Are these tracks ripped from GP4 ?

Posted by ramf1v 
Are these tracks ripped from GP4 ?
Date: May 08, 2016 11:15PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Simple question guys, I've been asked by someone to do a HD 3D animation of Suzuka, these are the track he's going to supply :

[www.turbosquid.com]

I checked out Suzuka and it seems to be a straight rip from GP4, but these have been on Turbosquid since 2009.

Slightly puzzled, does anyone know what's going on ?..were you guys aware of these ?

F1Dev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:21AM by ramf1v.
Re: Are these tracks ripped from GP4 ?
Date: May 08, 2016 11:57PM
Ok, I turned him down anyway, my conscience made me broach the subject with him, but it's up to him what he does with the info.

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:21AM by ramf1v.
Date: May 09, 2016 07:07AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
lol, so he seems to be selling not even the tracks, but the hotlaps of tracks, and for an outrageous amount of money too! I wonder if anyone was stupid enough to buy this haha.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: May 09, 2016 12:09PM
Posted by: Twigster151
miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol, so he seems to be selling not even the
> tracks, but the hotlaps of tracks, and for an
> outrageous amount of money too! I wonder if anyone
> was stupid enough to buy this haha.

Appears so, the diamond badge on his profile means that he's earned over $10,000 in sales...

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: May 09, 2016 12:21PM
He's been selling them for over 6 years, not surprising the amount he's made.

I can't leave it now I've seen it, so I opened a support ticket, seems the right thing to do, apparently an "Agent" is now "looking into it", bearing in mind TurboSquid take a hefty cut of his profits... ;-) ...lets see what happens.

F1Dev
Date: May 09, 2016 01:09PM
Small update, I needed to resubmit the info so here's where it stands :

Thanks for forwarding this, all the tracks from "Circuit 3D" are ripped content from Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4.

[www.turbosquid.com]

He used VRML export in the game editor and rebuilt them in some 3D software. the mesh is identical as are the texture's, this is a long and tedious process which explains why he's been gradually submitting these tracks over the years.

Here are the files from the Original Suzuka Track in the game :

[www.dropbox.com]

When you compare them with the Suzuka track he's selling you will see no difference.

I've included screenshots here from both the editor and 3ds Max, you can see there is no doubt this is stolen content.

I've also included the original track exported as .wrl.

[www.dropbox.com]

There is still a large modding community connected with this game, I've made them aware of these tracks and they look forward to the outcome.

Regards

Richard.

May 8, 2016, 23:58

I'll keep you posted.

F1Dev
Date: May 13, 2016 08:12PM
Posted by: Briere
Good news, clicking the link you provided in Post #1 leads to a "no results" page :)
Date: May 13, 2016 10:07PM
Thanks for letting me know Breire, it looks like they processed the ticket yesterday but didn't let me know, Circuit3D is a dodo. (Y)

Thank you for reporting the following content.

suzuka.zip
[www.turbosquid.com]

We have disabled the identified content, notifying the seller of your claim. Please be assured that we will take the appropriate action and continue to notify us of any other unauthorized content you encounter.

Very truly yours,
DeLonna
TurboSquid Member Services

LICENSING & IP | TURBOSQUID, INC.

935 Gravier St., Suite 1600, New Orleans LA 70112
www.turbosquid.com

*Please note this URL now redirects because the reported content was disabled.

May 12, 2016, 09:17

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy