i have a problem with the flow !

Posted by tumyeto 
i have a problem with the flow !
Date: June 08, 2016 01:11AM
Posted by: tumyeto
Hi I have a problem with the flow of the game.
I installed the 2016 season and when I play (with CSM) I slowdowns everywhere
I did a test drive by uninstalling the 2016 cars and everything returns to normal, the game works well at 60 fps without slowdowns.

I have a pc i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60ghz, 8gb ram and ati HD4870
Is it my pc which is too bad or there is another problem?
before I had a MSI P35 NEO and the game worked very well.

I also have a problem when I run the CSM prmière times, nothing happens, I have to stop the GP4.exe process. Then I again launches CSM and everything works fine.
Does that could be related to my problem of slowdowns?
So, what do you think ?
Re: i have a problem with the flow !
Date: June 08, 2016 01:44AM
Posted by: enzo1981
I have the same problem. It takes forever for the a race to load. Then all the cars move very slowly. I turned down the resolution, with great improvement, although the graphics are not as crisp and clean as with the higher resolution.

I hope to find a solution to your problem.
Date: June 08, 2016 02:57AM
Posted by: jucksman
I had the same problem. Solved It by using verbosity Low in gpxpatch and cpu 1 or all - if its slow in cpu 1, I change to all and vice versa. Also, try loading a different track them returning to the previous one. For some reason, It Works.

If everything else fails, Lower the textures to 2048 x 2048.
Date: June 08, 2016 08:30AM
so I already thought down the textures to 2048x2048 but it did not change anything, I tested all the circuits with the same results, I lowered my graphics options but it's still slow and even free practice with a single car is very slow.
I'm surprised because with my old processor, the game worked with very high graphics options without problems.
I will try to further lower the textures and options but I'll end up having a really bad play.
I would make you a report.
thank you
Date: June 08, 2016 11:25AM
I put the cpu 0 to 3 and the details in low GPxPatch and the game works perfectly, I even reactivated antialiasing and I have no slowdowns problems, so a big thank you for your solution Jucksman (Y)
Date: June 08, 2016 07:03PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Good job guys, for fixing this problem..... It should be pinned to the faq! (Y);-)
@Tumyeto: Could you just add the mention [Solved] into the title of your thread so that it could be easily found for those who have the same problem? thanks :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 08, 2016 07:07PM
Posted by: jucksman
tumyeto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I put the cpu 0 to 3 and the details in low
> GPxPatch and the game works perfectly, I even
> reactivated antialiasing and I have no slowdowns
> problems, so a big thank you for your solution
> Jucksman (Y)

Great, Tumyeto! I was almost giving up on GP4 before I´ve found this little trick, and it has been working like a charm since. Glad I could help. : -)
Date: June 10, 2016 11:33AM
the game works well but when I do a race, after 10/15 laps slowdowns reappear.
I have to reboot the PC for everything to work again
Do I not have a memory problem?
Date: June 10, 2016 03:09PM
@Tumyeto: Your PC config seems enough for GP4 but I must admit that the lods of the cars and textures are heavy and that we have probably reach the limits for this game, this year. Lower lods allows to reduce the PO when the cars are far from the camera or at the other side of the tracks ( lod_4 when they are invisible on the screen). But, when you have heavy lods_0 , lower lods and lod_1 are also heavy to avoid objects and faces disruptions and to keep the best quality possible. Most of our textures are also in HD (4096x4096)
I don't know if they have been converted in 2048x2048 for the mod. However, there are several things that you can do:
1- reduce the main textures in 2048x2048 (each 4096x4096 texture weigts about 21mo.... about 5mo in 2048x2048)
2- Into Gpxpatch, GPxTrack tab, set the Max track lenght to 10kms: It fixed my problem of freezes, crashs and memory during a long race because of tyre marks on the tracks.
3- Allow GP4 to handle more than 2Gb adress space with CFFExplorer (Open gp4.exe with CFFExplorer, into "file header" , into charachteristics, click on "click here" and into the options, tick the box: "App can handle more than 2GB space adress". Then save your gp4.exe)

Hope that these 3 things will improve your flow...

I am playing GP4 on an Intel Core I5 2500K, 3,30Ghz, 8Go ram, GTX 560 TI (1024mo) with lods_0 forced only, 4096x4096 main textures and the game runs with a PO between 35 and 60% on all tracks, (excepted at the start: up to 110%) and when I am close from the Pitstands in race (up to 80-90%) but the procedure 2- and 3- really improved my PO..... Sometimes , the PO is also increasing regarding tracks but some, despite their wad weight are really optimized, like the Red Bull ring or Sochi by Gezere (no more than 30% in game )
I precise that I am playing non-csm 2016 season, however....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 10, 2016 06:10PM
Ok thanks Exca I'll test your solution.
Date: June 11, 2016 01:36PM
So it's not possible to play with gp4.exe modified with CSM.

I changed the race length in GPxPatch but I always slowdowns after 10/15 laps.
Date: June 11, 2016 02:22PM
tumyeto écrivait:
> So it's not possible to play with gp4.exe modified
> with CSM.
>
> I changed the race length in GPxPatch but I always
> slowdowns after 10/15 laps.

Oh, ok! I am sorry for the gp4.exe modified and CSM ... I didn't know that because I am using TSM only and it works with the modified gp4.exe...

Personally, into GPxPatch, I set the CPU on "0" and verbosity on high also but maybe this is what you did before...

Date: June 11, 2016 03:30PM
Posted by: kedy89
tumyeto schrieb:
> So it's not possible to play with gp4.exe modified
> with CSM.
>
> I changed the race length in GPxPatch but I always
> slowdowns after 10/15 laps.

It is possible, if you swap the gp4.exe. Have the clean exe in the gp4 main directory, put the modified exe to e.g. the \Data\Files folder of your mod. Then open the swap.ini of the mod (in the settings folder), go to the [Swapfiles] part of the file, and add File1=Files\Gp4.exe,gp4.exe. Make sure to adjust the file number, put the next free one in line (e.g. File14=... if the last present one is File13=...).

Or, as alternative, place the remove2gblimit.cap file in the Patch folder of your mod. That should have the same effect. [www.mediafire.com]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: June 11, 2016 05:48PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It is possible to play with gp4.exe modified with CSM:

go to the folder ...\ZaZ Gp4 tools\Settings, open Carset Manager ini file and change this line to 1:

OriginalEXECheck=0

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 11, 2016 06:04PM
Turbo Lover écrivait:
> It is possible to play with gp4.exe modified with
> CSM:
>
> go to the folder ...\ZaZ Gp4 tools\Settings, open
> Carset Manager ini file and change this line to
> 1:
>
> OriginalEXECheck=0

Ruben, I don't have this line into my Carset Manager.ini file, should I add it?

Settings]
Updatepath=HTTP://files.vadertrophy.com/zaz/csm/1.26/Stable/
AllowDominantTrackProfiles=1
Use DirectX 8.0=1
Gp4 Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\
Gp4exe=GP4.exe
CarsetPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Gpsaves\Carsets\
Carset Loaded=False
ProcessorPriority=Normal
Last Carset=

Date: June 11, 2016 06:09PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Yes, please do it. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 11, 2016 06:18PM
Posted by: kedy89
Turbo Lover schrieb:
> It is possible to play with gp4.exe modified with
> CSM:
>
> go to the folder ...\ZaZ Gp4 tools\Settings, open
> Carset Manager ini file and change this line to
> 1:
>
> OriginalEXECheck=0

Neat, didn't know that :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: June 11, 2016 06:19PM
Turbo Lover écrivait:
> Yes, please do it. :)

No luck. CSM always tells me that gp4.exe is not the original ect...

I will open a new thread later concerning this problem. I don't want to pollute Tumyeto's thread with another problem out of subject... thanks for helping me, though! ;-)

Date: June 12, 2016 10:52PM
Thank you for your answers, I am going to test the various proposals, I would tell you if it changes something.
Date: June 17, 2016 08:41PM
for information, problems launching the game and framerate come from my TrackPack
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy