F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very happy to see both guys in the top 10 - we're
> looking forward to what the race brings us :)
>
> *Mike is best-placed Indy driver? Last time I
> checked, his IndyCar career as if 2007 is
> non-existent! ;)
> /PedanticFusspotOut

Haha seems I jumped the gun a tad ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Have to admit - am slightly confused by the new GP2 team numberings - are these based off the 2005 season ran here or something? ;)

Just a thought - Twiggy, mind sending me the GP2 mod via PM? I could have a look at some of the helmets ;-)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Not bad for our drivers at the qualifying, we'll see in races.
Great result from Piquet, unfortunately Bruno didn't manage to get a higher place, but our both drivers are on the top 10 and we're very happy with that

Twigster151 Schreef:
> smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very happy to see both guys in the top 10 -
> we're
> > looking forward to what the race brings us :)
> >
> > *Mike is best-placed Indy driver? Last time I
> > checked, his IndyCar career as if 2007 is
> > non-existent! ;)
> > /PedanticFusspotOut
>
> Haha seems I jumped the gun a tad ;)

Haha love this! And it's so true and making it realistic! Keep it up ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
BMW Sauber statement

First of all we are happy with all the work we have done. Robert and Pedro did some good work and we believe the car setup will be perfect for the rest of the weekend.
However the pace, actually the lack of it, is embarassing. We certainly believe that our drivers should be in top 5 and being more than half a second behind Ferrari is not something we can be proud of. However, we are just at the beginning of a long, long season, so anything may happen. All we need now is hard work and a little luck, so our ambitious program is a podium finish on Sunday.
Honda

A satisfying practice session for Honda, we are looking forward to the qualifying.
Renault F1 Team
Schumacher's pace is looking good for the weekend.
Isport drivers Interview :
Dan Wheldon ''I hope that we'll score some points for the race''
Karun Chandhok ''a bit disapointed but i can't wait for the race''
Super Aguri

That wasn't our best showing, but still it was free practice with our test drivers. Let's hope our racedrivers will do a better job!
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> Have to admit - am slightly confused by the new
> GP2 team numberings - are these based off the 2005
> season ran here or something? ;)
>
> Just a thought - Twiggy, mind sending me the GP2
> mod via PM? I could have a look at some of the
> helmets ;-)

I rejigged the numbers in the OP to save myself the effort of having to retexture every car, although I've still to sort out the driver names and remove the 'Powered by Renault' logos if I'm entirely honest ;)

For the helmets the only one I couldn't get hold of was Wheldon's and Danielsson's which even google couldn't find, every other drivers sorted but I can send it over if you want (Y)

Also feature races has just been run and won and it was a cracker. Unfortunately it won't be a full picture or video coverage due to time constraints but I'll try to describe it as best I can ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 04:14PM by Twigster151.
ART

That was a hugely underwhelming opening qualifying session of the season.

Onwards and upwards...

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
A decent enough qualifying for BCN. Having two drivers who excelled in FR3.5 last year helps, I guess.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
DAMS

6th and 8th, good starting positions for the race. Definitely looking forward to it, as our drivers can score some good points early on.
Danielsson Wins Manic GP2 Opener

BCN driver Alx Danielsson as won the first GP2 race of the season after taking a brilliant win in the Albert Park GP2 Feature race. However, off the start it was his team mate, Alvaro Parente, who shone first after making a lightning start to lead the pack into turn 1. Danielsson followed soon after by first relieving Nakajima of 3rd place under braking for turn 1 on lap and then moved into second a lap later.

But whilst Danielsson was flying those behind struggled with Van der Garde first punting off Lapierre under braking for turn 3, who were both joined by Lapierre as the Frenchman completely missed his braking point on lap 1 before the Dutchman then also spinning off Rodriguez at turn 13 further round the lap.

Things didn't improve on lap as after dropping to 4th place Nakajima then made contact with Javier Villa on lap 2, putting both drivers well down the field whilst Pantano did the same to Valentino Rossi soon after as they too battled for 4th place, with both drivers again falling down the order.

Meanwhile up at the front the BCN drivers were flying, boasting a five second lead over 3rd placed man Albers at the end of lap 4 with Danielsson setting consecutive fastest laps. But the drama behind was not over as Danica Patrick spun at turn 10 before having to pit immediately with a throttle problem from 14th, whilst Adam Carroll's Trident car gave up the ghost as the Brit was forced to retire with an Oil Leak.

Trident's day then got worse as Zuber was also forced to retire on lap 7 with a Transmission failure, however he certainly didn't make any friends after he decided to park his car directly on the racing line before turn 9, forcing Van der Garde to take avoiding action which push the Racing Engineer man to the back of the field.

Back with the Villa and Nakajima fight, two made contact at turn 1 again with Nakajima being pitched into a spin and whilst Villa carried he, he didn't make it much further as the Spaniard had his own accident immediately at turn 3 as he outbreaked himself, hit the wall and ripped off his right front wheel.

Pantano then started to make his way back through the field, overtaking Di Grassi for 11th at turn 1 and the Chandhok a lap later for 10th at turn 9 before everyone's attention flicked back to the front as having built up a 10 second gap to 3rd, Parente's Mercedes engine decided enough was enough and failed and forcing the the Portuguese man out of the race and leaving Danielsson in a league of his own with Albers 2nd and Senna, who had had a quiet race thus far, in 3rd.

As the race continued Pantano made his way up to 8th whilst Van der Garde also picked up a throttle problem, further compounding the dreadful outing he'd had thus far. Meanwhile Minardi driver Andy Soucek, who had been quietly making his way up the field made it into the top ten after moving past Chandhok under braking for turn 3, whilst Pantano set the fastest lap before pitting a lap later for fuel.

At the front Danielsson also pitted, dropping him back to 4th and whilst Senna and Maldonado followed soon after, Albers refused to give up his lead, leaving Danielsson to make up 11 seconds in just 10 laps.

Further back Di Grassi spun out from inside the top ten at turn 1, dropping back to 12th shortly before his engine also failed on lap 27 whilst Pantano again made his way past Chandhok, except this time for 9th with an excellent move round the outside of turn 11.

Back at the battle for the lead Danielsson was taking over a second alap out of Albers ahead who was clearly struggling with tyre wear and inevitably the Dane retook his lead with a simply out breaking maneuver into turn 1 on the penultimate lap. However whilst it was also rosey for Danielsson unfortunately for Maldonado his points were cruelly taken away on the final lap as become the third driver to suffer an engine failure.

Over the line, Danielsson won the race with a comfortable two second margin over Albers who held on to second comfortably. In third and completing the podium was Mike Conway who had a very quiet but solid driver. Further down Nicolas Lapierre recovered from his first lap outing to come home 6th with Pantano a place behind as he picked up the fastest lap on the final lap of the race. Andy Soucek pulled a fantastic drive to come home 8th after starting 21st whilst Lucas Filippi will start from pole in the sprint race after coming home 5th.

Parente's engine fails in spectacular fashion

Brilliant result for Mike - absolutely thrilled with that! :) A shame Valentino didn't manage as well, but he did well considering that Parente did him no favours! ;)

*Go ahead and send me the mod - in the least, I'll be able to put Wheldon's helmet in :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 05:19PM by smoglessbutton4.
McLaren

Well done by Robert and Ryan, although we're a bit worried about the big gap to Ferrari.

@Jack: I might be wrong, but I think Rosberg should have been driving in the FP instead of Vettel.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> McLaren
>
> Well done by Robert and Ryan, although we're a bit
> worried about the big gap to Ferrari.
>
>
>
> @Jack: I might be wrong, but I think Rosberg
> should have been driving in the FP instead of
> Vettel.

By default yes he should, but John asked to have Vettel and Webber test instead :)

Isport Driver interview after Race 1 :

Karun Chandhok ''I felt that i could do even better so let's see how we will do in Race 2''
Dan Wheldon ''I'll try to focuse now about the next Race.''
DAMS press release

Unlucky race for us, 7th place from Giorgio was the best, we could achieve today. It was a great drive by him today, after that mistake early in the race. As for Javier he won't be happy that he crashed himself out of the race after having two incidents with other drivers. Not the best start for him, but it surely will get better in the sprint race. We are further down the grid now but as Giorgio showed we have a really fast car, so everything is possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy