Install Zaz Tools on Windows 10 GUIDE

Posted by Anonymous User 
Install Zaz Tools on Windows 10 GUIDE
Date: January 03, 2016 12:14AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Install Zaz Tools on Windows 10

Hi everyone!,
I noticed that there is not a proper Guide to install this. So i took the time make one especially for new people.

Very important !!!!
DO NOT INSTALL in Programs Files (x86) or Program Files.

- Install Zaz tools from an ORIGINAL INSTALLER (link provided at the bottom of the message)

- Restart the PC

- Open the link of the updated Zaz Tools. Now go to the installation location of Zaz Tool and overwrite every single file
with all of the files that was provided with the link. (link provided at the bottom of the message)

With this method the registry of windows is properly written to otherwise it will not work as intended.

Files of Zaz Tools that we are going to tweak a little:
Csmcore: Put to run as Administrator and compability for Windows XP Service Pack 2
Slimtex: No need to do anything
Tsm: Put to run as Administraror
tsmcore: Put to run as Administrator and comp ability for Windows XP Service Pack 2

- OPEN CSM and enter FILE menu- Options and click "FILE ASSOCIATION". Select everything and press OK.

- Now go back the the OPTIONS menu and Select only "Auto Restore" and "Wadcache"

This is the method that I used to get it working on Windows 10.

The only thing that does not work is when you click a .tex file you can no longer view it directly.
Since windows 8 this feature does not work anymore.

LINKS
ORIGINAL INSTALLER
[www.mediafire.com]

Updated Zaz Tools:Choose any.
[www.mediafire.com]
[mega.nz]

I hope everyone will like and make use of this guide.

Kind regards
Jorge. (Y)(Y)

EDIT: Grammar. Formatting. Spelling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 09:37PM by jcaranti.
Re: Install Zaz Tools on Windows 10 GUIDE
Date: March 30, 2016 12:08AM
Posted by: rookie26
Thank you for the Installation Guide, Jorge.

Installed it exactly as you described. Let the Testing begin. :-)

Many Greetings
Date: May 20, 2016 02:21PM
Posted by: pippo46
Hola Jorge,

muchos gracias for taking the time to create this GP4 -> Win10 guide.

At the moment I have not tried any settings, reason being because up to a few days ago I was resisting the OS Upgrade to Win10!

However the 'unexpected' happened! I left my PC running, & after a while I get back to my desk & can see that upgrade to Win10 is in process, without me selecting to do so.... (perhaps there's a setting for auto updates that I didn't know about)....

Anyway, I was apprehensive in trying to run GP4, but when I did try (all my GP4 + ZaZ Tools were still with original installation settings & folders) my CSM did NOT run. As I wrote above everything was installed ages ago, so no settings was changed!

My queries are as follows;

1 - you write that any ZaZ Tools installation must not be in the "Programs Files (x86) or Program Files" - ok, my ZaZ Tools is installed in this path; "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ZaZ GP4 Tools"

2 - so could be that this is a problem. So should I uninstall my ZaZ Tools & re-install where / how you explained?

3 - if I uninstall my ZaZ Tools (which includes CSM+TSM) would I have to re-install all the mods & tracks ALL OVER AGAIN?

4 - I'm asking this, as this is NOT a fresh installation, but only because Win10 upgraded itself, & the consequence is that as expected GP4/CSM won't run!

Appreciate your kind assistance please. Remember I'm not too tech savvy, hence why I am asking for your guidance por favor!

Thanks once again
Date: May 20, 2016 09:24PM
Posted by: mortal
Re-install to the required location, but not the mods and tracks.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 21, 2016 11:05AM
Thank you mortal for your reply,

to cut a long story short, shall I just re-install to the required location ZaZ Tools WITHOUT uninstalling my already installed ZaZ Tools? this way my mods & tracks are not affected?

Thanks once again
Date: May 21, 2016 10:53PM
uninstall, clean the registry (CCleaner - it's free), then re-install. Not sure if the mods etc. are affected.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 22, 2016 03:22PM
Posted by: Foreverk
pippo46 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you mortal for your reply,
>
> to cut a long story short, shall I just re-install
> to the required location ZaZ Tools WITHOUT
> uninstalling my already installed ZaZ Tools? this
> way my mods & tracks are not affected?
>
> Thanks once again

mods & tracks are never affected, you can uninstall ZaZ Tools, clean the registry, reinstall it, etc. and the mods and tracks still be there, except you delete the folders "tracks" and "gpsaves/carsets". You could even copy these 2 folders into a fresh gp4 installation and when you start CSM you´ll see your mods, CSM and TSM looks for .csm and .ini files in the default folders GP4dir/"tracks" and GP4dir/"gpsaves/carsets" and read the info from there, so nor mods or tracks are affected by installing, moving, or whatever you do with ZaZ Tools (Y)
Date: May 22, 2016 05:17PM
thanks mortal & Foreverk for your replies,

somehow I managed to get my GP4+CSM up 'n running! I do get a 'half black screen' on half of my monitor, & another 'window popup' just under the black screen, which I am not able to read or see what it is..... So all I do is close this 'window popup' & GP4+CSM is about to get started! All worked fine (kind of) so far!

However I now installed 2016 Mod+TrackPack, & up on running GP4+CSM I get a pop up, which states the following;

Windows Features

Grand Prix 4 on your PC needs the following Windows feature:
Direct Play
Install this feature

or

Skip this installation
(Your apps might not work correctly without this feature)

So I think I tried installing the feature with the hope that GP4+CSM will run (with the newly installed 2016 mod) BUT again I get a black screen, but I can listen to the music in the background, that the game is running in the background, BUT with NO video....

Any suggestions please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 05:45PM by pippo46.
Date: May 22, 2016 09:30PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Seems related to DirectX 8 (or the lack of DirectX 8) or something like that... here´s how to fix it http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1088722,1088752 Hope it works for you too.
Date: May 23, 2016 05:49PM
Foreverk Wrote:
> Seems related to DirectX 8 (or the lack of DirectX
> 8) or something like that... here´s how to fix it
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> 088752 Hope it works for you too.

hi Foreverk,

thanks for your reply.

Again NO Success unfortunately!

I posted in that link you guided me to, so let's hope someone comes up with a solution for me!

Still hoping....... & confused.... hot
Date: May 23, 2016 07:08PM
Posted by: phantaman
(Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 24, 2016 07:55PM
hi phantaman,

I barely understand Espanol, let alone trying to see what you are explaining here!

Perhaps somtin to do with permissions?

I am still LOST with the Mod 2016 problem......

I dunno if anyone has the same problem......

Still hoping this problem can be solved please,

Thanks
Date: May 24, 2016 10:00PM
Posted by: phantaman
how far is known (which is my knowledge), no one communicated, if passed or is going through problems.
this goes to the 2015 and / or 2016 MOD... you are the 1st user reporting problems (can not install).
as I suggested earlier, reinstall all the way that I believe is the most appropriate to your case and then after download the MOD again or test the 2015 MOD.

you can also try the different solutions listed in the 1st post of this topic (below):

[www.grandprixgames.org]

on the topic mentioned above, you will realize why some users complain of problems when installing the grand prix 4 on a 64-bit operating system (in Windows 10, the hardware had unusual differences).

PS: this mod has been tested and certified in a common notebook (Samsung RV511, configuration: Intel i3 M380, 6GB RAM, video onboard Intel HD graphics) under windows 10 Home 64bit.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: June 16, 2016 08:50AM
Posted by: dustyjo
Anonymous User Wrote:

> LINKS
> ORIGINAL INSTALLER
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ZaZ_Gp4_tools.rar

Does anyone have a link to the actual original installer? This link just takes me to a RAR file with the already-installed files. No installer.

I've been trying to get CSM to work on windows 10 for hours, no progress yet.
Date: June 16, 2016 10:09AM
Click my sig, you know you want to. :-)

Date: March 17, 2017 06:17PM
Posted by: NigelLevins09
Hi,

I played GP4 regularly somewhat 10 years ago. Now, today, I tried GP4 working on my Win10 system. Had some issues, but could solve everything in the past 8 hours, except for one thing,

there seem to be serious troubles with zaz tools and anti virus software right now.

I tried every download link I could find on the web...

x) Several hosting sites have taken down the file (one German says because a "big search engine company asked for it";),
x) The file in mortal's signature gives a "Mediafire doesn't allow to download it"-like message
x) There is one host left which is [www.gp4db.com] - but here I'm getting a "network error" - I'm pretty sure that's caused either by my Windows Firewall (tried to turn it off, still network error), or by some browser settings (is there something like an "in-browser firewall"?? - I tried IE11, Chrome and Firefox), or by my Avast (I defined gp4db.com as an 'exception' from Web protection, not sure if I've done it the right way)
x) One link (I think the one here in this thread) did let me download a RAR-version. Turned out the file is 'corrupt'. Having googled the problem I'm pretty sure either my Windows Firewall or my Avast caused this corruption.

Can anyone help? Either by providing a download link, and/or by some hint how to find the right settings in Win10/Avast/Browser in order to properly extract the file?
Date: March 17, 2017 06:48PM
Posted by: Soutsen
yes, this is definitely avast problem (i'm using it as well), it sees the zaz-tools as the virus for some reason (because there was an actual virus called zaz or something as far as I concern, which was a totally different program obviously). the easiest way is to disable avast while you're installing/operating with zaz tools... well, this is how i solved this problem for me - i disable (right click/avast shields control/disable until copmuter is restarted) my avast every time when i play gp4. just don't forget to enable it after the game session is done :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 06:49PM by Soutsen.
Date: March 17, 2017 08:24PM
Thanks a lot, Soutsen, for taking your time! Glad to know now how to turn off Avast!

Unfortunately, this doesn't change a thing here. I turned both the Windows Firewall and Avast off, and downloaded the RAR-archive linked above. When trying to unpack, I get the message with 'file corrupt'.

The ZIP file on GP4DB still throws a "network error". I found out they are using Mediafire for hosting the file, so I'm pretty sure this one's not my fault, as Mediafire servers are blocking Zaz Tools.

So, any suggestions still welcome. Maybe someone can upload the Zaz Installer on another site than Mediafire? Maybe even with a different extension? In case this is against forum rules or probably violating Zaz end user agreement, please write a PM. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Strange enough, the link to the Zaz RAR-file above in the OP is also hosted on a Mediafire server. I am able to download this one, though. Still, the problem is the "file corrupt" message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 08:36PM by NigelLevins09.
Date: March 17, 2017 08:40PM
ha! looks good with another link! THANKS!!
Date: March 17, 2017 10:21PM
Okay, looks like I've got serious trouble downloading *all kinds* of RAR-files.

After another hours of trying I finally got the original downloader working. But now I can't find a working "Updated Zaz Tools" -Link. There are two RAR-files posted in the OP above. First one (mediafire) is only 135KB, second one doesn't work at all. On GP4Forever where this tutorial obviously originates, there is a third link as well (mediafire) but this also has only 135KB.

I'm pretty much stuck here and leave it for today. Still appreciate every hint :)

In my memories these things with managing GP4 tracks and mods were a bit easier. Obviously I can't even get the Zaz Tools running properly nowadays.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy