GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
Must be the snakes poison that makes all the drivers paralyzed ;)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Updated test drivers mod on 1st page.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I can not find a version of Slimtex or TexResizer anywhere that works, is someone able to send me there version please.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no problem with Dan taking the race seat.
> Maikel was/is extremely unlucky with drivers this
> season. Both Connor and Dominic seemed to be very
> reliable regarding activity, yet both of them
> retired. It's not that you can say he put drivers
> in the race seat who are known for often receiving
> activity penalties.

Seems a great idea!

Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Updated test drivers mod on 1st page.

Good to hear.

Anyone able to help me out with a link to the Brno track being used for the round?

I will sort a download link for you later tonight Greg.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Come on guys, thats not fair comments. I have been away, I have a life and health issues to deal with as well. Just returned home, ask Chester my dog, he will tell you, we have been busy

Chester?...hellooo Chester?.... :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re the Snake driver situation, and the various scenarios.
Whilst Jake has offered his services, as a team owner i wish to keep him as the plan has always been to return him to the race seat for the last 2-3 races of the season, to use his perf as a hopeful benefit in the overall constructors standings. So, with my team owners hat on, i say NO to Jake leaving early - which I think i have every right to do.
Yes, i feel horrible for Snake, hence the reason i suggested Jason to apply for the race seat there when they were in big trouble a while ago. He has helped them out nicely... But i also need to look after my own team and it's future. So, if Mr Paddock is willing, happy and allowed to go race for Snake, i say go for it.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
To be fair, with your team owner's hat on, you shouldn't have put Jake out of that racing seat only because he's leaving to another team next season. But that's only my 2 cents in this.

So, to clarify this: The first option for Snake should be to hire a test driver from another team so that we don't have to break the rules. However, if nobody is free or willing to make a decision in a reasonable time, I think we can agree that Dan can exceptionally take this seat for the remaining races.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
For me it is just a case of doing a mate a favour under difficult circumstances. I think we can all agree Maikel has been unlucky with his driver absentees.

Also, have Southern Cross had their points penalty applied yet?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> For me it is just a case of doing a mate a favour
> under difficult circumstances. I think we can all
> agree Maikel has been unlucky with his driver
> absentees.
>
> Also, have Southern Cross had their points penalty
> applied yet?

Sure, just check the tables

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
They have! Must have missed it. Aston Martin are looking uncomfortably close ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I'm disappointed to not be allowed to help Snake out; I mean, Matt's been given the race seat anyway, so if I went it wouldn't really make much difference anyway other than someone would have to cover the test seat.

Thank you for the support, John. The argument is full of contradictions anyway; if I was needed, why take me out of a race seat? It doesn't add up.

Anyway, if nobody else wishes to/is allowed to go and help Snake out, then I see no issue with Dan stepping in.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 06:10PM by Incident 2k9.
Jo-Anne écrivait:
> Come on guys, thats not fair comments. I have been
> away, I have a life and health issues to deal with
> as well. Just returned home, ask Chester my dog,
> he will tell you, we have been busy

I don't trust dogs. :-[

On the Snake thing, if Dan goes and help Maikel, which is very kind of him, there must be an amendment in the rules to prevent this being an habit for other reasons than this one. Remember the rules :
5) Team ownership
a) A team owner may not race for his/her own team.
b) A team owner may not race for another team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 12:27AM by EricMoinet.
Part 2 of "Team Owner" view on the Legge to Snake deal....

Jake had stated he was so let down by his own form, he himself had mentioned the option of going back to the test seat - that was said within the thread itself, from memory! He then blindsided me by informing he was leaving the team, not to go starting his own team (which i had been prepared and planning for), but another race drive at a team actually further down the grid.
An executive decision was then made to give Jake his wish, and send him to the test seat as he had previously expressed a wish to do so! Rewarding our test driver seemed the perfectly logical thing to do.

The powers that be, within Demon Racing are weighing up their options on what to do with this Legge situation. I assume Hayes is still in the Snake seat for this next round, then GONE. So, we do have a little bit of think music time to sort things out....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> They have! Must have missed it. Aston Martin are
> looking uncomfortably close ;)

We're catching ;)

As a fellow Dutchman I could help Maikel by making a bold move from TSM to Snake, but it's up to Tom if he agrees.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
shep34 schrieb:
> Part 2 of "Team Owner" view on the Legge to Snake
> deal....
>
> Jake had stated he was so let down by his own
> form, he himself had mentioned the option of going
> back to the test seat - that was said within the
> thread itself, from memory! He then blindsided me
> by informing he was leaving the team, not to go
> starting his own team (which i had been prepared
> and planning for), but another race drive at a
> team actually further down the grid.
> An executive decision was then made to give Jake
> his wish, and send him to the test seat as he had
> previously expressed a wish to do so! Rewarding
> our test driver seemed the perfectly logical thing
> to do.
>
> The powers that be, within Demon Racing are
> weighing up their options on what to do with this
> Legge situation. I assume Hayes is still in the
> Snake seat for this next round, then GONE. So, we
> do have a little bit of think music time to sort
> things out....

Ok, so I should take care to not get into the testseat anymore. Being a Race Driver I'm not going to switch, but can feel with Snake. If I was a Test Driver, I'd apply. So it's good for us both that you promoted me, Glen ;-)
I feel really sorry for Maikel, he has really struggled this season for drivers. In other circumstances, I would have offered to help by loaning Chris Hinz to drive for Snake. However, as he is in contention for the test championship, he most probably would not have wanted to leave AMR anyway. Also, there is a conflict of interest in that his main contender for the title is Maikel lol

Nothing against Dan, but I am uncomfortable with him racing for Snake. I am against any team owner racing for any team. It is also against the rules, which are there for a reason. Sorry guys.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 10:41PM by Stoopid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy