Trouble with Grand Prix 4 for windows 10.... need help?.

Posted by Markjb42 
Trouble with Grand Prix 4 for windows 10.... need help?.
Date: September 26, 2016 09:21PM
Posted by: Markjb42
Hello Everyone complete newbee here,

Really need some help well a lot really I recently bought Grand Prix 4 as a work friend recommended it to me, put the disc in installed it in the relevant files everything all going ok till it got to 97% the it came up with this error in a window: Component transfer error
Component: Uncom sound
File group: Sound
File: D:\sound\PC\tk3.st1
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

When I click on the ok button the green line turns black and the disappears. Go to my desktop screen click on the gp4 icon click ok to run it in the auto run window and nothing happens, go back into the file in my documents try auto run from there same thing nothing appears. Tried a trouble shooting it and got this message:

GP4.exe - System Error

The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So the web I go to find this file found it downloaded it put it in the file for the game replaced the one that was all ready in there and still nothing?????.

Sorry if this seems long winded I'm not very good with computers when it comes to error messages hence why I haven't got a clue what to do next is it because I'm running windows 10 but I have Race 07 on my PC and that runs fine but I did get that from my Steam account????.

If anyone can help me I would be most happy as I really want to play this game.

Regards

Mark.

Oh my operating system is: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, GPU: GeForce GTX 960, CPU: Intel(R)Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.94 GB usable)
Re: Trouble with Grand Prix 4 for windows 10.... need help?.
Date: September 26, 2016 10:34PM
Posted by: gap177
Hi Mark, welcome. A great place for you to start is by reading the GP4 FAQ for new users. The answer to your specific question is covered there as well as many other known issues. This game runs perfect on Windows 10.

Glenn (Cdn)
Hello Glenn,

Thank you for the welcome... Right found the answer to my first question where you said to look thank you very much but got another one now??, when I go to play it it says I don't have Direct x 8.1 installed so I install it restart the computer and it still says I need to have Direct x 8.1 installed each time I click on the play button ??, checked my system and I'm running Direct x 12 can I change it manually on my system? Can't see a help on the GP4 FAQ page about this.

Regards

Mark
Date: September 27, 2016 01:17AM
Posted by: gap177
Mark, try searching this forum. I'm pretty sure that issue is here on the forum. I recall someone had the same issue.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: September 28, 2016 11:02PM
Posted by: vicnsi
Markjb42 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
each time I click on the play button ??,

Hi Mark,

The fact you are clicking on the "play button" suggests to me are you trying to run the game from the installation CD welcome screen? Forget it!

My advise would be: to follow the most highly recommended & dependable procedure & instructions for doing a fresh GP4 install, and then ONLY run the game from your shortcut to GPxPatch (which gets created after you install GPxPatch by SDI, his latest version is GPxPatch 4.44)

GPxPatch is a must-have!!! - GP4 is not even worth playing without this particular add-on, in my opinion!

Recommended Procedure:
Install GP4 from your CD or ISO
Install the Official v9.6 patch
Replace GP4.exe with the Decrypted No-CD GP4.exe
Run the game and configure graphics / sound, then exit
Install GPxPatch by SDI Utilities
Run the game again

IMPORTANT! It is recommended to install (or extract) GP4 to your Home directory, not the default Program Files directory.

IMPORTANT! The first time you play GP4, you will be prompted to configure the graphics and sound. After this is completed, you should exit the game, and then restart it.

Afterwards, also be sure to check out this post by XenonS: Solutions for the most common GP4 game and CSM problems

another helpful post : You cannot play GP4 straight away after installing it on Win 7 or higher...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 09:24AM by vicnsi.
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 05:40AM by jawwad01.
@jawad01
Please do not hijack another users problem thread.
You must create your own topic with the header GP4/gpx Error Log. That way the forum members here will see your post as specific to your problem, and not buried within another users thread.
Create a new thread please.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 05:39AM by jawwad01.
2GB RAM? I think it's not enough for windows 10, is it? And idem for GP4 (in standard or modified by a mod? you did not report) under this system.
Said install, which is quite different from performing satisfactorily. The minimum hardware requirement for installing windows 10 is here:

[www.microsoft.com]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy