HOW TO MAKE MORE SPARKS ????

Posted by Ripping Corpse 
HOW TO MAKE MORE SPARKS ????
Date: March 22, 2016 09:14PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
.... I ha some time ago, I put a topic, but never knew how to do this effect, anyone have any notion to create more sparks in the game ???

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Re: HOW TO MAKE MORE SPARKS ????
Date: March 22, 2016 10:32PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Set the underbody on the ground and you will get a beautiful firework ;)

Well, the spark texture is located into the main Grand Prix 4/ Maps/ Ressources folder ... But I don't know how it interacts between the car position and the asphalt (randomly or caused by the bumps and defaults of the track? )
Maybe there is an option into the f1graphics file but I only know the effect of the bump map track which modify the effect of the alsphat slide... Nothing about the sparks.
Maybe a trackmaker or a dev (such as Laurent or René) could know more about this effect...;-)

Maybe by modifying the sparks texture, you will get more sparks when it happens but I don't know how it happens and how to increase it...

I am wondering also: is the sparks effect happen more often when the suspensions or the car settings are modified?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 10:40PM by Excalibur.
Date: March 22, 2016 11:10PM
Posted by: n00binio
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the sparks are hard-coded in the exe (texture aside), so there's likely not much that can be done. I tried looking into using either the brakeglow or the back light as an alternative spark generator but that exceeded my gp4 modding skills :-(

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: March 22, 2016 11:22PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
A long, long time ago, when I was a young GPG user, there was another user who was able to create not only sparks but falling leaves in the game. When we would know how he did that we could use it for the sparks as well.

By the way, does anybody around here know what happened to the man who built Laputa, I think his username was GP44? :((E)
Date: March 23, 2016 11:38AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I think it has something to do with the fire_multiple.tga and onesmoke.tex
that is located on all the tracks. ... /MAP/RESOURCES

In those files you can edit the following:

- water projections
- brake dust
- projected gravels
- gravels dust
- oil leak smoke
- blown up engine smoke
- sparks
- original fire (option)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2016 11:41AM by jcaranti.
Date: March 23, 2016 12:04PM
Posted by: vesuvius
sparkas are located on every track.wad under onesmoke.tex, I have done several onesmoke.tex´s files to improve water projections, sparks etc....however what they improve is very limited.
Date: March 23, 2016 02:17PM
Posted by: jucksman
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sparkas are located on every track.wad under
> onesmoke.tex, I have done several onesmoke.tex´s
> files to improve water projections, sparks
> etc....however what they improve is very limited.

Vesa, any chance of sharing your one smoke.tex with us? I'm really interested in improving the sparks in game also...
Date: March 23, 2016 02:54PM
jucksman Wrote:
> vesuvius Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sparkas are located on every track.wad under
> > onesmoke.tex, I have done several
> onesmoke.tex´s
> > files to improve water projections, sparks
> > etc....however what they improve is very
> limited.
>
>
>
> Vesa, any chance of sharing your one smoke.tex
> with us? I'm really interested in improving the
> sparks in game also...

Sure. Improvement is not big and is best seen on tracks like suzuka and spa.
Date: March 23, 2016 05:18PM
What about the sparks.tga texture into the into the main Grand Prix 4/ Maps/ Ressources folder?

@Vesa: So, you can improve the effect but do you know if you can make it happen more often?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 23, 2016 05:43PM
Excalibur Wrote:
> What about the sparks.tga texture into the into
> the main Grand Prix 4/ Maps/ Ressources folder?
>
> @Vesa: So, you can improve the effect but do you
> know if you can make it happen more often?

I have edited sparks.tga as well but it didn't bring any results in game.

Well that can't be edited through a tex file, it's likely coded in gp4.exe...maybe SDI or Lo2k could figure that out better than me :D hopefully someone would be able to improve how often and how big the sparks are.
Date: March 23, 2016 05:45PM
Ok, thanks for the precisions, mate! ;-)

Date: December 12, 2020 10:16PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
TGF1DRIVER [
A long, long time ago, when I was a young GPG user, there was another user who was able to create not only sparks but falling leaves in the game.

i'm super curious; this is the second time i'm reading about this "falling leaves effect". does anybody have more information about it? 'im very curious how it was done.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: December 18, 2020 11:18PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
TGF1DRIVER
A long, long time ago, when I was a young GPG user, there was another user who was able to create not only sparks but falling leaves in the game.

Carl_gpgames

oh...how about using the these files as a falling leave sequence, edit the coordinates for the grandstands and enable camera flashes?

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy