GP4 EAX environmental sound option enabled, engine reverb in Monaco Tunnel, no CTD. GPXPATCH use CPU ALL

Posted by gp4wonder 
Hi All, check my post:-
[www.grandprixgames.org]

GP4 EAX environmental sound option enabled, engine reverb in Monaco Tunnel, no CTD
Date: October 21, 2023 03:21PM
Posted by: gp4wonder [ PM ]

note the below posts are old and therefore disregard.

Edited 74 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2023 08:51AM by gp4wonder.
u sure that all these procedures are needed? :/

I normally do this ... command prompt (administrator mode) and then the "file explorer" tool.
create a folder in the root of c: \ and provide all written permissions (full control) in addition to becoming owner of that folder and then yes install all there (GP4, GPxPatch, zaz gp4 tools and other standard tools for editing ...).

performing the above is enough and you can even install on windows 10 that is about to be released in the coming days ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
cool!(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
see my initial post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2017 12:31PM by gp4wonder.
removed, as the above has been updated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2015 11:49AM by gp4wonder.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me.

The Game still crashed. :-(
Thanks, gp4wonder.

This seems to work for me! (Y)
i.e. for the first time in a very long time, was able to drive in the Sim for more than 2 hours without crashing back to desktop.

I need to carry on testing further to be 100% certain. But I am definitely noticing a huge improvement. :-)

I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect what has made the biggest difference for me is, after starting the game, making sure to Go to the Processes tab in Task-manager, right clicking on the gp4.exe then :

- Set priority to normal (experimentation required - 'High Priority' seems possibly even less prone to crashes than 'Normal Priority';).
- Set Affinity and select CPU 0, deselect all the rest.

Because I was already doing most of all the other things you suggested:
- setting to 30fps,
- Disable Antivirus/firewall, & all programs that might popup during game
- disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- run program as an administrator
- run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, etc. , etc.
- I have even been running GP4 from a special desktop folder with full-ownership/full-permissions, very similar to what phantaman had suggested:

phantaman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> u sure that all these procedures are needed? :/
>
> I normally do this ... command prompt
> (administrator mode) and then the "file explorer"
> tool.
> create a folder in the root of c: \ and provide
> all written permissions (full control) in addition
> to becoming owner of that folder and then yes
> install all there (GP4, GPxPatch, zaz gp4 tools
> and other standard tools for editing ...).
>
> performing the above is enough and you can even
> install on windows 10 that is about to be released
> in the coming days ;-)

I have relatively fairly low-spec PC: Intel Pentium J2900, 2.41 GHz, 4 GB RAM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 08:01AM by vicnsi.
vicnsi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I have relatively fairly low-spec PC: Intel
> Pentium J2900, 2.41 GHz, 4 GB RAM

Yes it is? a low-cost PC is not an impediment. early on, I had a not very powerful desktop (AMD Athlon XP, 512 MB RAM and a ATI Radeon VE 32MB AGP). and the GP4 performed satisfactorily in 22fps.

performing simple procedure (described above), you will. except in the case of any problem in the hardware (such as an insufficient power psu, for example).

in most, I tested the GP4 on a windows 10 enterprise insider preview 64bits beta build 10074 (worldwide release 29th of this month) are 72hs and except 2 or 3 bugs (from this CSM MOD and unexpected) I was successful (Y)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2015 05:58AM by phantaman.
WOW! nice looking MOD, phantaman, judging by the looks of the Force India on splash screen. is that how the car appears in the MOD? Looks amazing. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Yes, the Force India looks like this so. the more, I have to fix the bugs I spoke in the post above

Hey vicnsi Thanks You are welcome.

I've been testing things too.

If multiplayer slows down with just one cpu try cpu 0 and 1 it will run super fast
I have not had it crash on me all the time, it does happen with both cpu's but I still have success
Again Glad to have made a difference

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2015 11:45AM by gp4wonder.
Hi rookie26, what is your machine specs? Is it Intel or AMD Processor?

If it is Intel do you have hyperthreading turned off?
:( Unfortunately, further testing has shown me that occasional GP4 crashes continue to occur despite taking all the aforementioned steps.

I'm running GP4 on Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Sharing this in case it could be helpful to anyone else.

++++++++

EDIT:

Guys I am losing all hope on this problem...

I am becoming convinced beyond any doubt that the problem we have is:
as long as GP4 every so often keeps attempting to access invalid memory locations,
or protected areas of memory in Windows, the CTDs will always be a problem. :(

What we really need is someone clever enough to help us figure out a way to permanently stop GP4 from attemtping these invalid memory actions.
(Geoff Crammond, maybe? - boy, wouldn't that be awesome!!!)

I see all the other steps we are currently doing as simply trying to mask the underlying cause.

I never used to have CTDs on Windows 95 & Windows 98, or even on Windows Vista.
I am wondering if maybe it's just the zero-tolerance way in which newer versions of Windows
deal with invalid memory access violations that has made GP4 prone to crashes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 08:58PM by vicnsi.
It's an interesting thread, I use Windows 7 64bit and GP4 works great for me.
It only crashes in loading when you've been on the track once before. I always restart the game after
every race or session. I have not installed GP4 in the root drive (C:), I have it on D: instead.

However, I need to ask. Since I changed computer a couple of years ago I have not been able to run GP4
with good graphics. I've had to lower the settings for the graphics card to be able to get the game to run decent.

I think it's the processor that have made the difference here, since I have a better graphics card and more RAM now than my old one had.
My old PCs processor was a AMD DualCore 2.66Ghz (Something like that), but now I have AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50GHz. (Quadcore)

My question is, to someone who knows computers better than me, is the processor the main reason I can't run GP4 with higher graphics settings? Or is there a
magic cure?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
@SkaaningeN

Perhaps a silly question, but is the game set to use the Graphics Card, or is it trying to use the Graphics built into your APU?

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
AMD Radeon HD 6520G, what I understand this is the integrated card, this is the one choosen in the graphics settings ingame.
AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series, what I understand, this is the regular graphics card, and I can't choose this in the menus

Do somebody know?

Yep, I think I know, though it'll be a bit of guesswork from me; the laptop I play on has an Nvidia card but my desktop has one of those AMD APUs in it...but no Graphics Card.

Are you on a Desktop or Laptop?

If you're on a Desktop:

1) Do other games recognise your Graphics Card, or do they only see your APU?

If 'No' to 1:

2) Is your monitor connected to the Graphics Card, or is it connected to the motherboard?

If you're on a Laptop:

To get GP4 to recognise my Nvidia card on my laptop, I have to use the Nvidia control panel to assign the card to GP4.

AMD's equivalent of that would be the Catalyst control center, which you should be able to access from your PC's notification area.

Right click on it, and see what you can find in there.

The other option would be to right-click on the GP4.exe and look for a menu along the lines of 'Run with Graphics Processor' and then, in that menu, see if there is something about changing the default processor.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Thanks for your answer but I can't find any way to assign the other card to GP4.
Even for Windows the AMD Radeon HD 6520G seems to be standard, only when I look in device manager I can see the other card

You could try editing your cards.txt in the gp4 main directory.

Or try some of the suggestion in this thread [www.grandprixgames.org]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy