Jordan 191 a practice model by Dutch_Can

Posted by DutchCan 
Jordan 191 a practice model by Dutch_Can
Date: June 16, 2016 05:34AM
Posted by: DutchCan
Hey everybody

It's been a long time since I have been here but this was the first site I ever went to ( I think even when I was still playing GP2)
Anyways I started modelling again and I did so with the Jordan 191, Now I know that there is already a model out of this car but it is more of a practice for me.
It would be nice if I could get some pinpoints from the seasoned modellers cause I am sure I made mistakes a long the way.

Here is some previews it is still work in progress.

And one without the wireframe

Re: Jordan 191 a practice model by Dutch_Can
Date: June 16, 2016 08:45AM
Posted by: munnzy
Looks great :-)
Date: June 16, 2016 09:52AM
Posted by: Lacrowe
Hello DutchCan,

your car already has a good appearance and to improve it could better highlight the attack of the suspension and the pilot's seat.
See the full version seems to me that the rear tires are too small for the 1991 season, while the front tires may be suitable.
This type of model has the characteristic of not highlight the area of the engine
, and to expose completely the shape of the car, so the mapping will be above it to make a difference.
Personally I am more attracted by the seasons of the '80s, but I know well the characteristics of the car that you have presented.
I mainly use the software Zmodeler 2, while in your case I have no idea of the software you used.

Date: June 16, 2016 12:16PM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
The -91 mod car and wheel shape by Ross (tis) wheel texture by me, Renders and more by Erik (erix):

]

Not bad for 11 years old stuff when you had to keep the polys down to a minimum, to get the game running smooth ; )
U/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 11:23AM by Alesi_fan.
Date: June 16, 2016 12:54PM
Posted by: kingdeuce86
Alesi_fan, what program do you use to display the car like that?
Date: June 16, 2016 01:18PM
kingdeuce86 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alesi_fan, what program do you use to display the
> car like that?
-----------------------------------

It was Erik who did that and I think he use 3d studio Max

U/
Date: June 16, 2016 02:06PM
Posted by: soulbringer
How nice to see you back!
I'm glad your modelling again. Great progress so far, I'm looking forward to see more progress shots.
No mistakes at all, although I would extend edges going from side pods air intake all the way to the tip of the nose. Obviously connecting suspension holes because that would make normals behave better as well.
Also you could try to merge some of edges on top rear part of engine cover. And add some to that small bulge in stead, because it looks sort off sharp on real car.
Otherwise add more edge loops, since it is practice you don't have to worry about poly count.
Date: June 16, 2016 02:43PM
Thanks for the input.
I know the tired are wider but I'm guessing since I don't have real reference for them and it's like I said a practise model.
For myself I like the 80's and 90's era although the cars from 2008 have a nice look as well after that they became meh for me. I use Maya to model these cars I did this in the past and I believe it was iSaint who converted them for me.
Date: June 16, 2016 02:45PM
Posted by: Excalibur
It looks nice! Congrats! ... otherwise, I agree with Soulbringer's feedbacks.. Nice work, keep it up! (Y)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 16, 2016 06:21PM
Thanks again

I'll have a look tonight when I get home. I want to get it as detailed as possible but fortunately I can cause it won't be an ingame model. I might do it this again in the near future.
This is why I love coming back here everybody is helpful to one and another
Date: June 16, 2016 08:18PM
DutchCan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks again
>
> I'll have a look tonight when I get home. I want
> to get it as detailed as possible but fortunately
> I can cause it won't be an ingame model. I might
> do it this again in the near future.
> This is why I love coming back here everybody is
> helpful to one and another
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think you need to think to much about the polys these days as back in -05.
There is a lot of work that use a lot of polys. Just make the car as good as your skill is now.
Finish it and see what happens when you get it in game. Practice gives skill, and don't woory
about wheels. Turbo lover have the wheels you need.

One thing you should do though, is to make the car in a size that fit the game and the best
is to use a ref car from org in game car or some one that has the right size. The modders of the
old -91 cars use the org in game car as a ref back then. If you do there is wheels for your test run in game.

U/
Date: June 17, 2016 01:35AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Seeing as we're talking about poly-count, thought I'd chime in with some info.

I'm currently converting a go-kart for using in GP4 and, at the moment, it has 75,384 faces.

I had to spread it over 2 scenes in GP4 Builder because of the per-scene face limits.
('Cockpit' object - 37,706 faces - in Scene 2, other objects in Scene 1)

It works fine in-game (though I've only had two on track at the same time) and the game runs as smoothly (on my weak desktop) as when using any of MDBSnake's carshapes.

So I know that you can at least go that high with polycount if you need to.

And nice work you've done there, always nice to see people making cars (Y)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: June 23, 2016 11:07PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
New wheels in progress:

When ready you will get them.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 25, 2016 02:05PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I like you car DutchCan, I only suggest that you make more "curved" the nosecone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: July 16, 2016 04:40PM
Posted by: soulbringer
Hi DutchCan, has there been any progress on this car lately? If so I would love to see some screenshots. ;-)
Date: July 16, 2016 11:24PM
Posted by: lpx
It will be good to have some new 91 car like a good brabhambt60y.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy