GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
dear god! alot of action! =P Lets hope the main race is just as action packed and that both Christel cars survives to finish 1-2! =P
It actually wasn't meant like that haha.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Fascinating race so far, lost a lot of time in traffic and I think a win will be hard to get today.

____
I guess it's good I'm not seeing anything from myself!

Too bad my both Snakes got knocked out to no fault of them own, especially with Mal driving absolutely great!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
You're still in the race Maikel and make some appearances a little later in the race.

Mal was on fire I have to agree.

Ferrari2007 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're still in the race Maikel and make some
> appearances a little later in the race.
>
> Mal was on fire I have to agree.

Don't know whether I'm happy or not with that answer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Looks like I made up a few places from the start to have been in front of Mal. Luckily nothing happened between us this time around, considering what happened between us back in Sepang and Boromo. Hopefully I can stay out of trouble and finish inside the top 10.

And very disappointing to see Ingers taken out of the race. He was in a great position to bring home a podium for Christel. So depending on what happens to me, it may have to come down to Pedersen and Elleker to score a good result in the full feature race.

Damn! I was doing so well there too. Grrrr. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Go me!!!! Time to bring home a win for Demon!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Diax F1 écrivait:
> EricMoinet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Moinet loses it under breaking and slams into
> the
> > rear of Hayes' Snake"
> >
> > I usually don't do that with ladies. Please
> accept
> > my apologies Miss Hayes.
>
> Don't think I've seen such blatant innuendo
> potential from commentary as that one ;)

Rico écrivait
-----------------------------------------------------
> LIES ! :p

Don't listen to them, dear Miss Hayes, I'm a gentleman.
May I help you get out of the car ?

Race is a little scruffy from myself but Dean is doing well! Lets hope we can get some good data with this wet running

Welcome back to GPGSL-TV. On lap 16 lets catch up with the standings.

Here's Greg O'Brien battling away with van Smirren in the Minardi. The Australian is obviously quicker right now.

O'Brien tries around the outside of the Dutchman into Stowe. They are very close.

The Flying Dutchman's car comes to rest upside down just off the track. The Minardi team boss is out of the British Grand Prix, but thankfully he crawls out of the car after some assistance from the marshals. That was certainly a big one.

You can see via the replay what happened following the contact between van Smirren and O'Brien car

That promotes Moinet into the the top 10, while Nell has Keeley Grant close for company in 11th. Watch out Keely, he's already taken off one female racer so far today.

With 10 laps to go this is how much the field has changed so far during the race.

In comes O'Brien. The Christel mechanics fit new tyres and a top-up of fuel as well as giving the Australian's car a once over following the earlier contact.

Moinet is in in once again and that's going to drop the Frenchman out of the top 10.

Gareth McCarthy is currently running 6th in what will be his final appearance for MPR.

Kittleson has over done it through Maggots and slithers over the grass. McCarthy wasn't far behind him. Can the Australian pinch 5th from the TSM new boy?

Yes! He can! Kittleson will be ruing that mistake.

The TSM man now has his mirrors full of the green Aston Martin of Daniel Thomas.

Thomas is past Kittleson as Karjalainen heads to the pits, followed by McCarthy and Pellatt. They've attempted to stay out on the dry's but it just hasn't worked.

That puts the GPGSL's biggest Michael Jackson fan into 3rd, but will he have to stop again?

Karjalainen is the next man on Kittleson's tail, but the Brit saves the Finn the trouble of passing him on track as he splits for the pits.

That's put Kittleson back out in 11th. Can he fight back with just 7 laps remaining?

Karjalainen has caught Maikel de Boer now. The Dutchman got his tyre choice spot on to jump into 4th.

No way past the SCR car for the Finn as yet though.

With 6 laps remaining let's ride with Marcus De Bruyker as we catch up on the standings.

On lap 22 Karjalainen and Pellatt finally make it past the Dutchman, who is starting to struggle with his worn wets tyres against the guys on fresh rubber.

The next man up the road is Daniel Thomas who will be doing all he can to hold onto 3rd. You can see that Thomas, de Boer and O'Brien have all benefited massively from good calls from their teams on tyres.

We've not seen him in a while but he's still out there in front. Glen Sheppard has led this race since lap 3 imperiously at the front. Mr. Silverstone looking unstoppable now.

John Warrington in contrast is at the very tail end of the field. Not the way the ex-champ would have wanted to end his time at Minardi before heading off to MAC.

That's Nell running wide into Brooklands. You can see just how tricky the conditions are out there for the drivers. Kittleson flies through and into 10th.

Look who it is! After their great battle earlier in the race Nell and Moinet are now back on track together gain.

Moinet is much faster than the German at the moment on the fresh rubber and is all over the Demon drivers tail.

Into Vale, Moinet runs around the outside of Nell. Can he make it stick?

He has! Lovely stuff from Moinet. The Frenchman is certainly providing a heap of entertainment out there today.

Gary McCarthy in the sole remaining MPR is the next man onto Maikel de Boer's tail.

With 4 laps remaining, we have a great battle developing on track between Greg O'Brien and Marcus De Bruyker.

The Australian throws it down the inside of the Belgian into Stowe corner as we've seen so many times today. Can he make it stick?

No! Instead he's hit the ONE Racing man into Vale. Kittleson is there to pick up the pieces and slots into 8th.

With 3 laps to go let's have a look at the race order one final time.

We've got one final battle on track now and that's the fight for the final podium position today at Silverstone. Thomas vs. Karjalainen.

The Finn is down the inside through Brooklands but into Luffield Thomas keeps his foot down.

That gives the Australian the advantage out of Woodcote and down the old start-finish straight.

But you can see that the TNR is keeping right with the Aston Martin into Maggots and Becketts.

Out of Stowe and into Vale, but Karjalainen can't find a way past as Sheppard starts his final lap. Keep an eye out for Pellatt who has closed right onto the back of the pair.

They've touched! Karjalainen hits Thomas! Through goes Pellatt into the final podium position. Thomas and Karjalainen will be cursing inside their crash helmets right now.

Glen Sheppard is on his final lap as we ride along with the Demon Racing boss. Less than half a mile to go now.

We've got one final battle on our hands for 10th between De Bruyker and Grant.

But that doesn't matter as Glen Sheppard wins the British Grand Prix! The Australian is the winner of the final test drivers event of the season.

Andrei Sevastian comes home in second for Aston Martin and officially clinches the test drivers' championship. The Tibetan has been immense this year, but has it all to prove next season when he joins the big boys in the main series.

Tom Pellatt finishes third in what was a fine drive from the TSM boss. Will it be his last in the GPGSL?

True North Racing's Tomi Karjalainen is 4th, with Daniel Thomas 5th for Aston Martin. The pair had a great scrap in the closing stages of the race.

Gareth McCarthy is 6th for MPR, while Maikel de Boer is 7th for Southern Cross Racing.

8th is Dean Kittleson, while Eric Moinet finishes 9th on his last appearance for SCR.

Finally Marcus De Bruyker hangs onto 10th for ONE Racing.

And here are the final results from Silverstone.

That ends our coverage from the test drivers' feature race at Silverstone. We hope you've enjoyed this GPGSL-TV production. I've been Dan 'ping-pong' Paddock.

Thanks very much for watching.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Posted, and about time and all!! ;)

Putting back on my MPR hat, I have to say it was a shame to see myself go out so early, especially as I had started so well.

On to Gareth though and he pulled out another shining performance. It has been a pleasure to work with him this season and I wish him all the best at JHR next season.

Congrats to Glen on another Silverstone win :)

I was doing really well for a change, until I made contact with Van Smirren. So sorry about that. Then I find myself in battle with De Bruyker, and come off second best. But how did I lose those places after contact was made?

You stopped for tyres mate. Pretty sure it's up there in the screens. You were one of those who had to change from the inters to the wets.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> You stopped for tyres mate. Pretty sure it's up
> there in the screens. You were one of those who
> had to change from the inters to the wets.

I had wets on at the time I made contact with De Bruyker. After contact, I was in front, then somehow dropped from 9th to 12th. That's what I was referring to. So how did I lose those positions after making contact with De Bruyker?

My mistake Greg, I thought you were referring to the contact with Rico. I've looked through my screens and you lose the position about 2 laps later, but I have no screenshots of the incident. My guess is that you ran off circuit somewhere. Most likely going wide into Brooklands, as you were running just ahead of Marcus, Eric and Keeley at the time.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> My mistake Greg, I thought you were referring to
> the contact with Rico. I've looked through my
> screens and you lose the position about 2 laps
> later, but I have no screenshots of the incident.
> My guess is that you ran off circuit somewhere.
> Most likely going wide into Brooklands, as you
> were running just ahead of Marcus, Eric and Keeley
> at the time.

I see. So I basically threw away a top 10 finish, twice. After contact with De Bruyker where I lost 8th, then again by running wide. If you still have the save file, can you rerun the race, and if you get the same outcome take note of how I lose 9th and fall back to 12th.

Mullet345 Schreef:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> -----
> > My mistake Greg, I thought you were referring
> to
> > the contact with Rico. I've looked through my
> > screens and you lose the position about 2 laps
> > later, but I have no screenshots of the
> incident.
> > My guess is that you ran off circuit somewhere.
> > Most likely going wide into Brooklands, as you
> > were running just ahead of Marcus, Eric and
> Keeley
> > at the time.
>
> I see. So I basically threw away a top 10 finish,
> twice. After contact with De Bruyker where I lost
> 8th, then again by running wide. If you still have
> the save file, can you rerun the race, and if you
> get the same outcome take note of how I lose 9th
> and fall back to 12th.

What makes you think he has the time for that? :p

Anyway, great coverage for a bad race in my VSM point of view.
We tried a new tactic of using the rubber different. Instead of swapping the front and back tires we tried to drive upside down. Making the back go forwards. Sadly we could'nt get contact with the surface. Stupid engine air-inlets (what do i know? i'm not english !).

At least the race can´t get any worse then this. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 05:53AM by Rico.
Rico Wrote:
> Mullet345 Schreef:
> -----
> > Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > My mistake Greg, I thought you were referring
> > to
> > > the contact with Rico. I've looked through my
> > > screens and you lose the position about 2
> laps
> > > later, but I have no screenshots of the
> > incident.
> > > My guess is that you ran off circuit
> somewhere.
> > > Most likely going wide into Brooklands, as
> you
> > > were running just ahead of Marcus, Eric and
> > Keeley
> > > at the time.
> >
> > I see. So I basically threw away a top 10
> finish,
> > twice. After contact with De Bruyker where I
> lost
> > 8th, then again by running wide. If you still
> have
> > the save file, can you rerun the race, and if
> you
> > get the same outcome take note of how I lose
> 9th
> > and fall back to 12th.
>
> What makes you think he has the time for that? :p
>
> Anyway, great coverage for a bad race in my VSM
> point of view.
> We tried a new tactic of using the rubber
> different. Instead of swapping the front and back
> tires we tried to drive upside down. Making the
> back go forwards. Sadly we could'nt get contact
> with the surface. Stupid engine air-inlets (what
> do i know? i'm not english !).
>
> At least the race can´t get any worse then this.
> :D

as long as we don't follow your strategies yes, the race won't get any worse ;)

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy