Posted by Lo2k 
Re: GP4 Builder 2017
Date: January 07, 2017 09:02AM
Posted by: landex
Big Thanks, Laurent!(H)
Date: January 11, 2017 07:21PM
Posted by: konradkid
Great work, Laurent!!! Many thanks!!!!!!!!(H);-)
Date: January 13, 2017 10:58PM
Posted by: drt01
It's seems that the function "Duplicate Along Track" doesn't work correctly.
The duplicated objects sometimes are placed not along the track but everywhere without a rule:(

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 11:00PM by drt01.
Date: January 14, 2017 12:15PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Indeed, I don't remind I worked on this feature since years but something in computation has changed.
Hopefully, you can use GP4Builder 2015 for this specific feature (I will check my code for 2017 version but I can't promise any update).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 07:07PM by Lo2k.
Date: January 14, 2017 06:55PM
Posted by: auscain
This is fantastic news:-) Thank you very much for your time and efforts Lo2k;)

I did take a quick look at the GP4 Builder2017 last week. I took the time to read through the change log new items and impressive!
In a few weeks I will have time to start using again and I can hardly wait.

drt01
It's seems that the function "Duplicate Along Track" doesn't work correctly.
The duplicated objects sometimes are placed not along the track but everywhere without a rule:(
It actually works in a straight line... not calculating properly around corners at the moment? It was one of the things in my last list but I didn't send it. Sorry about that:-)
Date: January 22, 2017 12:47AM
Posted by: Enzojz
Thank you Laurent for your long time contribution.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: January 22, 2017 02:26PM
@Auscain : Thanks and don't worry for the missed report. My todo list was already (and still) hundred lines long

@Enzojz : Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated from a true representant of this GP4 era we travelled through :)

Date: January 23, 2017 04:13PM
Posted by: konradkid
Enzojz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Laurent for your long time contribution.

Laurent! I love GP4 and I thank you for all great work about this game!!!! In 2002, when the game was released, it was impossible to create new tracks, cars, etc.
You made many many things (GP4 Builder, etc) that allows other people to perfect and to "modding" original game. That's fantastic!!! I love this!!!!

A big thank you for your passion and your competence!!!!!
Date: January 23, 2017 05:13PM
@Konradkid : Thanks for your kind words :)

Date: January 27, 2017 08:20AM
Posted by: davegp4
The king has returned(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: January 28, 2017 12:58AM
Posted by: schroeder
Thank you so much Laurent.
Ja, it´s been many years now and you are still giving to the community the greatest tools ever!

Thank you a lot !

matt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2017 12:59AM by schroeder.
Date: February 11, 2017 06:35AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Hi Laurent, do you know why in the last couple of versions of GP4B some white objects appear in a different colour?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 11, 2017 10:17AM
Posted by: vesuvius
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Laurent, do you know why in the last couple of
> versions of GP4B some white objects appear in a
> different colour?
>
> [s28.postimg.org]
> 00.jpg

It was asked and answered on page 1 :)
Date: February 11, 2017 04:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Whoops! Thanks Vesa!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 13, 2017 12:05AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Laurent, a quick question or two, thanks for all your hard work! :-)
I'm trying to modify a pitlane sector 0 of a track where they don't pit correctly in the wet. Unfortunately the increments with the mouse don't seem to go small enough for me to make the fine adjustments necessary, ie, I move the mouse a tiny bit, but the sector moves too much for me to perfectly align it. Is it possible to modify this in some way? I'm zooming in, but the object stops being visible with a few mouse wheel clicks. I don't recall having this issue in older builds.

Also, whilst I'm here, moving objects with lots of faces/ vertices seems very slow in 2015 and 2017. I'm working on a track, and there are a few items with 2000+ vertices I tried to mouse to a spot 4-500m away. It took an extremely long time, only moving a couple of metres each click and drag. I loaded up 1.841 and it was much much faster. Anything I'm doing wrong? :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 13, 2017 12:40AM
@salvasirignano
Sure :
1) If you check "Force 16 feet distance" in the contextual window, pitlane 0 will automatically perfectly snap in position and direction to the track sector with "connect pit lane start sector". If it is already checked, try to uncheck and recheck it.
2) Try disable snapping (using dedicated icon or setting snap distance to 0 or both) snapping computation are a bit intensive and could become very heavy when moved object have hundred or thousands vertice

Date: February 13, 2017 01:22AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! :)
I'll try 2) when I get back into working on my track.
I noticed that snapping feature in suggestion 1), it works without problems. The pitlane is Jerez, it follows the inside of a left hand hairpin, so is very tight! The AI abruptly swerve into the pits, but lose control in the wet and spin, overshooting the entrance and retiring. I was hoping to move sector 0 laterally towards the centre of the track, and the following sectors more gradually, to make it a more gentle entrance. Would this be possible?

Also, is there a way to change the mouse increment sensitivity when moving/rotating an object? I'm finding it difficult to perform fine adjustments, I zoom in, click, move my mouse a nanometre on my desk, but the object moves too far, when I wanted it at some increment in-between ;)
Thanks again Laurent! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 01:29AM by salvasirignano.
Date: February 13, 2017 11:06AM
Hmm, I don't really get why you have such a mouse issue.
I just did a test and one pixel mouse move gives a displacement between 5mm to 5cm of the sector (depending on view position)
What you can try though is to zoom as close as you can and rotate your view by 90° (looking at your sector from "side" or any other angle).
I don't remind the exact code I used but displacement factor is camera position dependant.

Concerning your entry, if CC cars miss the entry, then you surely need to set the track pit entry flag a few sectors before its actual position (and then move and add pitlane sectors accordingly).
I had this kind of issue on another dev track and it eventualy turns out at the right solution.

Date: February 13, 2017 09:18PM
Posted by: TomMK
@salvasirignano - You can make the AI move towards the pitlane earlier using the Magic Data value 67 ("desc67= sectors to pit in begin";). Send me the .dat file if you like, I'll try to help fix it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 14, 2017 01:02AM
Thanks for the replies guys! :)

I'll have a test and see if I can resolve the pit issue, they get into the pitlane okay, but then seem to have the 'finger of God' push them into losing control, like they do before making mistakes on track.
Thanks for your offer Tom, I might just take you up on it!

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy