Missing binkw32.dll

Posted by mortal 
Missing binkw32.dll
Date: November 02, 2013 09:49PM
Posted by: mortal
There's been a couple of posts mentioning this recently.
I recall a post on this some time back but I'm so far unable to find it, maybe someone knows of the fix for GP4.

As far as I know, the missing bink error is not the fault of the dll file itself, and it is unusual for the codec to be corrupt, particularly after an installation.

Possible causes: Incorrect installation of v9.6 patch, incorrect decyrypted exe.

Untested possible fixes are: copy the dll to C:/windows/system and or: remove the video files from the game dir.

gpx_patch: check box enabled: Skip intro, Skip start-up menu. cpu 0, debug on, vebosity medium.

Please post any information you have and I'll pin this to the FAQ for future reference. Thanks.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 10:07PM by mortal.
Re: Missing binkw32.dll
Date: November 02, 2013 10:36PM
Posted by: georgibg
Usually the solution is to download this dll file and place it into the main game directory.

The other way is the solution provided by you.

The old classics will be always better than the newest games.
Date: November 02, 2013 11:00PM
Posted by: mortal
Download Rad Tools here.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 03, 2013 09:48AM
Posted by: TomMK
It also seems to happen when running the game in a VM. Solution: don't run the game in a VM.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: November 03, 2013 10:13AM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It also seems to happen when running the game in a
> VM. Solution: don't run the game in a VM.

VM ?

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: November 03, 2013 10:17AM
Posted by: TomMK
VM = Virtual Machine. For example, VMWare or MS Virtual Machine.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 29, 2022 04:01PM
Posted by: 8613F_Haris
Hello

I think it may have something to do with not restarting the computer after installing.

Yesterday I did this mistake, launching the game right after installing it. And the game threw this error. So I reinstalled the game, this time restarting the computer afterwards. And it's running perfectly fine now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2022 04:02PM by 8613F_Haris.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy