Baku

Posted by RHill 
Baku
Date: June 18, 2016 10:20PM
Posted by: RHill
Is anyone aware of a Baku track, that someone has released or is working on?
Re: Baku
Date: June 18, 2016 11:15PM
Posted by: Foreverk
No, or at least nobody said there´s any WIP of Baku, so maybe there´s a WIP but for sure nothing released by now.
Date: June 20, 2016 12:34AM
Posted by: auscain
It is entirely possible. I find the circuit very interesting. I see that other games do have a WIP.
I don't have the track heights at the moment. Another effort will complete that information.
The buildings are incredibly interesting: however, I simply do not have the time at the moment to build the objects. I probably would not bother to go further unless somebody else is going to take over and finish the 3D Objects and textures.

Date: June 20, 2016 10:41AM
Posted by: Lacrowe
The Baku circuit is currently being studied for the rFactor version and for GTR2 version.
Personally, from the point of view of the real race, I found it boring because it is suitable for children playing at the ps4.
Date: June 20, 2016 11:44AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
I think, Baku showed it is a good track - maybe the best new track in Formula 1 for some centurys. Of course yesterday's race was quite boring, but that wasn't the track's fault. The current tyre reglement penalizes the drivers for pushing hard. And with the best drivers in the world driving ~2 seconds less their limit you won't see any mistakes of course. While there are uncountably much errors in the trainings and qualifyings, wee see no crashes/collisions/mistakes in the races at all nowadays. That's the real problem.

So, of course it would be great to have this track for GP4!

@ auscain:
Did you know GoogleEarth's height-feature? With that feature, it's so easy to get the heights nearly all over the world. The most important climb in Baku of course is the one at the tower. German telecast reporter Heiko Wasser told in TV the climb there would be 12%.
Date: June 20, 2016 01:04PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
It's the dullest track in F1 history. I'm unsure if any modder will even waste their time with it.
Date: June 20, 2016 01:07PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
klausfeldmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>The current tyre reglement penalizes the drivers for pushing hard.
> And with the best drivers in the world driving ~2
> seconds less their limit you won't see any
> mistakes of course.

I actually don't think it was the tyres fault here either, but rather the engine difference.
Mercedes engines were just far too powerful.

When it was Renault engine v. Ferrari engine, there were good battles.

I think they also need to remove part of the DRS zone.

The track itself is probably the best new track we've had since Istanbul.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: June 20, 2016 02:27PM
Posted by: Atticus.
I agree that the track is actually decent and that the boring race was circumstantial.

You won't always get accurate elevation data from Google Earth, however - in fact, in most cases, you can actually only use it to get a rough approximation of the elevation profile and then you do need to fiddle A LOT to get the details right.

You can trust the new elevation maps on Formula1.com though. For example:

[www.formula1.com]

It's not up for Baku yet, but one can hope it will be.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: June 20, 2016 04:10PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Atticus. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can trust the new elevation maps on
> Formula1.com though. For example:
>
> [www.formula1.com]
> mpionship/races/2016/Bahrain.html

Wow, I didn't know there were official elevation data available nowadays! Thanks!
Date: June 25, 2016 02:20AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I hope someone does it. I believe it would be awesome as a GP4 track.
Date: June 26, 2016 02:27AM
Baku2016.dat_WIP
Date: June 26, 2016 05:17AM
Posted by: livejackass
Ow! I waiting for this :)
Date: June 26, 2016 08:08AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: June 26, 2016 11:08AM
Posted by: seanmikeuk
Eagerly awaiting release of this new circuit.
Date: June 26, 2016 05:32PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
It seems a nice track to drive judging from the onboards over the f1 weekend. It would be fun in GP4 imo

Date: June 30, 2016 12:39AM
As a "track builder Nazi," I must notice Turn 3 is one intersection further down the road compared to what you created. (Turn 4 is one intersection closer to Turns 5 and 6 as a result as well.) I hope I'm not too late with this.

Apart from that, thank you very much, it's very nice that it's getting done. :-)

Date: June 30, 2016 02:39AM
The good news is the circuit whent in game after finishing the CC line on Monday evening.
To my frustration the track needs lots of work.
We are for sure going to need a physics file, Magic file and most likely also a performance file.
It's all good. A long way from completion.
Even though I have 4 days off this weekend I won't be working on the baku_2016.Dat track.

@atticus
It's definitely not too late to make any changes.
At first I thought the same thing as you have stated.
You need to prove that I am wrong before I im going to change what you suggested;)
Date: June 30, 2016 10:19AM
@auscain: Meh... :)

[thef1formbook.wordpress.com]

The track map in this article is the official track map downloaded from the FIA website. Compare the length of the straights between Turn 2 & 3 and Turns 4 & 5 to your .dat's. Here the former is much longer. In your version they're nearly equal in length.

Date: June 30, 2016 12:14PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Good news!! That's a great start! Keep pushing! ;);-)(Y)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 30, 2016 04:59PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Atticus is right regarding turn 3. I saw the "earlier turn 3" in a map at F1-fanatic.com, which does not reflect the final version of the track.

I have a few other remarks. At turn 1, there is a slight kink on the exit:

Another kink right before turn 7:

Turn 6 has a smaller radius than turn 5:

Turn 15 is also very tight, the track follows the wall on the right side before turning:

Track is very wide between turns 16 and 18 and narrows linearly from 18 to 19. It stays about the same width until turn 20 when it widens again.

Finally, the main straight moves a little to the right at the pit entrance:

Since Formula1.com didn't release the official elevation profile, this should be useful. The track is nearly flat outside the Old Town section and the highest point is just after turn 13.

Reference videos:

(Edited for better pictures)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 07:14PM by Prblanco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy