Odd texture issue when installing the 2001 helmets/Arai 2006 shape into the the original Wad

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
This is supposed to be Coulthard with that Helmet with the flag of Scotland on it

I keep on getting this issue in regards to installing the 2001 helmet pack, regardless of resolution of the tex packs it keeps doing the same thing. Can this be remedied?

The top of the helmet on all of the drivers seems completely off. I used the Arai 2006 helmet shape as I was following the old 2001 thread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 02:32AM by JasonJarvis1988.
I think the mapping changed between the 2004 and 2006 helmets, and I use the 2004 Arai with the 2001 helmets, assuming you mean the pack by Iceman-Kimi, kizz and Panky. So you'll probably need to revert to 2004 shapes
You need the ARAI 2005 shape for these helmets to work, not 2006 :)
If you want to use the 2006 shape, you need to convert every helmet for that shape Im afraid

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
I used the 2004 helmet shape as I couldn't find the 2005 one and it works a charm. (B)

Thanks for the help!
here is the ARAI 2005 shape if you want to try it :) : [www69.zippyshare.com]

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
It's a mapping issue as alluded to above. The mapping of the visor and helmet lid on the 04-05 helmets is different from that of the 06 shape.

Try the 05 shape that Eric has provided above, it's the same that I use in my 2001 cars wads.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Thanks for the link Eric, I didn't have the 2005 Arai on my HDD and couldn't find it anywhere lol :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy