@SDI

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Re: @SDI
Date: February 23, 2015 08:49PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Ok, when it's so complicated then let it be. But I have another idea again which might be much easier to realise: Tyres manufacturer's logos for the Digital 2010 displays, maybe as an option to turn on and off. That would be great René. :-)(Y)
Date: February 25, 2015 06:28PM
Well, just another problem that's probably caused by GPxPatch: When using the digital2010 displays, in the left bottom corner there is a white F1 logo displayed. Now I had the idea to make my own logo and found the F1.tga-file in the Infogrames/Grand Prix 4/gpxdata/gfx/digital2010 folder. I backupped that file, renamed my own tga-file to "F1.tga" and put it in there instead of the original F1.tga-file. Then I started GP4 and a race, but there is still the old logo displayed. :-O Am I crazy? How could that be? How can GP4 use a file I put out of the main directory and I didn't linked to GPxPatch either? I really can't explain myself what's going wrong there. I hope you can. :(
Date: February 26, 2015 12:10AM
Posted by: Briere
I think the digital2010 style has the F1 logo encoded, so you can't change it. I hope I'm wrong though
Date: February 27, 2015 07:26PM
And why is there a F1.tga-file in the gpxdata/gfx-folder then? I hope SDI can explain that to me.
Date: February 27, 2015 07:38PM
Posted by: SDI
GPxPatch doesn't put a F1.tga in gpxpdata\gfx. It puts one in gpxpdata\gfx\digital2010, and it's not encoded or anything. It's simply used by the Digital2010 mode in GPxSAT and if you replace it this will be reflected in the game.

There used to be a GPxCInfo panel that shows a similar F1 logo. Maybe you're still using it?

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: February 27, 2015 10:45PM
Yes, of course gpxdata/gfx/digital2010, I forgot the exact path and looked it up now. And I'm using no GPxCInfo panel for the F1 logo. Well, where is then the problem?
Date: February 27, 2015 10:48PM
It's gpxpdata, not gpxdata.

Date: February 28, 2015 09:39PM
Ok. Now I put in my own logo in both folders, gpxdata (which I renamed to "SDI is great" as you might remember) and gpxpdata. But, it was so clear, I have still the original F1 logo in the game. (N):(
Date: March 01, 2015 01:16AM
Do you start GPxPatch by running the installer inst-gpxpatch4.30a.exe each time? This overrides your logo again. If yes, start it with GPxPatch.exe instead.

Date: March 01, 2015 03:39PM
Now I used GPxPatch.exe which is located on my desktop, but this didn't help either. :( Or should GPxPatch.exe be located in the GP4 main directory?
Date: March 01, 2015 04:01PM
Posted by: raceheart
nope, you can use the desktop shortcut, it's ok. could you please upload your logo here? i'd like to have a look at it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 04:02PM by raceheart.
Date: March 01, 2015 05:01PM
I think....no, because its a private logo. Private cars, private mods, private logos, I'm sorry. ;) I'm gonna make stuff for publicity too, but not before 2016 or 2017 I think.... :(
Date: March 01, 2015 05:34PM
Posted by: raceheart
Date: March 01, 2015 06:02PM
Put your logo there once more before running gpxpatch.exe.

Date: March 01, 2015 07:12PM
Now it works. Thank you! :-)(Y) I'm sorry for being so silly, it won't happen again I hope. ;);-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy