GPxPatch 4.44 [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.44 [Released]
Date: March 15, 2016 08:19PM
Posted by: SDI
@tamburello: That sounds like a weird problem and I have no explanation for it.

@Pedersen, munnzy: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my work. The activity and dedication of this community never ceases to amaze me. When GP4 came out I would have expected everyone to have moved along to newer games by 2005 or so.
I don't know yet how to make GP3/GP32k run smoothly on Windows 10.

@Turbo Lover: The pit light item of GPxCInfo is supposed to behave the same as the one in the cockpit.

@jucksman: you don't need to reinstall, and it wouldn't even help. If you have compatibility settings applied now, you can turn them off through right-clicking on the executables and open the compatibility settings dialog or wizard from there.
And the number 500 is for the magic data (attached to the tracks). The number 16384 is for the performance file. Performances file and magic data probably need some update with this new version, but only if you have "Player car performance team dependent" on.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: March 15, 2016 08:23PM
@munnzy: Haha, thanks!

Date: March 16, 2016 01:03PM
Posted by: Pedersen
@Rene well then u have a challenge now haha =P Just kidding mate. Again, just a bucket load of thank yous!
Date: March 18, 2016 12:36PM
Posted by: tamburello
Sorry for the tardy response René, I played around a bit but still the same behavior. Stange. Maybe it has something to do with the new compatibiliy settings for windows 7/8/10?
Date: March 18, 2016 05:40PM
I didn't really change compatibility settings, I just fixed some bugs in GP4 (and GP3) that only occurred on newer Windows versions or newer hardware (e.g. more than 4GB memory). You're still free to run GPxPatch and GP4 in compatibility mode if that helps in combination with CSM. But I'm sure you already tried or didn't touch the compatibility settings at all. If nobody else has this problem it must be something you changed or something specific on your system.

Anyway, if GPxPatch does not load expected files, then it would help to see the log files in the gpxpdata\log directory. Usually I log each file that I open. For example, gpxset.log should show that the performance file is being loaded. If it doesn't load it, then it should be interesting to see the .ini files (after CSM changed them).

Date: March 19, 2016 11:41AM
Ok, René, I got it work. I unistalled the whole GpxPatch and ZAZ Tools and deleted all remaning files manually and installed again and now it works, thanks anyway for your support (B);-)
Edit: Now it doesn't work anymore again... However, will play around and come back to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2016 11:46AM by tamburello.
Date: March 19, 2016 12:50PM
Posted by: superman77m
Hello. First to all, thanks very much for this great great program and your work.

Only a little question: Is possible any tutorial or instructions updated to this version in spanish? Im not english and my english level is very basic and some parts cost me to know and the translator programs are very bad in part.

Greetings and thanks for all.
Date: March 22, 2016 08:57AM
¿SDI?
Date: March 22, 2016 08:20PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Hay miembros españoles en este sito, podrías escribir cosas aqui que no entiendes y quizas te ayudarían?
Lo siento, no hablo a un novel nativo, pero sí hay algo que quieres pedir, usa los mensajes privados y intentaré ayudarte si posible...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: March 22, 2016 08:37PM
I don't speak any Spanish :)

Date: March 22, 2016 09:16PM
salvasirignano: Gracias por el esfuerzo en responderme. Solo era por comodidad pero a la hora de la verdad, no necesito ayuda. Gracias de todas formas.

SDI: I know, i know SDI. Thanks for your answer. Really, my question is not if you speak spanish. I know you don´t need the spanish language.
The same to me with your english. If something i don´t know, use other forms. Only for a confortable use of an old hobbie.

Basically, my question is for this page: [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]
I see: "Spanish (2.00, by Claudio Alonso)."

You don´t know my language but, if this page is yourst, my question is about your page. If in a future is possible exist gpxpatch documentation in spanish
translated for Claudio Alonso or another person with the necessary culture to work with the two languages. By the way, with your answer
is not necessary other more. The intention is more important than knowledge. Thanks anyway for answer.

;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 09:31PM by superman77m.
Date: March 22, 2016 09:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't speak any Spanish :)

Wrong i live in Argentina. My native language is SPANISH

Aca hablo castellano. Algun problema?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 09:54PM by jcaranti.
Date: March 22, 2016 11:58PM
The documentation translations were donated to me by various people who took the freedom to translate it to their native language, and then sent it to me to include in the installation and on my site. I never had the intention to do any translations, especially for the executable, as it generates more work for me each time I add new user interface.

If anyone is willing to translate documentation I can include it on my site. But it's a lot of work, especially to keep it up-to-date after each release. That's why the current ones are quite old.

Date: March 25, 2016 05:16PM
Posted by: vesuvius
tested changing cc-shuffler from magic data, and it does still affect on players car , even with the new gpxpatch 4.44.
Date: March 25, 2016 08:44PM
That's to be expected, I didn't change anything regarding the CC shuffler value.

Date: March 26, 2016 12:49AM
Posted by: TomMK
@vesuvius - what affect does changing cc-shuffler have on the Player?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 26, 2016 03:38PM
Posted by: vesuvius
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @vesuvius - what affect does changing cc-shuffler
> have on the Player?

slows down the laptime, also tyrewear will be affected.
Date: March 27, 2016 05:48PM
Hi René,
sorry, it took a while longer but I had to spend a couple of days in hospital... I tried again and it worked for a while but after changing (unchecking) some values the same issue (only loading tsm releated files) has appeared again. Strange the it seems only the apply on my machine.
I finally decided to go back to version 4.43 because of the the following change: "GPxSet: Excluded magic data from "Player car performance team dependent" option. This means magic data will never affect the player's car.". This affected me also when it was set to "Old behaviour". I'm using the "Power Factor" value in the md files to tweak the topspeeds to get it as realistic as possible, now the AI only profits from the change in the md but I'm now running around (in this case Montreal) 30 km/h slower than the AI. After I switched back to 4.43 it is working again and I'm on the same Level of the AI. It would be good if when "Old behaviour" is used the md should affect the players car, or there should be at least an option for it.

However, I wish you Happy Easter Holidays (B)
Date: March 27, 2016 06:24PM
Posted by: Ronage
Hi René thanx for again giving us a great update for our beloved GPXPatch. What do you think, how big is the chance to get new GPXSat TV Overlays like we have seen 2015 and now 2016? I mean it doesn't have to be fully like the real thing. Just an updated Digital 2010 would be nice with Rolex logo and straight text and numbers boxes. I would help graphically if needed.
Date: March 28, 2016 12:20AM
@tamburello: I've created an issue for it.

@Ronage: There's already an issue for it, but I lack the time to implement it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy