Helmet crashes game on exit

Posted by Briere 
Helmet crashes game on exit
Date: March 29, 2016 03:43AM
Posted by: Briere
So, yeh, as many people know, jvinu2000 released detailed, hi-quality helmet shapes last year on GP4Forever. They look great, the textures are well made, everything is good ! But when I press Esc, let's say after setting helmet position via Tweaker in game, the game crashes, although I can drive and play for hours beforehand.

Here is the GPxLoad file : [www.mediafire.com]

I know there are mentions of car parts, but without jvinu2000's shapes, I get no crashes with the same cars.wad. Is there something actually related to the helmet shape or is it linked to something else ?

Thanks !
Re: Helmet crashes game on exit
Date: March 29, 2016 04:31AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Same problem here, only that the game doesn't crash but when exit the game, gpxpatch error log will appear. This only happends with jvinu2000's newest helmetshapes.
Date: March 31, 2016 03:19AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
I'm having the same problem.

Downloaded the pack from his blog, and tested with the 'v1' Arai shape.
No problems, and I was able to exit the game fully before the GPxPatch error log came up.

I tried again after modifying the helmet:
1) Removed the 'hans' material, and renamed the remaining materials to 'Driver1_1.tga' and 'Driver1_2.tga'
2) Combined all the parts that use the Driver1_1 texture into one.
3) Combined all the parts of the Visor object into one.

Same problem.

My GPxLoad.txt can be found here.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: April 05, 2016 02:12PM
Mathieu and others who have problems with these helmetshapes, I have uploaded some fix tests, so if you could see if these works for you guys:

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: April 05, 2016 08:22PM
Posted by: enzo1981
Thanks vesuvius, these fix test helmets work wonderfully, although I have only tried the arai helmet so far. It does not crash anymore when exiting.

Thanks again for your great work.
Date: April 05, 2016 11:12PM
I confirm, everything works well here as well :) Kiitos Vesa for the fixes !
Date: April 05, 2016 11:21PM
Thanks guys for the tests, glad they have worked for you :)
Date: April 06, 2016 02:51AM
Posted by: jvinu2000
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mathieu and others who have problems with these
> helmetshapes, I have uploaded some fix tests, so
> if you could see if these works for you guys:
>
> [www.mediafire.com]
> helmetshapes+fix+test.7z

thank you very much for your help, could you explain me what changes did you made please?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
jvinu2000.tumblr.com
2016 helmets in .TEX format??
Date: April 07, 2016 09:28AM
Posted by: laci0303
Hy!

Anyone has the 2016 helmets in .TEX format? I'm using wadupdater.

Thank you!!!

Date: April 07, 2016 04:17PM
Posted by: enzo1981
You can use Slimtex to convert tga's to tex files. It is part of Zaztools found at Gp4 Database.
Date: April 08, 2016 10:51PM
jvinu2000 Wrote:
> thank you very much for your help, could you
> explain me what changes did you made please?

I had a look at the files, and the only difference I found is the number of parts for both the Helmet and Visor objects. Example : On the Arai, the Helmet part count is down from 12 to 3, and Visor from 5 to 1 :)
Date: April 09, 2016 02:07AM
Posted by: phantaman
although I used the available fix (link above), the crashes continue to occur

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: April 09, 2016 03:35PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
I am using your fix and the arai shape.

For me, the crashes occur once I change the helmets of the drivers 9,10 and 21 in the cars folder. Without updating these 3 helmets, they are obviously not shown correctly ingame, but the rest of them is working without any problems.
Any suggestions to make the 3 helmets work aswell without having crashes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2016 03:37PM by Ilkayplaya.
Date: April 09, 2016 04:39PM
Briere Wrote:
> I have an idea :)

no ... I got the idea. kkk ;-)

I will say how I did to solve the problem. I'm using the arai shape contained in the package provided by jvinu2000 before the fix. I imported the shape in zmodeler1 and saved in .z3d format, imported in zmodeler2 and I exported as old Z3d files.

unfortunately, only this did not solve. only solved when I remembered that in a very old MoD, when inspect a helmet inside the gp4builer tool, I realized that it contained a scene with a small object .3D and this was not visible, it contained only the texture driver1_2.tga.
there, I thought ... I will do the same. imported a small object to previously saved .gp4 files and contained as texture driver1_2.tga, moved and hid inside the shape, and saved.

I copied the files to the corresponding folder of the MOD I'm reformulating as 2016 and worked 100% Ok without crashes, although pressing the ESC key

and that's it (Y)

before

after

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: April 09, 2016 05:16PM
Posted by: gap177
One way to eliminate your crashes regarding the cars folder is to download a hex editor and modify the exe not to use the cars folder. There is a topic on this forum on how to do this.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: April 09, 2016 05:24PM
the MoD I have here is by ZaZ GP4 Tools. in the folder "Patch" on this MoD, there is a file named NoCarsFolder.cap and I believe is for this.

unfortunately, I do not think that just doing a hexedit in gp4.exe this is resolved. the way indicated above, it worked for me. (Y)

Date: April 09, 2016 07:40PM
Posted by: gap177
So, if you don't think editing the exe won't fix the problem, why are some people able to use the original 3d models and textures with no problems. What I did notice is the helmet textures made by David when opened in Slim text were not dt5. I changed the texture to DT5 and haven't had a problem since. Not sure if it is even a 3d models issue. If someone else can change the textures to DT5 and see if that fixes the issue. Just an idea.

Glenn (Cdn)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy