> done.
>
> Just please, stop running this community through
> the mud and keep it friendly! I visit this page
> almost daily, and hate seeing the @#$%& that's
> been happening here. As Lez said, if you need to
> fight, do it via PMs!

Eric,
I have to agree with your last words. Wait and see.
However let me write a last post in this thread.

No error!! I don't speak about release/No release/Delay etc....that's not a matter... I simply don't care.

I speak about the fact that the only "contribution" of this guy at our community has been to:

- show a job which was for me a lack of respect at the whole community and mainly at all the modders who, since this old game is modded, always tried to set and keep a minimum level of quality.
May be he thought that for a old game, screewed and stretched textures, shape grossly edited were enough ?
I said in a polite way what I was thinking... and now reading one of his above post, he names me a dick? How could I stay friendly.

- say that Arnaud's MAcca and F14 were converted/leeched... stupid accusation

- be really arrogant with some guys who are keeping this game alive since several years.(Arnaud again, Heikki, Lez, etc...)

Now he tries to explain why he delayed so often his release. Who care? but at least it highlights that he has only a limited knowledge of GP4 standard.
- He speaks about features more related at rfactor than GP4... OK, why not but not useful here....
- He doesn"t plan to do any lower lods and prefers to decrease the size of the textures??? Does he know that GP4 has not only high/medium/low but has the chance to have 5 levels from lod0 to lod4.
and that's easy to do with a minimum of skill. Does it mean you should get some files not fully ready to be imported in game... It may explain why he posted only renders.
-etc..etc.... I could continue like that with other examples but i am not going to list it" in detail as it`s all pretty boring....."

So, yes, I will shut up from now, but I would love to see this guy stops to give us more lessons.

I was hoping that we deserve it..., at least.... ;-)

Ciao. End of the story

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 11:25PM by gezere.
Re: Genesis 2014 G1 Cars.
Date: June 23, 2014 11:48PM
Posted by: genesis1966
dick does not know what shut you cakehole means.......

the cars were never intended for gp4....as I mentioned many threads ago they would be unlocked files and would be able to convert to any format.
the cars were made for rfactor leagues not gp4....is that an issue dick?

as for keeping the game alive.....good one!.....nice to see you can still blow your own trumpet!.....in reality it`s probably only a handful of die hards that are still using gp4.....the forums are hardly rocking...
the thing that you overlook is maybe just maybe your anal attitude will end up keeping these forums to low numbers.....

i had someone contact me via pm asking for information on 3d software.....imagine I give him advice, he then builds a model...then some dick like the above comes along and slags it off....do you think that will encourage him further?,,,what you might think is contructive is actually destructive...and you wonder why people don`t bother....try being helpful instead of making out only you and your bum chums are it...because one day you will probably find out you are the only muppets left here!....

as the lady says....wait until silverstone...then you can revert to being a pottymouth.

gen.
Date: June 24, 2014 01:22AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
genesis1966 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dick does not know what shut you cakehole
> means.......
>
> the cars were never intended for gp4....as I
> mentioned many threads ago they would be unlocked
> files and would be able to convert to any format.
> the cars were made for rfactor leagues not
> gp4....is that an issue dick?
>
> as for keeping the game alive.....good
> one!.....nice to see you can still blow your own
> trumpet!.....in reality it`s probably only a
> handful of die hards that are still using
> gp4.....the forums are hardly rocking...
> the thing that you overlook is maybe just maybe
> your anal attitude will end up keeping these
> forums to low numbers.....
>
> i had someone contact me via pm asking for
> information on 3d software.....imagine I give him
> advice, he then builds a model...then some dick
> like the above comes along and slags it off....do
> you think that will encourage him further?,,,what
> you might think is contructive is actually
> destructive...and you wonder why people don`t
> bother....try being helpful instead of making out
> only you and your bum chums are it...because one
> day you will probably find out you are the only
> muppets left here!....
>
> as the lady says....wait until silverstone...then
> you can revert to being a pottymouth.
>
> gen.

comon man, why are you insulting me? Have I said anything wrong?
Im trying to lay this to rest! 90kg hockeyplayer and you call me lady? Do you want people to respect you at all around here?

The GP4 community is not as big as it used to be and that's why we should stop fighting. Im still playing and editing the game
with all the awesome files released for this game and Im grateful that people around here have been giving their time to create more stuff
every year. The GP4 community does not need more cracks between members, that often leads to people leaving us.

Mortal, if you are reading this I would suggest that the thread gets locked until Silverstone weekend so this goes away. Hopefully you agree

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 01:32AM by SkaaningeN.
Date: June 24, 2014 01:57AM
Posted by: genesis1966
ooops...sry fella...a typo!....like the lad said....
took me a few reads to know what you were on about!......now i am stuck with the vision of a 90kg bird with a beard and red dress!....is red your color?

i think we are all adults here, so posting comments should be left open...insulting has not over stepped any boundaries....just chewing the fat....don`t think i am going to hurt my knuckles over a 3d model!!!!....
and besides...whatever happened to freedom of speech!....

if i can get the stuff finished before silverstone then i will release the pack....i gave that time so i am not gonna let folks down again and to make the changes needed for decent fps.....

as stated, other cars are already out there, some good, some not so.....but enough to make up a full grid and enjoy the racing...if i am honest the graphics are fine, but after a few races they go un-noticed.....yet the gameplay AI...that is where the real fun is had.....and all can be done in a simple text/batch file..or some simple hex editing......it is an area I hope to work on more in the future with mod builders.

gen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 01:59AM by genesis1966.
Date: June 24, 2014 11:55AM
Posted by: mortal
This thread has been closed. genesis1966 is now banned from posting on this site until 6th July 2014.
If I see a post by genesis1966 it will be deleted and further membership of this site will be denied.
Membership of this site is not a right, it is a privilege. I only have one requirement, that users treat each other with the respect and dignity that they deserve.
It is also a good idea to engage the brain before using the keyboard. Most of the members of this site have been here long enough to be well aware of my point of view anyway. That is all I have to say on it gentlemen.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy