no option to extract wad

Posted by SHEEPY 
no option to extract wad
Date: March 20, 2014 10:02PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
hi all getting back into gp4 just installed zaz tools and associated easywad, but when i right click theres no open to extract to dir :(
Re: no option to extract wad
Date: March 20, 2014 10:42PM
Posted by: Briere
Hi James, as easy as it sounds, have you tried rebooting your PC ?
Date: March 20, 2014 10:45PM
just bout to do that now -_- be embarrassed if it was just that haha

edit: just done a restart and full reinstall of gp4, when i goto install patch 9.6 it already says gp4 is patched, and still unable to extract wad files :( but the cars in game have missing textures, is there a way i can get rid of every trace of gp4? to fully reinstall?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2014 11:02PM by SHEEPY.
Date: March 21, 2014 01:28AM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Hi SHEEPY :-)

As far as I know, all of GP4 install files are in one folder... (Grand Prix 4)
Try checking the f1graphics.cfg file to see if anything is in order, maybe also check your Graphics Card settings for GP4 :-)

Date: March 21, 2014 10:26AM
Posted by: quickslick
@James, open your regstry editor, go to HKey_Local_Machine\Software and search for the Infogrames folder. Make a backup of the registry entry from this folder and after this, delete the whole Infogrames folder. This should do the trick about the patched gp4 message and if i'm correct you can use zaz tools again
Date: March 21, 2014 11:51AM
looked in the regeditor and cant find the gp4 folder.

even on fresh installs theres white cars and for some reason got 2009 tv overlays :S
Date: March 21, 2014 12:13PM
Posted by: quickslick
the white cars are f1graphics related. You have to edit the lines in your f1grapics.cfg like below :

1 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)

0 ; Texture quality : 0 => max 2 => half 4 => qtr 8 => eigth

1 ; Increase car texture quality (1 on, 0 off)

1 ; Enable AdvancedCarShader v2

2 ; [MAIN VIEW] Texture filter quality (0 => none, 1 => point, 2 => bilinear, 3 => anisotropic, 4 => flatcubic, 5 => gaussiancubic) v3

0 ; TV style overlays on track cameras.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 12:15PM by quickslick.
Date: March 21, 2014 04:59PM
Posted by: hasbriale
There used to be some application called GP4 Master.. Might have used that to extract a wad .. ;)
Date: March 21, 2014 05:23PM
managed to extract the wad by opening it via easywad then extracting it via that, but still got a problem with the mclaren being white and patch 9.6 still sayin gp4 already patched.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy