F1 Manager Revised 2006 Season - We have a winner! Season complete

Posted by F1_Manager 
Williams
Giancarlo Fisichella: I can say he`s done brilliant and I think his high finishes are consistant, which is highly satisfying.
Cristiano Da Matta: Not particularly happy with his results this season. His car is highly capable. His 13th puts me in a neutral position with him. It`s not bad for him though.

Toro Rosso
David Coulthard: Decent result. 11th is good enough. Lets hope the race goes well. I`d like to see him in a point finishing position.
Robert Doornbos: 17th isn`t the best result, but he`s less experienced and the car isn`t perfect. As long as he does well i`m fine.

Expectations
Fisichella: 4th or better.
Da Matta: 10th or better.
Coulthard: 8th or better.
Doornbos: 12th or better.
BMW Sauber

Well we didn't expect that quite well from our boys. 8th looks good and Nick 14th. It's going to be a tough challenge for the title. The race is going to be exciting!

Super Aguri

19th and 22nd, great quali for Speed and Karthikeyan is unfortunately starting from back. We'll see how race is going for us and we expect at least a good finish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 11:42PM by Bandon23.
Honda
Great performance from Massa! P3!
Toyota

So far so good. Jenson has done what he needed to do and Mark has put himself in contention too. There are no team orders, they are out there to race for the title. Lets make the last race for Toyota, before our switch to Honda, a win!

2006 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race

It's time! The final race of the 2006 season. Jenson Button leads the championship in his Toyota just 9 points ahead of Ralf Schumacher in the BMW. Toyota's Mark Webber and Renault's Fernando Alonso also have a chance at becoming the 2006 F1 World Champion. Who will win their maiden Formula One World Championship? Will Button or Webber add to Toyota's Constructors crown? Let's find out

The lights are out and way we go

The Ferrari's maintain their 1-2 start

Hamilton takes the lead down the inside

Fisichella has also made it past Michael Schumacher

Fisichella is into the lead as Alonso moves up to 4th

Button and Ralf Schumacher are battling with Button moving into 7th

Here's a look at the top 8, but what's that at the bottom of the picture?

Hamilton retakes the lead

Sutil dives down the inside of Ralf Schumacher. Plenty of work to do for the German

9th won't be enough with Button running in 7th

Here's the championship as it stands

Sutil runs wide under pressure from Ralf

He's down to 10th

Michael Schumacher and Giancarlo Fisichella are having an amazing battle for 2nd. It's Schumacher that takes it this time

It's very close at the back

Confirmation of the current Ferrari 1-2. Alonso isn't too far behind

Things aren't looking good for his teammate, he's ran wide

Button is putting his teammate under pressure

He's having a look at the end of the pit straight

Job done

Montoya has an electrical problem

Speed is quick to avoid him

Kimi Raikkonen isn't so fortunate though!

Looks like one of the Spyker's is involved too

Looks like Speed din't avoid it afterall!

Montiero is the stricken Spyker

Here's the current top 8

With the debris gone, Heidfeld looks to pass Yamamoto

He's through into 9th

Button is right on Masssa's tail

The championship leader is into 5th

Hamilton still leads

Button's next target is Alonso

Webber is looking to pass Massa now

Fisichella is still 3rd

Hamilton pits from the lead

Fisichella comes out the pits behind Alonso!

He's got back past him though

Button pits from 2nd

He's out just ahead of Fisi and Alonso

He manages to keep Fisichella behind too

But he's slowed down by Doornbos going into the pits infront of him

Which allows Fisichella and Alonso back through

Alonso is all over the back of Fisichella

Here's the top 8

And the drivers championship as it stands, time for a small break

We're back from our break

Alonso goes down the inside of Fisichella!

Now Button is having a look

He's into 4th

Massa has now closed right up to Fisichella

Ralf has his teammate for company

Clearly there's no team orders as Heidfeld dives down the inside

A replay shows Massa doing the same to Fisichella

A few laps later and Button does the same to Alonso!

Here's the top 8 after that action

Hamilton leads a Ferrari 1-2 with Button closing on Michael Schumacher

Ralf Schumacher still sits in 8th

Hamilton pits

He's followed in by Button

Now Schumacher is in

He's out ahead of Button

Here's the top 8

Hamilton leads

Looks like the end of Ralf's title bid

And Webber's too

Alonso is running in 4th but it isn't enough

Hamilton laps Karthikeyan

Fisichella goes down the inside of Massa

Button dives down the inside of Michael Schumacher

Hamilton wins the Brazilian Grand Prix

And Button finishes 2nd to become the F1 WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPION

[b[2006 Brazilian Grand Prix Result[/b]

Drivers Championship

Constructors Championship

Honda
Great that our team can stay ahead of Williams in the Constructors' Championship. Good overtake from Massa into Fisichella, but it wasn't something he could keep ahead of for the entire race.

Bring on 2007!
Quite unfortunate not to win this one because we definetly had the pace. There's always next season, and I have something planned for that!

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
BMW Sauber

Difficult race, but nonetheless great race from our drivers. 8th for Ralf who takes the runner up spot in the championship and 7th for Nick who has another great result so he ends his season on a high. He's looking confident for next season in 2007 and hopefully he'll do his best. Also we're 3rd in the WCC, we're happy to achieve that and we may be better next season.

Super Aguri

Not a great end to a season for Super Aguri, but at least 6 points is what we achieved so far this season and likely we end up finishing 11th today. Promising result, but we'll be strong next season and going in a better shape so there's no worries. Speed unfortunately caught in a crash going to the main straight and that completes his 2006 season. Karthikeyan 18th and unfortunately the result wasn't the best and yes it's the end of the season. There's much plenty of work ahead of us next season and we hope for a good start.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 11:54PM by Bandon23.
Toyota

What a fantastic day for the team. Obviously we are gutted for Mark after his title challenge faltered but we are delighted to see Jenson win the title. Fingers crossed for a repeat in 2007.

2006 Season

I would like to thank you all for your patience over the course of the season and for taking part. I will try and be more regular with the races in the new year :)

JohnWarrington quoted:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2006 Season
>
> I would like to thank you all for your patience
> over the course of the season and for taking part.
> I will try and be more regular with the races in
> the new year :)

Happy new year to you and everyone else, hope we have a great time in this series. :-)
Williams
Fisichella did a great job and i`m sad I won`t be working with him next year :( Da Matta did okay I suppose. I`m not currently pleased with him.

Toro Rosso
Coulthard has done excellent this season. The last race wasn`t his best, but he did okay. Doornbos hasn`t had much time to get the jist of things. He`s new and I think he`s done great to say it`s his very first season, well few races!
Honda News Announcement

Honda can officially confirm today that we have agreed a driver trade with the Ferrari team. Departing the team to join Ferrari are Mark Webber and Sergio Perez with Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Davidson joining Honda to make it an all British Honda Racing lineup.

Super Championship!!!! Button great racer!
Williams
We`re considering putting Jarno Truli up as second driver, he`s got great talent after all.
Ferrari

Good strong season finish, too bad Button was very strong and managed to bypass Michael in the end!

Red Bull

Yamamoto just wasn't fast enough, Montoya tried to nurse the car to the left, but got hit pretty hard ... confirmed is that he is all right!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy