan Mills

18th – Jean-Marc Cormier

17th – Giovanna Michail

16th – Maikel de Boer

15th – Eric Moinet

14th – Carlos Rodriguez

13th – Ed Greenhalgh

12th – Rodrigo Vilela

11th – Glen Sheppard

10th – Connor Steer

9th – Sean O’Neill

8th – Erick von Draxeler

7th – Nick Worseling

6th – Greg O’Brien

5th – Charrel Jalving

4th – Dean Kittleson

3rd – Michael Soutsen

2nd – Nathan McGregor

1st – Stuart Ingers

The Final Standings

Congratulations Stuart Ingers and AMR, the winner of the free practice for Rd 3. Does this mean AMR are potentially back? Only time will tell. Be sure to join us again next time when we bring you the qualifying for the race drivers. So until then, it’s goodbye from Suzuka.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Hmm, P3. Good result for me, considering that there was no team boost for us this round :-)
And thank you for your careful explanation, John! Much appreciated (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2017 07:50AM by Soutsen.
Really happy with the balance of the car. Whatever I asked of it during the session, she delivered in spades.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
P5, not bad at all! :-) Looking forward to qualifying, there is more to take from the car

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Is Soutsen the new Question Man?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy