GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM

Posted by pippo46 
Re: GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM
Date: May 14, 2013 04:43PM
Posted by: pippo46
hi all,

yesterday with the help of JohnMaverick, we came to a solution that my MOD is causing CSM to crash.

How did we get to this conclusion? well he sent me a link and downloaded and installed a different mod, which installed perfectly without any problems whatsoever.

So it seems that my MODs are somehow causing CSM to Crash.

Having said this, I DO NOT have any problems installing any trackpack through TSM, so we can also conclude that we do NOT have problems with CSM/TSM.

I would kindly ask if someone has a link for me to download a 2012 or 2013 CSM mod, perhaps I can finally resume GP4 with 2012+ F1 cars.

Thanks to JohnMaverick & ALL those hwo have tried helping me!
Date: May 15, 2013 10:28AM
Posted by: ZaZ
If you can send me your mod, I can take a look at it and fix the bug in CSM

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: May 15, 2013 10:43AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
OT: ZaZ any plan for CSM 2.0 release? :P

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: May 15, 2013 02:21PM
ZaZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you can send me your mod, I can take a look at
> it and fix the bug in CSM

Hi ZaZ,

Tks4yr reply, have not seen u online for quite a while... Hope all is well....

Pm yr email or if u still fave FTP send me link so I transfer to you, or also through Skype/MSN...

Tks for yr help Ron..... On a side note any future ZaZ Tools update or online link for the patchdownloader/updater ??

Glad2cu bk online...
Date: May 15, 2013 03:19PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I wouldn't send files of this size via Skype. Since Microsoft took over there, the transfer rates went incredibly low! A few days ago I needed several minutes to transfer a 600 KB!!! file to a friend.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: May 20, 2013 02:26AM
Posted by: ZaZ
32BOBO32 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OT: ZaZ any plan for CSM 2.0 release? :P

Plan, yes ;)
Short term, no :(

On topic:
I'm surprised I don't see more reports on this. There are some flaws in the CSM system which can cause corruption if certain scenarios are met.
If you run Windows Defender (which runs by default from Vista and up), it's possible that Defender locks files.
CSM does check whether it can open a file for write access and from that moment, it assumes it can write.
It does catch errors and bails out when an error occurs so it can try again next time.
Defender can cause such error by locking file access suddenly and CSM bails out but that part of the code wasn't written with much attention as we were in XP era :)
There are 3 systems for file access in CSM: Swapping, Patching and Wadding
With the flaws in the design of the system in CSM, it's possible that the restore of a patch fails, but the restore of the swap continues and then the restore of the patch tries again, resulting in one big mess.

Real solution is me fixing the source and offer a new binary.
Temporary solution is setting your gp4 folder to an exclusion list of your AV or disabling the AV (such as Defender)

I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks (don't have much time)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: May 26, 2013 03:30PM
thank you ZaZ,

of course such expertise from an Expert & Developer for ZaZ Tools knows the codes inside out, unlike users like me.....

Although I am no such expert or lets say too tech-savvy, along the years I have managed to install the stuff, thanks to the community & kind users around.

It is evident that the problem I had was a 'corrupted file' - but the thing is more than 1 mod got corrupted.

I would not be surprised if my MS Defender &/or the Anti-Virus were screwing up my GP4.

Surprisingly I managed to partition a hard disk & install Win XP ) on top of my Win 7) which I had as OS.....

Everything is fine so far.....

So look forward to an upgraded version - CSM 2.0 release........

Thanks Ron & all!

Cheers.......................(*)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy