F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
Interesting how people value the 'average' here. Looking forward to all the complaints when the Merc engines blow up one after the other ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting how people value the 'average' here.
> Looking forward to all the complaints when the
> Merc engines blow up one after the other ;)

Glad I'm not the only one ;)

In other news the F1 mod is now compiled and in my inbox (thanks Tobi (Y)) and I've received the second round of GP2 bids from everyone apart from BCN and Arden.

So I'll drop those two teams another pm to ask them to get a move on but if I don't hear from them in the next two days I'll start the Melbourne weekend without them as the F1 managers have had to wait long enough as it is.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I'll be happy to put my hat in the ring just in case these other guys don't show up...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> I'll be happy to put my hat in the ring just in
> case these other guys don't show up...

That's fine by me Jake.

Just send us your buys and I'll add you in if I don't hear from the other two :)

Any preference for BCN or Arden?

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I don't mind either way, BCN if I had to pick one I guess!

EDIT: Things have been sent.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 11:14PM by Incident 2k9.
Will be interesting to see the bugdet and driver contract situation of the F1 teams, as I have no idea about the contract length of my drivers ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> Will be interesting to see the bugdet and driver
> contract situation of the F1 teams, as I have no
> idea about the contract length of my drivers ;)

Don't worry too much about it Tobi, I was planning on sending you all a reminder of your currently contracted drivers along with your team rankings later today ;-)

Also all GP2 bids are now in so they'll be coming later today as well and thankfully this time we've actually got a complete grid!

Meanwhile Jake will take tarikneziric place as BCN manager as whilst he's read both PMs I've sent him he hasn't replied to either so it's his loss.

The Melbourne weekend will be starting Monday next week EDIT: More like next Friday ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2014 12:05AM by Twigster151.
Bring it on!
GP2 Driver News

Kazuki Nakajima - Arden - £3.4m
Christijan Albers - Arden - £3.5m

Alvaro Parente - BCN - £3m
Alx Danielsson - BCN - £3m

Nicolas Lapierre - ART - £3m

Javier Villa - DAMS - £3m

Dan Wheldon - iSport - £3m

Andreas Zuber - Trident - £4m

Final Budgets

That completes the GP2 lineups meaning we're ready to go! PMs will be sent out shortly to let you buy any upgrades you wish, choose you preferred driver as well as your tyre compound of choice (Y)
Everyone should have received their team rankings by now, any questions please just ask.

Also forgot to mention in some of the first ones I did but for the F1 managers if you have any drivers on multi year deals, their salary for this season has already been deducted from your current budget.

I'll also publish my choices here so there's no sneaky behind the scenes ninja-ing going on ;)

Quali BHP Upgrades: +3
Race BHP Upgrades: +7

Preferred Driver: Andy Soucek
Perf Points to Re-Allocate: 100 Race Skill

Preferred Tyre Compound: Hard Compound

Trident Racing

We are pleased to announce our drivers lineup for GP2 Season are Adam Carroll and Andreas Zuber with our partners Mercedes and AP Racing (If I am correct that I am selling Ferrari engine for average), drivers could be able to fight for top positions but they believe it will.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 09:08PM by Bandon23.
Slightly worried now - paying the price for more expensive supplies and *wasting* £1.5m on the drivers, hence we have to look at things pretty conservatively ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Before I submit my choices for the first race I have a question:
Is it correct that we'll only get money for the WCC and nothing else? That definitely will have an impact on what I choose :D

Also I'd love to see it, if you Jack wouldn't publish your decisions before everyone else. A big thank you that you're playing with open cards, obviously to be save of cries of foul, nontheless it's not at all natural (hope that makes sence in English... :D).
Still even if you didn't do that I'd trust you to play things fairly, I'd never be suspicious that anything could be foul on purpose. Sure you have the advantage of knowing everyones performance but you also have a lot of work keeping both series alive.
Exactly this is what I'd like to propose. Given the full trust, you hopefully have of all managers, would it be possible that you decide what strategy you want to use before sending the PMs to us other managers (like it was done for this weekend) and keep your strategy for yourself, not changing it for any reason? That way you wouldn't be affected by other managers' decisions and we wouldn't be by yours. Also when bidding for drivers' it may be more intelligent to bid for the drivers first, then let everyone bid as well. It didn't matter this first time because every driver has the same statistics but it may change things in the future because you'll know who has already bid how much. If you want to get a driver who already was bid for, you have 3 options: Bid for him as well and a bit more, leave him and get another driver or bid the exact same amount. This could render some very bad situations which my proposal shouldn't (I wanted to say wouldn't but can I say for sure?).
That would be my proposal. Please don't see this as bad critics, I absolutely trust you and have really big respect for the series that you keep alive and running. Also I can perfectly live with the way it's done right now cause we are playing a game. Just a thing I thought I should write at the beginning.
Greetings
Sebastian
DAMS press release

We are happy to officially announce Giorgio Pantano and Javier Villa as our two drivers for the season 2007. With our strong partners at Mercedes and AP Racing we hope to deliver strong results and regularily fight for top positions. Giorgio and Javier are very strong and will give their best in our GP2-cars, technologically up-to-date and ready to be released.
As long as noone puts any details in the headings of the pms there shouldn't be any problem at all. Jack will see who has send offers without opening the pms, and thus doesn't know any details when he makes his bids. Also, as every gp2 driver has the same perf atm, everyone can calculate the perfs of all gp2 drivers during the season. As for the strategies, budgets are on the first page, so every gp2 manager knows what the others could buy for car upgrades. Regarding the race strategies it's the same as before, as long as you don't write any infos in the heading of your pm, he won't know anything about it until he opens the pm to update the perfs.

Edit: Jeez, so many spelling mistakes ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 09:11PM by kedy89.
Isport Drivers has been announced : Karun Chandhok and Dan Wheldon.The team and the drivers can't wait for Melbourne.
Suggestion for jacks perfs. Could he post them using spoiler tags, then if people don't want to see them they don't have to, but we know that they've been made public.

Just a thought
I appreciate that me publishing my buys may seem a little over the top. I'm happy with using spoiler tags to be honest as I think that's the best solution, although considering it took nearly two hours to format all those PMs I doubt I'd even have the time to cheat if I wanted to ;)

For bidding for drivers I think Sebastian's suggestion makes sense, of course it didn't matter this time round as every driver had the same perf but for future negotiations I'll send in my bids early :)

Also as I've been asked this by quite a few managers now any car upgrades you buy will carry over into future events, they're not just for one weekend (Y)

Just a quick announcement.

Deadline for replying to your team ranking PMs will be Midday Wednesday. The vast majority of managers have replied but still waiting on a few replies. Also like to take this opportunity to announce how the race weekends will be uploaded, I'm planning to stick to this schedule:

Day 1:

1 - GP2 Free Practice

2 - F1 Free Practice

3 - GP2 Qualifying

Day 2:

1 - GP2 Feature Race

2 - F1 Qualifying

Day 3:

1 - GP2 Sprint Race

2 - F1 Race

If everything goes well, I should be able to start uploading results on Friday.
Durango

Danica Patrick and lucas Di Grassi were announced as Durango drivers, and we're quite happy with them, Lucas is an amazing driver, and Danica is the fastest woman in the sport, we hope they can achieve great things this season
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy