help about a new system for gp4

Posted by raceheart 
help about a new system for gp4
Date: December 25, 2014 11:49PM
Posted by: raceheart
hi guys,

as some of you may know already, my pc is blowned off and gone to nirvana. Now i'm in the need to buy some new hardware, so that i'm able to play gp4 and gp3 again in the nearest future aswell as motogp 2014 without any problems and in good quality. The problem is, that i don't have a clue, what i should buy and i hope you can help me somehow in this way. I need a new cpu (low power), a mainboard, memory (8 gb), a cpu fan (quiet), a monitor, a videocard, maybe a power unit (600 w) and a dvd drive . Furthermore i want to use xp pro again, because i don't have win 7 and don't want to buy it. The videocard should be an nvidia, but a low power version with good ventilations and good graphic performance. Another question is, is it possible to play gp3 and gp4 with directx 11? and how affect a quad core cpu on the games, especially on gp3 and gp4? because i don't want to give up the gp series. I have 700€ - 900€ to buy the hardware. Any help is much appreciated
Re: help about a new system for gp4
Date: December 26, 2014 11:12AM
Posted by: mortal
Hi Jurgen, try pc part picker and build a pc on reddit. DX11 is fine.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 26, 2014 11:50AM
thanks for the links Mal, maybe i can use them as reference and i need something in german, because i'm from germany :)
Date: December 26, 2014 01:18PM
Posted by: flying
Here is something simple I build a few months ago.
Runs great with GP4 full everything no problems
Total price even with 22" SamSung Flat screen was 450 Euros
[www.grandprixgames.org]

About Windows 7 if you want it you can download it from Microsoft directly no charge ( German versions too )
[www.w7forums.com]
If you have your old reg number after install you can use it or of course not hard to get another

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 01:22PM by flying.
Date: December 26, 2014 01:27PM
Posted by: tommy90
Da GP4 nur auf einen Prozesor Kern zugreifen kann, ist es wichtig das der Kern hoch getaktet ist. Also ein 8-Kerner, welcher mit 2 GHz pro Kern taktet ist bei GP4 langsamer, als ein 2-Kerner, welcher mit 3 GHz pro Kern taktet.

Die Frage, was in deinen Rechner rein soll, ist immer abhängig von deinem Budget.

[www.neobuy.de]

Auf der Seite hat ein Kumpel seinen PC gekauft. Die sind vergleichsweise günstig und man kann sich seinen PC konfigurieren.
Date: December 26, 2014 02:33PM
thank you very much flying for the link :)

und dir Tommy danke ich für die gute Erklärung bezüglich der Prozessor Kerne. Hilft mir schon sehr das zu wissen :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 04:16PM by raceheart.
Date: December 29, 2014 09:50AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
My specs, runs under 100% Processor Occupancy basically all the time:
- CPU: Intel 2500k(perhaps look for something newer, although it's not nearly showing its age yet.)
- GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x 3GB
- RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz - although even 4GB should be enough.

Anything equal to, or better than, that, should be sufficient.
Date: December 29, 2014 12:07PM
ok, thank you. Will have a look then
Date: December 29, 2014 12:53PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Got a similar config than Ho3n3r and it works like a charm with GP4 ( using lods_0 only, HD extures and hi-res tracks)

- Motherboard: MSI P67A GD65
- CPU: Intel 2500K Sandy Bridge, 3,3Ghz
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 TI (MSI)
- Ram: 8Go

I would like to precise that this config also works very well with the last current games...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 29, 2014 01:28PM
thank you Arnaud, is it possible to use the hardware with win xp pro aswell?
Date: December 29, 2014 05:06PM
Sure, Jurgen! I have ordered this config without any OS. I could have installed Win XP... Just that Win7 is my favourite one after XP. If you have got a 64 bits version, it would be betterand it should work without any problem...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 29, 2014 05:10PM
i only have an xp pro 32 bit version, but it's good to hear, that it works :)
Date: December 29, 2014 05:22PM
... And the I5 2500K Sandy Bridge is still considered as one of the better processor from Intel , after 3 years, even better from some actual I7, for equivalent or better perforrmances for some applications, and a better overlocking. Hope you will find it! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 05:23PM by Excalibur.
Date: December 29, 2014 08:03PM
hm, seemes like it isn't available anymore
Date: December 30, 2014 12:12AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
AMD Phenom 965 x4, video ATI Radeon (don't remember which one but 1Go memory), 8Go RAM
GP3 Ok on XP but not on Seven, GP4 Ok on Seven.

Keep in mind that if you go with XP 32bit you don't need more than 3,2 Go RAM (32bit can't use further)
...and XP is no more maintained by Microsoft, which means they don't repair security issues anymore.

Date: December 30, 2014 01:41AM
Posted by: NickJW
I suggest for the motherboard an 1150 socket if you choose Intel, that way you can upgrade it more easily because most of the intel processors are created for the 1150 socket :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: December 30, 2014 10:16AM
@EricMoinet, does it mean, that i can't use 4Go Ram on xp 32 bit? because this is the minimum i want to use. And i know that Microsoft don't support xp anymore, but i can live with it. A Radeon is not an option for me and i think i'll use an intel cpu again
Date: December 30, 2014 10:33AM
Posted by: NickJW
yeah xp only supports 4gb memory. And im wondering why you wouldn't go for an extern videocard? there not expensive anymore :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: December 30, 2014 10:56AM
Yes, Jurgen. You can't use more than 3,5Go Ram with 32Bits systems (Kernel 32Bits). Actually, Windows will handle 4GB Ram installed but it will only use a bit more than 3Go Ram for internal ressources of the system.
So, yes, better is to use a 64Bits system (XP or 7) if you want to use the max of Ram.
About GP4, there is a trick to force the game to use more than 2GB (useful to reduce your processor occupancy) with significant improvements under win 7 64Bits, for example:

Download: [www.ntcore.com]

Sorry that you can't find an I5 2500K, anymore. So, maybe you should look forward an I7 3770K, and a GTX Nvidia Geforce (even from MSI) but a TI model with more than 1Go . I think you should have a nice config with that.

Date: December 30, 2014 11:07AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
raceheart écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @EricMoinet, does it mean, that i can't use 4Go
> Ram on xp 32 bit? because this is the minimum i
> want to use. And i know that Microsoft don't
> support xp anymore, but i can live with it. A
> Radeon is not an option for me and i think i'll
> use an intel cpu again

You can have as much memory as you want but XP 32bit will use only 3,2Go. That's a technical limit. So if you plan to have only XP on your rig (and not a dual boot with something else) it doesn't worth to have more than that. 4 Go is Ok though, but with that same limit obviously.

You might consider having an external graphic card as well, they are really cheap nowadays and you can have a higher DirectX upgrade if you want to play new games. ATI or Intel is your choice of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy