GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
Interesting situation at Demon, at least I should still be in a car at the end of all this ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
It is a tough one for me too as DMR owner!
I am hoping/trying to keep my team high up in the constructors championship - that means i want the best perf rated drivers I can have in my seats. If that means Jake, so be it....

Seb and Mathew are well and truly safe in the team, for as long as they wish to be a part of it.

I would be happy to send Jake off to Snake for now, even as a temporary loan - BUT if i need him back with his decent perf for the final round or two, to try and defend our teams constructors position, i think i should have EVERY right to do so! Happy to help Snake out, but i also need to put my own team first....
Snake have had bad luck, but like all teams, they need to find those reliable drivers!

SO, Here is my deal
Legge OUT, off to Snake.
Allington IN to race seat for season remainder, pending any emergency recall of Legge!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Part 2 of "Team Owner" view on the Legge to Snake
> deal....
>
> Jake had stated he was so let down by his own
> form, he himself had mentioned the option of going
> back to the test seat - that was said within the
> thread itself, from memory! He then blindsided me
> by informing he was leaving the team, not to go
> starting his own team (which i had been prepared
> and planning for), but another race drive at a
> team actually further down the grid.
> An executive decision was then made to give Jake
> his wish, and send him to the test seat as he had
> previously expressed a wish to do so! Rewarding
> our test driver seemed the perfectly logical thing
> to do.
>

I left to join Snake for many reasons; I thought I fancied a change and would sort of start again somewhere else after what's been a disappointing season. Plus, as I'm the current activity checker, I'm checking the thread most days to make sure I'm here and active. Since Snake have suffered from a lack of activity, I figured that I'd be in a good position for the seat. Do I care whether it's a team further down the grid? I don't think it matters, and I want to help Snake get to where they should be.

I was considering stepping back down for a test seat, yes, but only for next season; I spoke to a couple of team owners about them but decided I still wanted to race, plus if I end up with a team in S11 then I might not have the chance to race for a while. So, that was a big factor too.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my time at Demon and it's been great, but I needed to do something new and I hope you accept that.

I don't want to leave the team with any animosity, but I want to help out my future team at the same time so we're not in a shitty position for next season. The only issue is with a "recall" deal is if you pull me back then that a) screws Snake out of a driver for the last couple of races and b) uses up their last driver change anyway. So, if it's like that, then someone else with no other "commitments" would have to take the role.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
About the Snake driver's situation, maybe I can be of some assistance?

Chester said hello Mal with his tail wagging but is not going near Eric, senses mistrust ;-)

I'll have to talk to my boss about it in length, but if he is happy, I don't mind stepping in for a few races, but I want to be back at TNR next season, probably in my test seat again.
Incident 2k9 Wrote:

> I was considering stepping back down for a test
> seat, yes, but only for next season; I spoke to a
> couple of team owners about them but decided I
> still wanted to race, plus if I end up with a team
> in S11 then I might not have the chance to race
> for a while. So, that was a big factor too.

Well, what a pity you didn't even talk to me about this! Could have easily accomodated this for you at Demon!
Seems this whole thing could have been avoided, had you had bothered to speak to me about it.....

Oh well, we move on. No genuine animosity from me, just disappointment....

Woohoo! Race seat! :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Wow, all kinds of shenanigans going on! Good to see it all working out hopefully well for everyone!
Sorry for late, guys. Problems, problems, problems! :(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Stoopid schrieb:
> I feel really sorry for Maikel, he has really
> struggled this season for drivers. In other
> circumstances, I would have offered to help by
> loaning Chris Hinz to drive for Snake. However, as
> he is in contention for the test championship, he
> most probably would not have wanted to leave AMR
> anyway. Also, there is a conflict of interest in
> that his main contender for the title is Maikel
> lol

Well, that would have been an epic move ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I never thought I'd see such a conflict of interests here. And people think this series isn't realistic ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
We could technically recall Carlos from ONE, only to loan him immediately to Snake for the remainder of the season, before sending him back on loan to ONE for S10 ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> We could technically recall Carlos from ONE, only
> to loan him immediately to Snake for the remainder
> of the season, before sending him back on loan to
> ONE for S10 ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Perhaps at the next Team Owners meeting, we declare all "loan" driver deals, null and void! Who you have driving for you is who you "own" and that is that! Might just take away any arguing and/or confusion..... Yes, this would effect my plans too!;)

shep34 Scritto:
> It is a tough one for me too as DMR owner!
> I am hoping/trying to keep my team high up in the
> constructors championship - that means i want the
> best perf rated drivers I can have in my seats. If
> that means Jake, so be it....
>
> Seb and Mathew are well and truly safe in the
> team, for as long as they wish to be a part of
> it.
>
> I would be happy to send Jake off to Snake for
> now, even as a temporary loan - BUT if i need him
> back with his decent perf for the final round or
> two, to try and defend our teams constructors
> position, i think i should have EVERY right to do
> so! Happy to help Snake out, but i also need to
> put my own team first....
> Snake have had bad luck, but like all teams, they
> need to find those reliable drivers!
>
> SO, Here is my deal
> Legge OUT, off to Snake.
> Allington IN to race seat for season remainder,
> pending any emergency recall of Legge!

I'm not a fan of a solution like this. It's your choice to either let him go or not, but recalling a driver just because you're worried about your wcc place sounds stupid to me, with no offence. If you think he can make a difference then just avoid to let him go.

From what I understand Greg offered himself publically. And besides him I think that the other testers should be interested in a racing opportunity (besides the ones competing for the tdc I mean).

With this said, I hope that the matter is solved as soon as possible (even if it doesn't affect next round).

My GPGSL Career
Well if Ruben jumps ship at TSM i could give up my One Racing testdrive and even stop my role as VSM Teamboss. Matteo could then takeover the managing role untill VSM closes their doors permanently...

What do you rulemakers think of that, should be legal right?

Ofcourse even then we need an ok from Tom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGSL Rd 14 Czech GP – Tester’s Free Practice

Hello and welcome to Brno, the venue of the GPGSL Czech GP. We are getting closer to the end of the season, and the current championship fight is between both MPR drivers and SCR’s Joseph Gilson. We’ll see them in action later on, as for now we have the tester’s getting ready for the free practice session. AMR’s Christopher Hinz and SCR’s Maikel De Boer will be hoping to set the best possible laptime so they can have a good chance at taking the tester’s championship lead. Will they be able to do it? Stay tuned for all the answers. So, without further ado, let’s head trackside as the RD gets ready to press the green button to get this session underway.

Weather Report

The first man out for the first group of drivers is Demon’s Jake Legge.

As such, he is the first to set a laptime.

Jalving, who is doing double duty this weekend, is unable to better Legge’s laptime.

Demon Racing owner Sheppard goes 2nd fastest to make it a Demon 1-2.

A poor lap from McGregor sees the MAC Racing owner go slowest.

Michail puts in a good laptime and slots into 3rd.

The other MAC Racing car of Cremasco goes faster.

Mills manages to go faster still.

Thomas in his Shadow manages to go 4th fastest.

Paddock goes 2nd fastest and splits the Demons.

Domenech puts in a good laptime to go 4th fastest.

De Bruyker in his One puts in a decent laptime and goes 6th fastest.

With the first group’s first run now completed, let’s check out the current standings.

Stoddart gets the second group of drivers first run underway.

He sets his laptime, but it’s only good enough for 11th fastest.

Van Smirren in the other One puts himself inside the top 10.

Hayes in the second Snake manages to go faster than the One.

AMR owner Ingers goes 3rd fastest.

De Boer goes 6th fastest, and will probably feel slightly disappointed with his lap.

Keranen in the second TNR goes 17th fastest.

13th for Hinz is not what he would’ve wanted.

O’Brien in the second SCR comes across the line, and goes almost half a second faster than Legge to take 1st with a brilliant lap.

Hunsley goes 13th fastest.

Kittleson can only manage to go 16th fastest with his laptime.

Schroder, who is making his final appearance in the GPGSL this weekend, goes 12th fastest.

With all drivers now having completed their first run, let’s check out the current standings.

Cremasco gets the second runs underway for the first group of drivers.

Thomas improves himself up to 8th.

McGregor sets a better laptime than before, and moves up from 21st to 17th.

De Bruyker improves, and moves back up to 6th.

Jalving improves up to 14th, but he’ll most likely be more focused during the full qualifying.

With the first group of drivers having now completed both their runs, let’s check out the current standings.

Van Smirren gets the final runs underway for the second group of drivers.

Hinz improves himself up to 10th, but still remains behind De Boer.

Keranen improves, but still remains at the back.

Hayes improves on her laptime, but doesn’t move up any positions.

Hunsley sets a better laptime, and moves up 3 positions.

Kittleson improves in his Shadow, but only moves up a few positions.

All drivers have now finished both of their runs, so let’s check out the final standings.

Congratulations Greg O’Brien and Southern Cross Racing, our Rd 14 free practice winners. We hope you enjoyed the coverage, and we’ll see you all back here tomorrow when we get set for the start of qualifying.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
I swear Rodrigo is sabotaging me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy