Re: [Track WIP] Baku Street 2016 (ToJepo)
Date: January 12, 2018 10:13PM
Posted by: tojepo
thank you all for your interest.

@ Atticus

For the elevations, I made them all from this site (geocontext.org), which I think is more precise and more practical than using the elevation curve of the Formula 1 site.
>> But some things can change if needed ...

And thanks mate for your point of view.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]
Date: January 13, 2018 02:10AM
Posted by: Atticus.
tojepo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thank you all for your interest.
>
> @ Atticus
>
> For the elevations, I made them all from this site
> (geocontext.org), which I think is more precise
> and more practical than using the elevation curve
> of the Formula 1 site.
> >> But some things can change if needed ...
>
> And thanks mate for your point of view.
>
> [s18.postimg.org]

Hm, looks decent.

Still, if you feel like something is amiss, I think it's best to go experimenting - these measurements can be off a bit as well, either the F1 one or this one.

For example, I've had a Google Earth elevation map for Laguna Seca that looked sound at first glance, but then turned out to be inaccurate at a number of places. (While being spot on for Road Atlanta a few months ago.)

What I usually do at times like these is check if all leading edges of the tarmac and the fences are spot on from the track camera of the corner in question; just comparing it with the real thing. You'd be looking for parallel lines at all places.

But don't get me wrong, the track looks beautiful - like possibly the best track from scratch since F1virtual's works. :-)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: January 22, 2018 02:22AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Is the latest updated version of Baku posted anywhere? Great work! I believe that youtube video reflects some graphic updates mine version doesn't have (but I may be wrong).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy