help about a new system for gp4

Posted by raceheart 
Re: help about a new system for gp4
Date: December 30, 2014 11:22AM
Posted by: raceheart
@Nick, i surely want to buy an external videocard, but my favorite one is an nvidia and not radeon ;)

@Arnaud, thank you once again for the explanation and for the tool. I'll give it a go, if i have everything up and running again. Sadly i have to wait until tuesday next week, because then there will be a check up which parts of the pc are damaged and then i can handle everything.
Date: December 30, 2014 11:29AM
Posted by: Excalibur
With pleasure, Jurgen! Hope that you will sort things out soon or that you will find a new config for a cheap price with tese informations (still good to know that 3 or 2 years old Intel proc. are still the best ) ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 30, 2014 11:36AM
i hope so too, Arnaud. Btw, it's nice to be a part of this great gpg community. A big thank you to everyone who tried to help me :)
Date: December 30, 2014 12:07PM
Posted by: NickJW
ah then have a look at the gigabyte or msi versions from the nvidia cards, you spend a little more but they are much better then normal one

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: December 30, 2014 03:50PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> About GP4, there is a trick to force the game to
> use more than 2GB (useful to reduce your processor
> occupancy) with significant improvements under win
> 7 64Bits, for example:
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Download: [www.ntcore.com]

Does this do the same thing as the 4GB patch tool that is used for rFactor exe's?
Date: December 30, 2014 06:50PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Not exactly, but that's the same idea : this one is to bypass the 2Go size file limit for 32bit systems, the one for rFactor is to bypass the 4Go size file limit for 64bit systems.

Date: January 07, 2015 12:51AM
Posted by: nileblackflame
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, Jurgen. You can't use more than 3,5Go Ram
> with 32Bits systems (Kernel 32Bits). Actually,
> Windows will handle 4GB Ram installed but it will
> only use a bit more than 3Go Ram for internal
> ressources of the system.
> So, yes, better is to use a 64Bits system (XP or
> 7) if you want to use the max of Ram.
> About GP4, there is a trick to force the game to
> use more than 2GB (useful to reduce your processor
> occupancy) with significant improvements under win
> 7 64Bits, for example:
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
When I tried to use this program, CSM threw an error saying that I had an unusable modified EXE, how do I get around this?
Date: January 08, 2015 03:03PM
Posted by: tommy90
@ nileblackflame

I've got the same problem. Has anybody a solution?
Date: January 08, 2015 08:56PM
this is the system i'm thinking about to buy and all i want to know is, would it be possible to play GP3 and GP3 2k aswell with these specs?

PCSM Haswell Gaming Machine PL – 4th Gen i5 – 8 GB RAM – 1 TB HDD – GeForce GTX 760

Elite Tower ATX, 600W Corsair 80 Plus Power Supply, Mainboard MSI Intel B58 Chipset, CPU Intel Core i5-4570 (4x 3.2 GHz), 8 GB DDR3 Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 – 2 GB, 1000 GB, Double Layer DVD, Gigabit-LAN, USB 3.0, 6 Channel High Definition Audio, Win 7 home premium 64 bit

P.S. the result of the pc crash is, that i've lost all my cars wads from the seasons 1967 - 2014, a huge amount of f1 photos (10 gb), all gp4 tracks and track packages, all the files of the seasons 1991 - 2010 for gp4, all f1c mods and other stuff for f1c, photoshop, paintshop pro and a lot of different programs. The pc crash destroyed my internal hdd and the 3 TB external backup hdd. Now i'm feeling lost and my heart is bleeding. So many lost work :(
Date: January 09, 2015 08:30AM
Posted by: soulbringer
That is horrible news mate. :( I'm so sorry.
Date: January 09, 2015 08:51AM
thank you Vladimir, i have to start from the beginning again
Date: January 09, 2015 09:44AM
Posted by: kedy89
So sorry to hear that :(

Drop me a pm if you need anything.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: January 09, 2015 09:49AM
thank you very much for the offer Toby, i'll do, if i have a new pc
Date: January 09, 2015 11:12AM
Damit ist GP3 als auch GP3 2k spielbar.

Intel hat in dieser Woche die fünfte Generation ihrer Prozessoren Präsentiert. Die werden mit sicherheit in den nächsten Wochen bestellbar sein. Falls du noch warten kannst, dann warte auf die neue Generation! Du weißt ja wie schnell Hardware alt wird, deshalb sollte man nie Hardware kaufen, welche schon alt ist. Die GTX 760 ist auch schon zwei Generationen alt. Die GTX 960 ist frisch präsentiert worden.

Meine Empfehlung:

Intel 5th Gen i5
minimum 8 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 960
Date: January 09, 2015 11:41AM
danke Tommy, ich weiß, dass es nicht sehr gut ist ältere Harware zu nehmen. Aber erstens dauert mir das alles zu lange und zweitens hab ich leider nicht die Kohle um mir die besten und neuesten Sachen anzuschaffen
Date: January 09, 2015 04:42PM
bei den Prozessoren wird es auch noch etwas dauern denke ich. Die GTX 960 soll wohl ab dem 22.01 Verfügbar sein. Preislich wird da denke ich kein großes Unterschied sein.

Die GTX 760 aus deinem vorgeschlagenen PC ( ich gehe mal davon aus, dass du das Angebot vom PC Spezialist meinst), kostet ca. 200 €. Die GTX 970 kostet ca. 300 €. Ich denke mal, dass die 960 sich dazwischen ansiedeln wird.
Date: January 09, 2015 05:20PM
Posted by: evroic
Hi Guys !!!!

Never forget to make back-up ( External HD ).

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 09, 2015 08:44PM
That's my new pc from next week on :

MB Gigabyte GA H97 HD3, ATX Thermaltake 630W Berlin 80 Plus, CPU Intel Core i5 4690 3,5 GHz Socket 1150 , CPU Fan Freezer Xtrem Rev.2 775/AM2, Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11, Samsung SSD 2,5" 840 EVO SATA3 250GB, SEAGATE ST2000DM001 HDD 3,5" SATA3 2TB, Samsung DVD SATA SH-S224DB, Gigabyte Nvidia Gforce GTX 760 2GB PCIe 3.0, Win7 professional 64 bit

@Tommy, ich hab jetzt alles was ich brauche :)

@Evandro, i've made a backup on an external hd, but the hd was destroyed, too
Date: January 09, 2015 11:08PM
Posted by: NickJW
Thats one heck of a killing pc i hope you will have a lot of fun with it!! :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: January 10, 2015 10:46AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Sad to hear about your loss. I would say "ask quickslick" but...

You may consider having a NAS for you backups : independant, secure, easy to install RAID system and not that expensive for domestic use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy