F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
Twigster I will like to manage a team again, I was the BMW Williams manager on F1 and for personal reasons I couldn't continue, my bad I wasn't able to formally let u know my reasons but will like a shot at it again. GP2 or F1 doesn't matter.
Thanks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 02:43AM by mogotron.
mogotron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twigster I will like to manage a team again, I was
> the BMW Williams manager on F1 and for personal
> reasons I couldn't continue, my bad I wasn't able
> to formally let u know my reasons but will like a
> shot at it again. GP2 or F1 doesn't matter.
> Thanks...

Unfortunately at the moment we have no vacancies in either GP2 or F1.

I'll add you to the waiting list for now.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

So I'll be ready for my Team if we could improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 03:28PM by Bandon23.
We're quickly nearing the point at which we can start, just waiting on 1 F1 manager and 2 GP2 managers before everyone has submitted their choices.

However, as a number of you are falling foul of this, I'd like to just remind you of this section of the rules in the driver bias section:

- For 2007, managers will only be able to reallocate a maximum of 100 perf points in total per event.

I.E: Re-allocating 50 perf points to quali and 50 perf points to race skill is perfectly legal. However re-allocating 50 perf points to quali and 51 to race skill would be illegal as that would total up to 101 perf points.

For the managers who are currently falling foul of this rule, for the time being I've split the amount of perf points you've specified equally over both skills, however if you wish to change this send another pm.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mogotron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Twigster I will like to manage a team again, I
> was
> > the BMW Williams manager on F1 and for personal
> > reasons I couldn't continue, my bad I wasn't
> able
> > to formally let u know my reasons but will like
> a
> > shot at it again. GP2 or F1 doesn't matter.
> > Thanks...
>
> Unfortunately at the moment we have no vacancies
> in either GP2 or F1.
>
> I'll add you to the waiting list for now.

ok thanks..
Parente Tops Rain Soaked GP2 Practice

Nakajima on his way to second overall

As the start of the long awaited Formula One season nears it was the newly revived GP2 series which paved the way for the big guys down under in Melbourne Australia. With little to no testing prior to this event everyone was eagerly waiting to see who would be the front runners of the feeder series, however a heavy rain storm just moments after the green flag fell, meaning all meaningful running was limited to just under five minutes, robbed them of this opportunity. On track it was BCN Competition who lead the way with Alvaro Parente finding four tenths on second placed driver Kazuki Nakajima, however with times set later in the session being around 11 seconds slower than Parente's, it is unclear as of yet of who will be strong in quali. Further down the field Dan Wheldon showed promise ending up third after making the switch from Indy Car, however Mike Conway was unable to produce a similar result after taking to the track as conditions worsened. Meanwhile Valentino Rossi could only manage 16th on his single seater debut.

Next up! F1 Free Practice!

Enormous gap between 16th and 17th :-o

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Excellent stuff from Alvaro! A shame for Alx, I'm sure he'd be up there too had he not been caught in a sudden downpour...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ferrari Leading the Way as 2007 Kicks Off

With the rain storm that plagued the earlier GP2 session well out the way it was time for Formula One to return to the track for free practice ahead of the Australian Grand Prix and it was clear early on that Ferrari had the upperhand. First it was Alexander Wurz who topped the time sheets on his first timed effort with team mate Massa just behind, both with a four tenth gap to last seasons runner up Robert Kubica. As the session went on Massa eventually edged out his new testing mate, post a low 1:24 to go into qualifying as the quickest man in Melbourne whilst Wurz had to make do with second. Further down the field Vitaly Petrov showed a great turn of pace, ending up best of the rest in thrid, Ryan Bricose - who often went well last season in free practice - struggled to adapt to Raikkonen's new McLaren and ended up 12th fastest whilst Toyota also struggled, languishing in 14th and 16th. Next up, our final session of the day GP2 Feature Race Qualifying

Red Bull statement to FP

"Well, that was a very disappointing first test. But we kind of expected it, to be honest. Most of our efforts went into the reliability of the car, which was one of our major drawbacks last season. You know the saying: It's easier to make a reliable car fast than the other way round. Probably we will have a tough qualifying session, too, simply because we lack the power at the moment. But hopefully the reliability will help us in the race. And Ferrari has shown that their engine is working well. We're still new with them and still have to learn quite a bit about this engine, but overall we think it was a logical step to switch to Ferrari and form a unit with our sister team Torro Rosso."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Toro Rosso
Both drivers have show excellent speed here in the practice session which boads well for qualifying and the race, when the regular race drivers will step back in the car.
Vitaly and Nick both have a chance of stepping up to the race seats in upcoming events if their performances continue to be strong and either Rubens or Franck fail to deliver.
Team owner Chris Burland expressed his satisfaction with how the off season had gone, and is quoted as saying "simulation results suggest that we have one of the strongest packages on the grid this year, and a wealth of options on the driver front. Todays practice result confirms our belief in our package and the team we have developed.
We hope that Red Bull can get over the their teething problems with the awesome Ferrari powerplant."
Durango

Lucas did well at the FP, Danica was unlucky to only go to the track when it started raining, but our team is confident they will perform well at both the quali and the race
DAMS

I don't really know what to think of that result. 12th and 13th is midfield, but we could be further behind as 6 drivers didn't set a proper time. We'll see what qualifying brings us.
David Price Racing
An unfortunate result - it's safe to say that we were caught out by the changing conditions, and as it impacted our setup, this weekend could be a long one...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Ferrari

Great result to start the weekend with, it gives us something to build on. We will be fighting for the pole position!

PS. Great to see the series underway again :) Thank you all for all the time you are putting into it!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Williams F1

"We had some issues with the new engine. We hope to recover in time for the race."

My GPGSL Career
Trident Racing

Good start for the season, as Adam came up on 4th and Andreas on 11th with good conditions on these tires.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 08:17PM by Bandon23.
Spyker

Pretty damn good, looking forward to qualifying!

I'd also like to express good fortune to Super Nova, as they were my GP2 team in 2005 before I moved up to Jordan the same year. Give 'em hell boiiisss.
Albers Heads Arden 1-2 in Second-First GP2 Qualifying

With the storm from free practice long gone, the GP2 teams finally got the chance to stretch their legs at Albert Park. However it didn't take long to see who was on top with Christijan Albers immediately dropping down into the 1:38's on first effort, and effort that would not be matched for the remaining 30 minutes. It also didn't take long for Arden team mate to line up alongside his elder, with the Japanese man posting strong times throughout the session but ultimately missed out on pole. Meanwhile rain master Alvaro Parente showed that his pace in the morning was more than just a fluke after putting his BCN machine 4th, Dan Wheldon was the best placed Indy Car driver in 16th, Rossi and Senna will make up the 5th row and both Minardi machines will start from the last row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 12:02AM by F1_Manager.
Very happy to see both guys in the top 10 - we're looking forward to what the race brings us :)

*Mike is best-placed Indy driver? Last time I checked, his IndyCar career as if 2007 is non-existent! ;)
/PedanticFusspotOut

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy