GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL S11: The Preseason is on!
Date: March 05, 2017 11:41PM
Posted by: danm
Kanye Mills says I think your comeback is great; but Dan already had one of the greatest Massa comebacks in the GPGSL 'yo!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 06, 2017 12:11AM
Posted by: GPGSL
Some edits in Post 1

Dear participants, you may notice a big red paragraph 16 c) in the rules section. This is highlighted red because we edited some parts of it and added a section into it as well. The latter deals with an issue called preseason adjustment for the starter perfs that levels the starter perfs for the participants so that long-term drivers don't pull away hopelessly with their starter perfs. Therefore the driver with the highest driver cannot exceed starter perf values of 16065 and 16095 and the perfs of the following drivers are adjusted with the same factor values (see section 16 c) in the rules for further information. This procedure has been common practice for several seasons, but somehow slipped rule introduction in all this time. Therefore we now caught up with the official rule implementation.
Alongside this, the rule that no driver can have a starter perf more than 10 points higher than the next driver was ejected because in practice, it is never going to happen anyway, unless the whole midfield drivers drop out at once. And even in this case, the preseason adjustment has an adjusting effect anyway.

Alongside this implementation, the existing part of the section was thinned out a bit to prevent the section from going all bloated.

Date: March 06, 2017 03:51AM
Posted by: shep34
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kanye Mills says I think your comeback is great;
> but Dan already had one of the greatest Massa
> comebacks in the GPGSL 'yo!

So did you want the name on your car to read Kanye, or Mills? ;)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: March 06, 2017 12:01PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
danm Wrote:
> Kanye Mills says I think your comeback is great;
> but Dan already had one of the greatest Massa
> comebacks in the GPGSL 'yo!

I thought you were supposed to be True North, not True West...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 06, 2017 01:13PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
MTP finish their lineup!

MTP CEO John Maverick invited some journalists to the factory today to announce the final addition to their lineup!

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for joining us today at our factory on such short notice but the season start is coming closer and we didn't want to waste time with this announcement. On top of this things really went quickly from first contact to signing a contract with a very talented newcomer of the GPGSL, so we as well were surprised how well things turned out in the end.
As you know, we already had a full lineup two times in this preseason, but both times it didn't work out as planned. First we signed super-talent Vimal Ana to MTP as the main test driver, but due to a shortage of good drivers agreed to loan him to fellow newcomer team Alpha Motorsports for a race seat. As a compensation we signed another driver with race experience, Alessandro Sanvitale, in which we put strong hopes to develop further. Unfortunately, Ana decided to drop out ingloriously and to compensate his loss for Alpha Motorsports, we agreed to loan Sanvitale to him instead. Now, this again left us with a free test driver spot to fill.

Then, yesterday, I was watching TV while scanning some documents in my office and suddenly there was this British race driver offering his services because of a halt in negotiations with another team. We had him on the radar for a while, mostly because of his talent, but we thought he was already contracted, and now it appeared he was not. I didn't hesitate, called the number of his manager and this morning we had a deal. If only all negotiations went this smoothly! ;-)

We're really happy that we could sign said driver for the team. Although he is a newcomer and will certainly need a bit of time to get used to the GPGSL cars, we think he will have a great future in the GPGSL if he stays active and constantly works on his talent. And we're proud that MTP is going to be the team for him to start his hopefully flourishing career. So, without further ado, MTP is glad to announce British race driver Michael Soutsen
as the team's hopefully final addition of the season. Michael, welcome to the team and the stage is yours if you want to say a few words."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: March 06, 2017 03:18PM
Posted by: Soutsen

Back On Truck.

As we promised yesterday, we are bringing you some update with the news about British race driver Michael Soutsen, who today has been officially introduced as the test driver at the Grand Prix Games Super League championship. We asked Michael to express his thoughts about it:

Well, that's quite a story! Yesterday in the evening I was kind of resting, you know, drinking Martini and stuff, waiting for a phone call from Dan Paddock maybe. And indeed I got a phone call, but it was a strange one. My first impression was that the person on the phone is asking me to drive for his truck series team or something. I was wondering if he just dialed the wrong number, but the man kept asking me to drive his goddamn truck over and over, describing how good its performance is. I had maybe too much Martini for such talks and my head was getting a bit blurry, so I just hung up the phone and went to check the e-mails until I go to sleep. And funny enough I discovered that there was a mail from GPGSL legend John Maverick, where he offered me a #1 test driver seat at his "Maverick Track Perfomance" racing organization! I'd be a fool for losing such an opportunity to work hand in hand with one of the greatest drivers in the series, testing for his vehicles, making them better, and learning stuff from all his experience. So here I am, facing a daylight as a proud member of John Maverick's crew for fist time today, and I can't wait for a season to start, to start my own duties as the test driver. The moral of the story though: never use the phone to discuss the contract negotiations, at least while you contracting me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2017 05:38PM by Soutsen.
Date: March 06, 2017 03:30PM
Posted by: TheVSATrooper
Incident 2k9 Scritto:
> 'sup guys,
>
> So uh, yeah, I just wanna say that I'm considering
> doing a Massa-style "comeback" for the new season.
>
>
> That said, I still maintain I need a break, so I'm
> gonna throw "just before round 8" as a possible
> date for that. If anyone's struggling with
> activity checks at that point, I'll happily drop
> in and help out as and when it's required. Keep me
> in mind if you're in a spot of bother ;)

Even with Barcelona on the calendar? ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
Date: March 06, 2017 06:33PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
TheVSATrooper Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 'sup guys,
> >
> > So uh, yeah, I just wanna say that I'm
> considering
> > doing a Massa-style "comeback" for the new
> season.
> >
> >
> > That said, I still maintain I need a break, so
> I'm
> > gonna throw "just before round 8" as a possible
> > date for that. If anyone's struggling with
> > activity checks at that point, I'll happily
> drop
> > in and help out as and when it's required. Keep
> me
> > in mind if you're in a spot of bother ;)
>
> Even with Barcelona on the calendar? ;-)

Why'd you think I'm skipping the first half? ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 06, 2017 09:44PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Welcome to the series Michael :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: March 06, 2017 10:45PM
The Race Director's version of the race mod is now complete and available to download.

GPGSL-S11-2017_RD-Race.cuh

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: March 06, 2017 11:03PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks Stu.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 07, 2017 12:59AM
Posted by: senna9194
Welcome aboard Michael! :-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: March 07, 2017 01:21AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Mod looks pretty good. Though I have seen a few issues. In cockpit view, you can see parts of the car livery template. And Snake Motorsports tyres are missing the treads. Asides from those 2 issues, everything else in the mod is all good.

Date: March 07, 2017 07:07AM
As this is the RD version of the mod, I felt I could overlook the cockpit problem as it's not used in race coverage. It will be resolved for the full version though. The Snake tread problem was an oversight on my part and can be easily fixed, thanks for pointing it out :-)

A quick fix for the treads would be to edit the performance files, so that the Bridgestone tread is used instead.

Date: March 07, 2017 10:18AM
Mullet345 Schreef:
> Mod looks pretty good. Though I have seen a few
> issues. In cockpit view, you can see parts of the
> car livery template.

This is because the template of the new shape is a tad different than the old one, so the cockpit shape should be remapped.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 07, 2017 11:11AM
Posted by: kedy89
Couple of driver names misspelled in the gpaedia and globalvars. Also wrong filename (it's at.ico) for the Austrian flag in the CSM menu track selection. Can do a bunch of loadingscreens if you're fine with this format [i.imgur.com]? Would replace the GP4 bit with GPGSL.

Also got to fix my helmet, bunch of red stuff showing that shouldn't be there according to wireframe and zmodeler :/

Turbo Lover schrieb:
> Mullet345 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mod looks pretty good. Though I have seen a few
> > issues. In cockpit view, you can see parts of
> the
> > car livery template.
>
>
>
> This is because the template of the new shape is a
> tad different than the old one, so the cockpit
> shape should be remapped.

Might prove difficult, since the cockpit uses the same texture as the car itself. Either it'll fit for high nose, or lose nose, or old zmd02.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 11:17AM by kedy89.
Date: March 07, 2017 11:25AM
That's right. We can also use the generic cockpit shap used in the nations cup.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 07, 2017 11:35AM
Posted by: kedy89
Turbo Lover schrieb:
> That's right. We can also use the generic cockpit
> shap used in the nations cup.

Or have a now one based on the ZG02B model. Have an own template for it, the only thing people would have to redo is the small side-nose part, the rest should be the same as the regular car template.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 07, 2017 02:12PM
Posted by: Mullet345
GPGSL Season 11 Race Driver Lineup

Here are the 22 drivers who will be contesting for the Season 11 GPGSL Drivers and Constructors Championships:

Demon Racing

#1 Sebastian Nell

#2 Daniel Thomas

AMR

#3 Jack Elleker

#4 Christopher Hinz

MPR

#5 Charrel Jalving

#6 Carlos Rodriguez

One Racing

#7 Marcus De Bruyker

#8 John Warrington

MAC Racing

#9 Michael Pedersen

#10 Chris Copeman

Snake Motorsports

#11 Aidan Keranen

#12 Douglas Spangenberg

SCR

#14 Joseph Gilson

#15 Nick Worseling

MTP

#16 Matteo Scala

#17 Milos Ancevski

Alpha Motorsports

#18 Tobias Kederer

#19 Alessandro Sanvitale

Ecuire Mistral

#20 Paulo Silva

#21 Daly McClure

Tyrant Motorsports

#22 Chris Warrington

#23 Nata Cremasco

Date: March 07, 2017 02:17PM
A lot of Dunlop tyres this season.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy