GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Excellent, closing the gap on Chris with 3rd :)

Well, I like that track...
5th is a great position given I drove this track for the first time. So I'm happy.

In other news MSC is going to race Jerez. Anyone else thinks, Rodrigo should hop into a race seat just for this one race?
Good job by our testers. Lets hope that we can use all the informations to drive out a good result for Snake at the race. :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
19th and 21st for the team, hhhm, it's not starting well...
7th and 13th.. Not where we were hoping to be! Not I have to show the real pace of MPR in qualifying

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Not a bad pair of results, now we've just got to get ready for quali and hope there's enough in the tank for a top-5.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 09:19PM by Incident 2k9.
Not a bad result for TSM - Our testers are doing us proud this season, so far :)

Re: GPGSL S9 R5 Spanish GP - Jerez
Date: March 30, 2014 12:56AM
Posted by: racingstefan
Great to so Rico in second, let's hope Carlos and I are able to do as well as he did.

Ferrari2007 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's my job to pinch other people's drivers :)
>
> As Stefan can probably attest to, having signed
> first Charrel, and then John from ART a few
> seasons back.
>
> We also kind of technically own Carlos... ;)

Yes, I remember grrrr :-(

But you own Carlos? I hope you're not talking about slavery...

;-)

Demon Racing Press Release - New full time race driver announcement

Prior to qualifying at Jerez, the GPGSL media were invited to the Demon Racing motorhome's top floor, opposite the pizza oven, just next to the luxurious pool and hot tub full of Spanish beauties....

Demon Racing proudly announce the signing of our new race driver, Sebastian Nell.

Sebastian has been with the team from our first day, doing pre season testing prior to the Season 8 kickoff, and has filled one of our test driver roles through the entire S8 and these early stages of Season 9 of GPGSL.
Team Boss Glen Sheppard commented "Sebastian has shown great faith and loyalty in the direction the team is heading, and we as a team want to reward him for his patience. It has not been all that easy in his first full season as a test driver, driving one of the slowest cars to start with. But, he has shown he is capable, and it is our job to provide him with the equipment to show his true speed and talent. That is what we intend to do, moving ahead in GPGSL."
The sudden departure of long time GPGSL competitor Zsigimond Somogyi has forced Demon Racing to make some unexpected driver changes, but we believe Sebastian will be a very good replacement for Zsigimond.

Sebastian Nell,gave team boss the following statement :
"It's always sad to see a driver leave so abruptly, Zsigmond, I wish you the best whereever you're heading.
That being said, I'd like to thank Glen for the opportunity to show my speed for the remainder of the season. I'm very happy that I'm going to race some of the best drivers in the GPGSL, with a car that improves from race to race. Being realistic I expect to struggle at first but hopefully we can bug the established teams in a few races."

The test driver seat vacated by Sebastian is yet to be filled, but Demon Racing have had numerous enquiries from many drivers. We are hopeful of announcing the successful and extremely lucky candidate, in the near future....

And with these statements read to the gathered masses, the exit door was shown, with slices of pizza handed to all as they left....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPGSL S9 R5 Spanish Grand Prix - Jerez

Official Free Practice Results

After the official presentation as the new Demon race-driver, Sebastian was found eating pizza somewhere secluded in the paddock of Jerez circuit. Looking like he'd rather eat the pizza than answer questions by the reporters he turned to them and gave another statement:

"You wouldn't expect it, but it's been a difficult week for me at Demon Racing. I always was a loyal testdriver and would support Jake and Zsigmond where I can while getting better and better in the car. Suddenly Zsigmond is retiring after Jerez and the door is wide open for me to become the new race driver, to drive in the worlds' elite together with Jake. I had already settled to be the 3rd driver for quite some time, driving a lot, developing both the car and myself, now I'm taking over from Zsigmond and drive in the championship for Demon. That should be the reason to be extremely happy but at the same time I am sorry for Zsigmond that he has to end his career this way. I always had the team in mind and would favour their interests over mine. That's why I'm not absolutely happy, it surely wasn't the best week for Demon Racing.
On the other hand this is gotta be an important chance in my career. I first joined Scala GP in Season 7 and already drove my first two races those season. It always was clear for me that I'd get into a testers' seat for Season 8, which would be with Demon Racing. Scored my first podium that season, other than that I happily drove in the midfield and knew I wanted to improve together with the Demon. With the fastest time in Suzuka and the 5th place in Jerez we achieved that goal impressively. While the other results were worse than "meh", being unlucky in Malaysia wheather-wise, I can't say I'm unhappy with what happened so far. Now I am to show that I can drive in races as a fast contender and bring the Demon into the points a few times. Thanks to Glen and the whole Demon Racing-team that you support me so much, I only hope I can prove that you have taken the right decision."

When Nell finished talking, those reporters who hadn't fallen asleep were sent away and the driver proceeded to eat some pizza.

EDITs were used against crappy grammar ^^

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2014 03:10PM by xSilvermanx.
Great, Van Smirren!!! Excellent second place!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Hm, only just realised that I've dropped to 3rd in the standings now thanks to Rico having the trio of podiums.

By my reckoning...

1 Hinz 41
2 van Smirren 37
3 Kittleson 37
4 Stoddart 30
5 O'Brien 27
6 Thomas 26

Diax F1 Schreef:
> Hm, only just realised that I've dropped to 3rd in
> the standings now thanks to Rico having the trio
> of podiums.
>
> By my reckoning...
>
> 1 Hinz 41
> 2 van Smirren 37
> 3 Kittleson 37
> 4 Stoddart 30
> 5 O'Brien 27
> 6 Thomas 26

You're welcome :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Diax F1 schrieb:
> Hm, only just realised that I've dropped to 3rd in
> the standings now thanks to Rico having the trio
> of podiums.
>
> By my reckoning...
>
> 1 Hinz 41
> 2 van Smirren 37
> 3 Kittleson 37
> 4 Stoddart 30
> 5 O'Brien 27
> 6 Thomas 26

Wow, that would mean I only lost one point. Many thanks to Stu for pushing everyone one place down in the order by winning the fp!

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
15th isn't brilliant but isn't awful either I suppose, especially considering I didn't have a boost. Oh well, onwards and sideways as they say.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL S9 R5 Spanish Grand Prix - Jerez

Qualifying

Welcome back to Jerez for the qualifying session to decide the starting grid for tomorrow's Spanish Grand Prix.

McCarthy is first out of the pits.

Next up is Brunner in his Snake, 0.122 secs behind in 2nd.

Gilson smashes the time set by McCarthy, over half a second faster.

Steer takes 2nd less than a tenth down.

Kederer must have had an off somewhere, he is way off in 5th, 2 seconds off the pace.

Van Renselaar takes 3rd, but leaves a sizable time chunk between himself and Steer in 2nd.

Scala uses that gap to his advantage and slots in behind the Snake driver.

Greenhalgh shows his World Champion quality and takes pole.

Edwards puts his TNR in 4th, thats gotta give team boss Dan Mills some cheer after a dismal start to the season.

Moinet puts his JHR in 5th place.

AMR get so close to beating their former driver with Ellekers 2nd place time.

Max Schieder leads the 2nd group of drivers out for their first runs.

Rodríguez is less than a tenth slower than his team mate van Renselaar, but 2 places further down.

Greidanus just doesn't seem to be able to get his season kick started. 11th.

Jake Legge with a fantastic lap to put his Demon on pole!

Pedersen struggles to 13th place.

Warrington grabs 6th in his orange machine.

Soon to retire Somogyi doesn't get any where as good a time out of his car as his team mate does.

Thats a bad lap for Horváth in 18th, must have had a problem some where.

Only 10th place for AMR's Maverick.

Jalving sets a storming pace to snatch pole from Legge.

Cartwright rounds up the 2nd group of runners with 16th place in his SCR.

Jack Elleker is first out to take his final run.

But he is already slower at the first sector because of the blocking tactics of Kederer.

As a result, Elleker fails to improve, will it prove costly.

Van Renselaar moves up to 10th place from 12th.

McCarthy up to 16th, still searching for a good setup.

Gilson underlines his good form this weekend with an excellent 2nd.

Brunner improves his time if not his position.

Another driver doing well this weekend, Steer moves up to two to 4th.

Moinet also moves up two places, this time to 7th.

After ruining Elleker's lap, Kederer struggles up to 18th.

Schieder makes it into the top ten.

A massive jump up to 9th from 20th for Pedersen.

Rodríguez moves up to 12th.

Another struggle for Horváth, but their are potential points in the race from 13th.

Greidanus' woes continue as he comes 17th.

Cartwright can't match his team mate, only 18th for the Englishman.

Maverick pulls a rabbit out of the hat and sets 7th fastest time just behind his team mate Elleker.

Congratulations to Charrel Jalving and Martini Paddock Racing on their pole position.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Not too happy with 20th on the grid, but really I am just hoping to make it to the finish. Fingers crossed for a trouble free race and I can pick up a few spots.
Great run by Mr Legge, he was on fire today!!! As for Mr Somogyi, well i think he has well and truly got his mind elsewhere....
Good chance of a strong finish for Jake come race day, and Zsigimond we will just have to see....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Happy with 10th and 12th, Well done lads

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy