Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
incase you need some old logos for Reims, i've found an interesting link with a lot of very old roadside advertising logos

[www.elve.net]
Thanks! :-)(Y)
Re: Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG
Date: August 18, 2014 04:59AM
Posted by: TomMK
Great to see a new track builder on the scene! Here a few files I made that may help: [www.dropbox.com]

The zip contains a menu trackmap .gpi file, settings .ini file, loading screen .bmp file and a Magic Data .md3 file.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Thanks! Great files. (Y) I already realized I made a mistake because in my version there are 60 laps to go but 1960 there were only 50 laps, and I think that's enough. I will change this for the next version of Reims. :-)
Re: Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG
Date: August 18, 2014 01:44PM
Posted by: TomMK
No problem. I recommend always using CMagic to insert the .md3 Magic Data file into the .dat. I always have problems when using GP4Builder's Magic Data feature.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
How can I extract a .dat-file? :-O
Always a delight to see another classic track released for GP4, thank you!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
After driving a few laps on my testversion-track of Reims, I decided to go on working on the track soon. Just one basical question: The track has already been made for GP3 - is it possible then to open that files and to use textures from there? That would be much less work then. Unfortunately I can't find any tex-files there.... :((N)
no, it isn't possible to use textures from gp3, because they are to small
They are to small? :-O And what is displayed then when playing GP3?
i mean they are to small for gp4, because of the sizes ;) in gp3 the textures are ok. But for gp4 you'll have low res textures then ingame
How low res? Very bad low res or just a bit low res?
i'd say very bad
I want to try it anyway so tell me how to do it! :-)(Y)
sorry i have no clue
Anyone else?
Textures are not in the same format : in GP3 they are in JAM format while in GP4 they are in TGA (or is it TEX ?)
You maybe could convert them but I'm not sure if a tool exists for that. And as said raceheart quickslick they are in a low res type.

It is tex in the wad, but you paint on them in tga.
Is here anyone who can tell me how JAD- or JAM-Files are created and opened? Or shall I ask there in the GP3-forum?
Have a look at JamEditor in download GP3 section

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy