DTM MOD 2015 - RELEASED

Posted by rracunis 
Re: DTM MOD 2015 - WIP
Date: March 16, 2016 12:51PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
These are "my" cars? (converted from rfactor for me?.)

I have permissions from Blazemotorsport

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: March 16, 2016 03:50PM
Posted by: rracunis
Meteoro405 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These are "my" cars? (converted from rfactor for
> me?.)
>
> I have permissions from Blazemotorsport

Thank you mate , I will see what will happen in a couple of days . The 2015 cars have totally different mapping and I don't know yet how to sort this out . The car's mesh in which I have been working on were made by the URD group but the skins were painted by another guy who gave me already the permission . I tried to contact the guys from URD through their webpage that I found out in the internet but the link is not working anymore . Then I sent an email and now have to wait .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2016 01:49PM by rracunis.
Date: March 17, 2016 12:50PM
Good luck !!! (I have some mods finished, waiting for permissions years ago)

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: March 18, 2016 07:40AM
Posted by: mortal
It would be fair to say that if you have been waiting more than twelve months for a permission go ahead and release. Just be sure to put that fact into the gp4form.txt within the release package. ie: Something something that you have made every reasonable effort to do so etc. etc.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 19, 2016 10:05PM
For those who were excited with the DTM 2015 MOD I have a good news . Alless84 gave me the permission to convert the amazing cars which he made to RFactor . He was very kind and here , in a public way , my thanks to him. (Y)
Date: March 19, 2016 10:10PM
Posted by: jucksman
Great news!
Date: March 20, 2016 09:48PM
Posted by: drt01
hot

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: April 06, 2016 01:45PM
Firstly I would like to apologize for the decision I have taken . This project would be my last contribution to this community and for the whole GP4 community before I leave the scene forever . However , after having spent almost 3 months working on it , I realized that it has interfered in my personal and professional life and that's why I will not go ahead and publish it here or in any other forum .
The hardest work is done but every single day I have found some detail which can be improved and as I'm not a expert in 3D , the modification or improvement takes many days to be accomplished because I have to watch videos , read tutorials , trying to learn how to do it properly . And usually , this spoils my day and mood .
I'm really tired and unable to release the project as I would like to make , this definetly is not a work for only one person . Moreover , I didn't notice a real interest on it .
I have all the necessary permissions to release this MOD in a public way , if someone else wants it , I can send all I did so far in order to release it . It doesn't belong to me , the original authors and creators are the real people who deserve all the congrats for their amazing works .
I don't know yet if I will continue to work on it for my personal use . In case I finish the DTM 2015 MOD for myself , all the guys who left comments in this thread so far will received the link to download the MOD .
Finally , thanks to DavideHill who created 3 generic helmets for the MOD . And all my thanks and respect to Arnaud ( EXCALIBUR ) who had all the patience and affection with me , pushing me to go ahead despiste of my limitations . He is not only a genius doing cars , helmets etc , he is a great man .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 01:47PM by rracunis.
Date: April 06, 2016 03:42PM
That´s a real shame, mate.

This was shaping up to be one of the best non-F1 mods ever released for GP4...
Date: April 06, 2016 03:53PM
Posted by: drafi5
What a pity, but real life comes first, thanks for your work.

Date: April 06, 2016 04:24PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi Riccardo!

I am sorry if I can not help you at the moment or for the late reply to your questions. As, the others said, it is a shame if you give up now. You have really improved your skill in modding and learnt a lot in a short time. You are able to make a great mod and optimizations for GP4. I didn't thought that you would be so fast. It took much more time for me, several years ago, to learn and to be able to do what you manage to do yourself in a few weeks only. GP4 limits are not so easy to handle.

But I understand if you want to concentrate on your real life, family and others priorities.... That's the most important thing.

Just think that you have only started a few weeks ago to create this mod. You have done the biggest work yourself...And because this is not a simple conversion, but also mapping, making new parts, mapping and texturing optimizations for GP4, it is a lot of work for a single person, for sure. And it is more difficult to work with DTM than with F1 because of some parts and GP4 limitations.... So, you didn't start with an easy project to learn with but you manage to make a great conversion and to get a very nice result for your first big project.
Sometimes, it takes several months or over a year to get a full mod.

So, I would advise you to not give up.... Take your time. Make a break if you need it, to come back with a better motivation to continue, later...Sometimes, it is better than spending hours behind your screen, thinking on how to solve a problem or how to get the exact result you want.. The evidence and motivation will come at time.... And, this is not because people don't reply to your thread that they are not interested, as you can see above... ;-):-)

... And thanks for your kind words mate, but you did the job yourself! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 04:51PM by Excalibur.
Date: April 06, 2016 10:03PM
Posted by: Jeff20
Wow great mod,love DTM.
Date: April 06, 2016 10:26PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Shame to hear that it'll be never see the lights on public, i was following it quietly. But i understand that a mod is not a work for one person when it collides with other things.

Excalibur Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take your time. Make a break if you need it, to come
> back with a better motivation to continue, later...

i have to agree. Taking some breaks (no matter how much long) helps a lot to find again motivation to continue what you start.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: April 07, 2016 09:27AM
Posted by: giuco78
Sorry for your decision. I love DTM mods!
Date: April 08, 2016 12:56PM
Thanks guys for your support . I'm back on track . But I would like to have your opinion about the door's frame . Let me try to explain :

The Audi e BMW don't have door and rear side windows frame in the original work made by alless84 and the URD team as you can see below :

I have managed to have a frame using another part of the car , using it inside (internal) or outside ( external ) the car .

However , there are bugs in both options . As I'm not an expert in 3D and don't know how to create objects in the zmodeler , the solution I found to have an external frame was use this path in the ZM :modify/submesh/extrude . Doing that , I was able to stretch the frame and fit it in the cockipt ( but having more faces and a not perfect shape ). Even though , I have weird images especially in more distant views .

In the other hand , this doesnt happen if I place the frame internally , but still some problems are there .

Then , basically I would like to hear which is your preference , internal or external placement of the frame ? Also , I have a question and want to hear the opinion of Excalibur , Meteoro , Turbo Lover , drt01 and Rot Teufel who are masters in the GP4 .... Are minor bugs acceptable in a MOD ?
Thanks a lot a in advance , your suggestions and opinions are really most welcome ;-)
Date: April 08, 2016 01:30PM
I think you should place the frames on the inside. That way, you minimize the problem.

My opinion is that minor bugs are acceptable. You are doing an amazing job and the cars look great already.
Date: April 08, 2016 01:56PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
internal looks more naturel and the bugs with it looks very tiny, stick with it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 08, 2016 05:02PM
Its a minimum problem!!! Great work Mate!!!!!!! (B)

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: April 08, 2016 05:32PM
Posted by: Jordhy
The work and great and small details will not belittle this masterpiece, now opens the boxes and let the cars go to the track. We look forward. Congratulations.
Date: April 09, 2016 01:25AM
Posted by: Excalibur
About the frame texture which looks different regarding the camera zoom, are you using lower lods? If yes, check that the mapping of the frame is not outside the uvmapping square and correctly positionned on the texture.

If not, it could be also because the texture of the frame has got too big carbon stripes. I would suggest you to map your windows frames on a solid black texture. So, your problem would be fixed....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy