Latest news

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: Latest news
Date: September 13, 2016 02:18AM
Posted by: vicnsi
Very Happy for you Laurent (I am retired now from all the stress of full time Sys Admin work :-) ) But I know you will enjoy it. Have fun.

Thank you for all your tools & utilities without which I definitely would have given up playing GP4 many many years ago, but my passion for the game is still alive and well as much as ever,
Thanks to GP4 Builder; TeamEditor; GPI Browser; WadUpdater; & TexResizer. I would not have a 2016-Mod today if it wasn't for all of these wonderful tools, all of which I am still using even today.

I cannot say enough about GP4 Builder! hot ; it is the most beautiful software I have ever used (well, only ZModeler by Oleg Melashenko can even compare to it! which I also love)
I absolutely love and enjoy to admire the gp4 cars using this both of these tools!!!

Thank you so much. And the very best wishes and good luck with your new life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Date: September 13, 2016 02:26AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
All I can do is just reiterate what everyone has said here and in the past; thank you so very much for all you have done Laurent.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 13, 2016 06:31PM
Posted by: xandy
<lurk mode off>
yeah - GP4Builder
for sure there were many month with GP4Builder the most used program on my trusted - now long dead - windows desktop rig
fun time spent playing GP4 vs fun time spent tinkering around with GP4Builder - overall that's a close call in my case

so what can I say?
dear Lo2k - thank you for your tools, for great tracks, for... and a very big thanks for your open and always helpful attitude concerning questions by us mere mortals

all the best
xandy
<lurk mode on>
Date: September 13, 2016 08:16PM
Posted by: maxi82
Thanks for all!!!

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 13, 2016 11:02PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Oh no! I was just wondering a few days ago that SDI isn't very much active anymore these days and now the other great master of GP4 editing and GP4 developing says he wants to retire completely! Oh no! Really? You serious? I wish it was April fool's day today, but unfortunately it isn't. :-O(N):((N)
Date: September 21, 2016 03:53PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Thanks Truecrysis (sorry for the delay, I didn't see you reply sooner)

Date: September 21, 2016 05:30PM
Posted by: soulbringer
Horrible news really.
But I can fully understand your decision.
Thank you so much for all work you've put in and all wonderful tools we modders could not live without.
Best wishes for the future, and I hope you'll stop by from time to time.
Date: September 21, 2016 05:57PM
Posted by: kedy89
Wish you all the best for whatever comes next :)

You're certainly one of the cornerstones of GP4 modding (along with SDI, madman, Zaz, and many others), without the tools you developped GP4 never would've survived as long as it did.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: September 21, 2016 07:10PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
So we will never see a Wadupdater 5.0 or a TeamEditor 4.0. :((N)
Date: September 21, 2016 07:56PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
I've taken some time to write in this thread.
At first, I was very sad.
It is a sign, that our dear GP4 is coming to an end ...
I was GP4-Argentina manager for several years, and saw the end of the GP4 there.
Very distressed, I can only say, thank Laurent, thank you very much !!!
The best of luck in what you start.
I hope to read you in this forum, or one that has been supporting the GP4.

Lo2K THANKS !!!!

PS: If you change your mind, a small group will continue to make mods, tracks and enjoying the GP4

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: September 21, 2016 10:17PM
Posted by: n00binio
Meteoro405 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've taken some time to write in this thread.
> At first, I was very sad.
> It is a sign, that our dear GP4 is coming to an
> end ...

Blasphemy! ;-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: September 22, 2016 08:59PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Laurent,

Family life does come at a cost, however all the work you've done and the RealGPX team, is to say top quality stuff, it is sad to see you leave. My Congratulations on the other hand for helping Geoff Crammond's game last as long as a Playstation console.

All the very best for the future
Date: September 24, 2016 04:25AM
Posted by: rookie26
Dear God, HELP US.

I just read the really bad News. I hoped this Day will never come but most unfortunately it came.

This Message broke my Heart.

Of course I wish ALL THE BEST FOR YOU, YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR FAMILY and I hope you will have a great, healthy, successful and happy Life (even without GP4).

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your astonishing Contributions to this Game over the Years. You were one of the Milestones why this Game was still alive for so many Years.

And yes, seem like the End of GP4 is near except some new Modders are willing to continue the Legacy of Geoff Crammond. And let's be honest, GP4 is still the best F1 Simulation in the World.

Again THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING Laurent.

You will be painfully missed.
Date: September 25, 2016 11:23PM
Thanks again to everyone posting here. All your message are really so kind.

@TGF1DRIVER : "So we will never see a Wadupdater 5.0 or a TeamEditor 4.0" Well, there are unreleased versions of both of them that I might release at the very end. BTW they are just minor updates, no new feature here.

@Meteoro405 : I was always amazed by the variety of mods you provided for the community and I'm glad my tools helped a bit to achieve your mod visions :) BTW thanks for the invitation :)

@rookie26 : Sorry for the heartbraking news... I started all of this in 2002. We are 14 years later. Time flies... GP4 will still stay in my heart anyway for all this time shared with all of you.

Date: September 26, 2016 12:17PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Ciao Laurent..... Merci por tout... That's the only thing i can say to you.... It was a pleasure share with you gp4 in last years.. I remember like yesterday the first track editing attempts made by you with Shutt1e, the first Hockheneim modified layout and so on... I ever consider you as the Master og gp4 code editing with Madman. I wish you all the best for your life =) We'll keep in touch on Facebook ;)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: September 27, 2016 01:32PM
Posted by: jimbob1
A little birdie told me of this news Laurent.

without you i don't think there would have been a grand prix 4 community without the tools made by you & others to mod it. tracks and cars.....this huge part of the modding scene would not have gotten of the ground but only for you.
you've earned your rest & i believe your name will be forever be tied in with grand prix 4 & i wish you a long happy life with much more to come. regards....jim
Date: October 05, 2016 06:58PM
Posted by: XenonS
Hello Lo2k,
as a newer site user, at least I'm still in time to congratulate you for your nice GP4 tools. Without them my pleasure of GP4 would be so much lower...
I am a space games fan too and I understand your joy for No Man's Sky, althouigh there was a lot of hype going on for that game and I urge you not to have too much expectations about the features...You may be deceived, this game is not for everyone's taste. Also take a look here:
[nomansskymods.com]

With your modding abilities, maybe you can make it true to play that game on low systems, maybe in simple CGA/VGA grafics without the need of this stupid OpenGL 4.5 ???!!!! ;)
I guess if you can do that, then the file size of the game will shrink to about 20.000 kb only...to be played with DOSBox...

I wish you well on your journey and maybe we meet on some space game forums!

Greetings,
XenonS

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2016 07:10PM by XenonS.
Date: October 09, 2016 09:12PM
Thanks a lot Samuele and Jim. You sure were already there since the very first days when I started this foolish aventure, trying to bring some editing tools for GP4. It seems it was yesterday and a century ago at the same time and I can't really think about GP4 community without some names and you surely are part of them. This GP4 community will sure stay in my heat (and probably my heart) for quite a long time.
Thanks to everyone who shared this aventure with me.

@XenonS : Thanks for your kind word. Glad to see newcomers on GPGames :)
For NMS, I was fully aware of what I was buying and my expectation were not distorded : I just wanted the thrill to discover weird planets and be amazed a bit and I wasn't disapointed during the 100 hours I played it already :)
Have a nice time on GPGames

Date: October 16, 2016 08:52AM
I got some news from Duffer and i can now say that RealGPx will definitely shut down on november the first 2016.
I will try to transfer all the downloads on GPG before that date.

Date: October 16, 2016 12:32PM
Posted by: quickslick
it makes me really sad, that it's definately the final end of realgpx and that you great guys are leaving, even if i absolutely understand your reasons. I want to thank you Laurent and Alex for all the years for developing fantastic tools and supporting the GP4 community with a wide range of knowledge.

Thank you guys for a real nice time!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy