GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL S11: The Preseason is on!
Date: March 23, 2017 10:27AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
There's no reason to be more active right now, let's the technics do their job and we'll be more active later when we'll understand something in the speaking.

Date: March 23, 2017 11:17AM
Posted by: NickJW
This is higher science indeed

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: March 23, 2017 11:44AM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
I don't read chinese... so I stay with driving ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 23, 2017 03:25PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Haha glad to see I'm not alone. This must be how everybody else feels when I'm studying at home. What I do know is that having a trackpack up and ready is a massive improvement and will definitely help a lot when setting up rounds. I prefer the start getting delayed so that as many things as possible are planned ahead.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: March 23, 2017 03:39PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Well... I continue to not understand how driver boost will work on this season! Help me, please! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: March 23, 2017 03:44PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One Racing
>
> #35 - Erick Von Draxeler
> [i.imgur.com]

Did someone noticed that I'm racing with my Fox's teammate's number here? (H)

(for those who didn't get it, check the GPGSL-3 series...)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: March 23, 2017 03:49PM
Marc, John and Erick: PM for you!!!

;););););););););)

Date: March 23, 2017 05:10PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Well... I continue to not understand how driver
> boost will work on this season! Help me, please! ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not settled yet

Date: March 23, 2017 11:55PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Marc, John and Erick: PM for you!!!
>
> ;););););););););)

Replied boss man :-)

Date: March 24, 2017 03:44AM
EricMoinet Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it's not settled yet

Wow, good. I thought I was going crazy or boring!! ;););););)

Date: March 24, 2017 04:05AM
Rod_vs Schreef:
> Marc, John and Erick: PM for you!!!
>
> ;););););););););)

My answer is in the mail boss ! ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: March 24, 2017 04:09AM
ErickVonDraxeler Schreef:
> Mullet345 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > One Racing
> >
> > #35 - Erick Von Draxeler
> > [i.imgur.com]
>
> Did someone noticed that I'm racing with my Fox's
> teammate's number here? (H)
>
> (for those who didn't get it, check the GPGSL-3
> series...)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Erick, I did noticed that, maybe it will bring you a lot of luck this season... and btw when S11 starts in GPGSL-3... if you see me coming in my VTR... just let me pass ;)

Date: March 24, 2017 05:53PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
That's some rocket science going on there. Staying well clear but applauding you guys that are doing it. Without you the series doesn't run!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: March 25, 2017 03:46PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Are the spoilers broken for me only? Any hint maybe on how to get it work? I'm just ready to post some stuff, but it contains lots of pics and I don't really like to pollute your screens with it, since it may be not really useful for the major part of readers.

Date: March 25, 2017 03:50PM
Posted by: kedy89
They show when you open them in a new tab. But yeah, partially broken, like video embedding.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 25, 2017 05:02PM
well, I'll wait for the post №20 on this page and drop my stuff then, so there won't be much need to scroll it down.

meanwhile a quick questions for everyone envolved (both drivers and team bosses): what is your opinion on building perf files? how much impact driver/engine boosts should deliver? were you satisfied with how it worked last season? what is your opinion on the current point system? is it fine, or do you think winning/finishing high should be awarded more? and so on... it's the final stage of pre-season, so share your thoughts on all of that until it's too late :-)

for example what do i think about it - is that competition should be expanded a little bit, so the more experienced drivers should get more advantage over the newer ones. surely i don't want the series return to something like S6-7 when Greenhalgh dominated over everyone else, but the current stage of everyone being pretty much equal is not really entertaining either (at least it seems so for me). my logic is simple - the current kind of equalisation and capping devaluates the winning itself. I can win, he can win, long-term active member can win, newcomer can win - so what's the point then? that's why i volunteer for the changes.

as for point system - in last season we had 11 different drivers winning during the 18 races with the top four drivers at the championship winning only five races combined. i think it shows both how much random the current results are (which is again not really pleases my taste) and how the current point system flaws with rewarding not the winners, but rather the finishers (which is again not really how a racing competition works - the point of the racing was always a winning, not just finishing). anyway, i think that the current f1 point system (with adding a pole position/best lap reward) would work better for the series.

anyway, discuss. i think the governing body would like to see your thoughts to build the regulations for this season around it ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2017 05:03PM by Soutsen.
Date: March 25, 2017 06:16PM
Soutsen Schreef:

> meanwhile a quick questions for everyone envolved
> (both drivers and team bosses):

Q: how much impact driver/engine boosts should deliver?
A: A lot... what's the use for using it if it don't work or made a difference in your results at the end of the race !

Q: were you satisfied with how it worked last season?
A: NO... my driver boosts did not make a difference at all... my race and the result was worse !

Maybe the boosts should be tested if they work, other wise the boost must be set higher than 100.
Every driver has the oportunity to use boost on the circuit of his choice, so we drivers want that the boost we use WORK for that race and not the other way round!
Last year had some races with Team (engine) boost and Drivers boost at the same time, and Qualifying was ... bad very bad almost on last row, how can that be... I don't know.
and the race was a total fiasco... couldn't make some places, thought I should have a good race and make some points in the rankings, but was not from that order.

So, boosts are fine if they work, not everyone has boosts in the same race. And you use boost for gaining on the other teams... is it not ?

Q: what is your opinion on the current point system? is it fine, or do you think winning/finishing high should be awarded more?
A: It's fair... everybody has a chance for the titel this way... now there are only 14 races.

Date: March 25, 2017 07:29PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
You're welcome to discuss this and we agreed to introduce a new boost system that gives the boosts more of a chance to work. However, the consensus was that boost shall not guarantee that all those using boost actually end up in the front.
Furthermore, up until 3 seasons ago, we had a system that favoured mostly long-time front runner drivers and everybody was upset that Ed and AMR were winning in a row. So we introduced changes that mixed up the field greatly and we have since seen many more winners, two different title winners and teams that fought for wins which before stayed at the end of the field over numerous seasons. And in my understanding, this led to overall more satisfaction in the league. There are always those who are for changes and those who are against it, each for their own reasons. But for now, we won't return back to the old days and we won't make boost too strong either.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: March 25, 2017 08:48PM
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> we won't return back to the old days

In my previous post I've said already that I don't want it to return to situation when one driver wins with a huge gap, ending a season with 16210-16240 perf value for the race and stuff like that, like it was with Greenhalgh for seasons 6 and 7. I believe it's not about having a point A with one driver winning every race and the point B when everyone's equal. There is a space between these to adjust, it's not like I'm asking to return from point B to point A. Here's a little pic to illustrate it maybe :-):

Anyway, it seems like I'm the only one who concerned about furthering the gap between the participants, so there's no reason for you to take my suggestions into account. And as for the member of the newer team and being a rookie newcomer for me it's even more useful to keep the current balance, I guess. Useful, but not really satisfying sadly :(

Date: March 25, 2017 08:49PM
Meanwhile, the rocket science continues:
With having no boosts for R1 at Melbourne it's easy for everyone to understand what results may be for the race with simulating it (every one of us can do this on our PCs). While doing it with the current starting perf file I found out that the results are absolutely random, I mean there was no correlation with anything whatsoever. I had AMR drivers starting from 20 and 22, I had members of four new teams occupying a podium, and stuff like that (again you can run a race, preferably a live one, not accelerated, just to see it with your own eyes). I'll go too far with this to say that with the current starting perf we can simulate the race with throwing a dice, or using a random numbers generator, so you'll have the same result without even launching the game. Everyone have pretty much the same chances to win and to finish last as well. Meanwhile the round 1 is an essential point for building a season further ahead, becase it's the single round when teams and drivers can't affect results in any way, having the boosting prohibited for this race. Now, my suggestion is to modify both engine BHP and driver perf values for this round only with doubling them. By doubling I mean this: AMR, MPR engine BHP transforming from 783,803 to 786,806. One, Demon, Mac, Snake from 782,802 to 784,804. SCR from 781,801 to 782,802. And 4 new teams left with the current 780,800. For the drivers it is Elleker,16060,16090 transforming to 16120, 16180, and so on with Spangenberg having the lowest value for the race from 16024,16054 to 16048,16108. I've simulated 6 live (non-accelerated) qualies (6 consecutive cars on track and 2 attempts for everyone) and races in Melbourne with the pefs like that and that's the results I had:

Test 0
For this test I had only engines doubled with the drivers perfs staying the same as it is posted on page 1. That's why I call this "Test 0".
Left picture is results for qualy, right picture is for the race (cars with the max BHP highlighed in red, and cars with the lowest BHP highlighted in blue):
_______
Quick summary - AMR taking the front row with their both cars may look too much already, but the MPR cars with the same power qualified only 12 and 15, so I'd say this is fine. In the race both AMR started poorly dropping to 3 and 6 and later on were pushed off the track during the overtaking maneuvers, which resulted in Hinz finishing only 12th, and Elleker retired with the crashed car. It was a chaotic race with lots of cars colliding at turns 1, 3, 9 and 13. Anyway, all of this not really representative much, since for this test driver perfs stayed untouched.

Test 1
First actual test with the engines and drivers perfs modified (doubled) as was explained before:
_______
Quick summary - Qualy results can't be really taken as representative since the session started under rain (which was surprisingly heavy for 19% rain chance), so Paulo Silva was the only one who was able to set a lap, while the rest who came out behind him went into the pits for the wet tyres. That explains why he has 4+ seconds lead over the 2nd driver. During the race he was obviously pushed off the track by someone, which damaged his car and forced an additional pit-stop for him. Lots of collisions during the overtakes again, that's why Jalving finished 13th starting from 5th, and Rodriguez finished 5th starting from 18th. A best lap goes to Spangenberg, which is worth to mention, as he is a driver with the lowest perf value on the grid.

Test 2
For this test I have the qualy results only. The game just freezed after the race finish, and I forgot to enable the text logging in GPxPatch:

Quick summary - this may be the most damaging test session to my initial intention. I mean 7 of the 8 new team drivers being placed last 8 on the grid with only Cremasco showing a relatively good result (8th) is not what I wanted to achieve at all. But I still show this screen even if makes my idea to look shaky. AMR/MRP drivers didn't qualified too well though (5, 10, 11, 14), which kind of compensates the frustration of seeing new teams qualified that bad. I mean if I'd see either AMR or MPR taking first row like it was during the Test 0, I'd already throw my idea of doubling the perfs/BHPs for the R1 away.

Test 3
_______
Quick summary - only 0.5 gap between the first and last on the grid despite the "doubled" gap between the best/worst engine and best/worst driver still looks too low in one sense. Yet I've seen such low gaps in DTM, so I guess it's fine for realism. Scala 2nd, Silva 5th, Sanvitale 8th - not that bad for the new teams who looked doomed after the Test 2. AMRs/MPRs qualified 6,7,9 and 17 and it looks like they still have no significant advantage over everyone else. For the race I can say that it was the most "calm" race I had during the tests. Not many driver mistakes, not many collisions during overtakes, except Keranen (who set a best lap) spinned at the 11/12 complex while leading comfortly 2 laps before the finish. He got crashed by McClure and they both went to additional pit (that's why they both were lapped in the end).

Test 4
_______
Quick summary - The first pole for the new teams during my tests! McClure went last on track during the qualy and set a fastest time. Top two teams qualified in the first eleven for the first time during my tests. Nell crashed with his teammate at the 11/12 complex during his 1st attempt, no idea what happened to Worseling though (missed that completely). I can't say anything really about the race cus I was listening podcasts more than looking at the screen (so I don't even know who set a fastest lap), but the 3 new cars finishing 2-4th looks promising :)

Test 5
_______
Quick summary - 0,1 gap between the first 9 :-O Silva, Cremasco, Scala at the 1st half of the field during the qualy. Fastest lap for the race goes to Gilson. Wasn't paying attention to the screen again, so nothing else to add.

Test 6
Because of losing race results for Test 2 I decieded to run one more test:
_______
Quick summary - remarkable low 14, 15, 18 for Hinz, Rodriguez and Jalving at qualy. And sensational 5th from 21 for Gilson (and a best lap) during yet another calm race, with not many cars colliding during the pass attempts.

OVERALL SUMMARY
Because of the importance of the first round, I strongly recommend to use this formula for the 1st race to avoid results being too random (as you can see from the screenshots doing this doesn't automatically mean that AMR/MPR will 100% win a race, in fact new teams still have good chances to finish close to the winner (test 4) and even win a race with a bit of luck). The game itself offers lots of randomness affecting the results (such as rain, messy overtakes, driver errors, traffic during the qualy, traffic during the pits and anyway 500 variance as the basic value still gives everyone big chances to win). You should went back to the original starting perf while calculating the results though, I mean to add/substract points to the original perfs posted in page 1, not to the doubled ones used for the Melbourne race. I really like how the overall perf progression system works, tho the cap may be upped a little (+20 points to the driver cap and +5 to the engines maybe). The driver boost values between 200-300 (depends on if you like boosts playing a bigger or smaller impact) should be ok, just like Connor said 500 is way too much, and 100 is way too low for the current variance. It's up to you to implement this or to leave it out. These are my final 2 cents tho :-)

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2017 11:49PM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy