GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
Either way you'd have to start a new session, cause loading the save-file would keep the wrong driver error figures. You could set up the grid as it was with a Grid Tool to be found in Mal's signature. However, given what a mess both the FP results and the qualifying results have been, I'd vote for a re-run of all sessions with reduced driver error figures AND some proper testing beforehand. But that's only my personal opinion on this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I will oppose the re-run of anything and everything. We've had tons of broken tracks and races in the past and we've just pushed through; why start re-running things now?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
We have re-run sessions in the past when there were major issues. I, for example, had to re-run a full weekend once because the wrong track layout was used, which is far less severe than what we have here. Such massive gaps and such an atypical qualifying procedure show that something is clearly not right here. But again, that's only my opinion on it. The board will have to make a decision on this and until then, the race should be postponed. However, one way or another, the race should not be run with the current savegame since Greg already confirmed that he spotted unusual behaviour of the cars during qualifying.

It was when I was running the race when I saw the driver errors being made.

I was massively robbed last year, and my team in both main and a test race.

Errors are prone, I had to make do, cest la vie.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
The fact that John is starting last might also have something to do with his interest in a re-run ;)

Also shame on those criticising Greg, he's stepped up massively and kept the series ticking over. He's not cheated in the past, so why would he have any reason to do so now.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Go, Stefan, go! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Quite happy with my qualy effort.
Hoping the result stands....
I'm against doing a re-run, but agree that we shouldn't use the saved game. I will have a play with the AI errors and see if we can get this race run.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
No re-run please, although the track should be tested beforehand regarding AI errors.

Like Dan said, without Greg doing so much RD duties the tumbleweed was coming in.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm against doing a re-run, but agree that we
> shouldn't use the saved game. I will have a play
> with the AI errors and see if we can get this race
> run.

Did a test run using the saved race, and from what I saw, two of the turns were catching cars out. At least 5 went off at one of them (twice I saw at least 2 cars go off around the same time), and about the same amount went off at the other turn. I don't get why the errors I saw were happening, but it seems they were only occuring at those two corners. Other than that, the race was still good to watch, so it would be a shame for me if I have to do a re-run of qualifying.

As a team owner, YES you want the best results for your drivers, and you hope everything goes to the best you can hope for - but, isn't that the same in all things? So, if we have a race or two each season with a few wierd AI problems, that mirrors real life racing - i say let the results stand. And, i just hope my drivers don't get the crappy end of the deal - as has happened on an occasion or three in our existence!
jasonS26 schrieb:
> As a team owner, YES you want the best results for
> your drivers, and you hope everything goes to the
> best you can hope for - but, isn't that the same
> in all things? So, if we have a race or two each
> season with a few wierd AI problems, that mirrors
> real life racing - i say let the results stand.
> And, i just hope my drivers don't get the crappy
> end of the deal - as has happened on an occasion
> or three in our existence!

You're a team owner? Did I miss something? Or double profile spotted? ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I am against a re-run as well, and there is also no doubt in my mind about the RD'ing of Greg. He runs races very good imo. I do agree with Stu's idea, keep the grid but make a new save file using the grid editor on a track with reduced driver errors.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
kedy89 Wrote:
> jasonS26 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As a team owner, YES you want the best results
> for
> > your drivers, and you hope everything goes to
> the
> > best you can hope for - but, isn't that the
> same
> > in all things? So, if we have a race or two
> each
> > season with a few wierd AI problems, that
> mirrors
> > real life racing - i say let the results stand.
> > And, i just hope my drivers don't get the
> crappy
> > end of the deal - as has happened on an
> occasion
> > or three in our existence!
>
>
> You're a team owner? Did I miss something? Or
> double profile spotted? ;)

Nah, no double profile - just the same laptop used! He is very much his own man. Jason was on my laptop earlier today, and forgot to logout. I suggest a perf penalty for him! LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Yeah, I agree with Stu's suggestion. Fairest thing to do now.

Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> The fact that John is starting last might also
> have something to do with his interest in a re-run
> ;)
>
> Also shame on those criticising Greg, he's stepped
> up massively and kept the series ticking over.
> He's not cheated in the past, so why would he have
> any reason to do so now.

Sure it appears like this. And sure, I have a personal interest in a re-run. But I'd also vote for a re-run if I had a good starting position, since this is something bigger than we've experienced before, IMO. But since the majority is against it, there won't be one and I'll accept that. Nonetheless it's crucial to get this sorted out before the race is run in a fresh session.

Have to say I'm against re-running the whole event as well.

That makes as little sense as suggesting Glen's been fiddling with the perfs quite frankly.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

It was a tongue in cheek comment John, hence the smiley ;)

I figured that, Dan. But I'm sure you're not the only one who thought so ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy