kedy89's workthread ::: 2011 mod v2.0 [released]

Posted by kedy89 
How can I change the driver names easier? I had to edit all the driver names in all performance files :( a lot of work. Rename the driver names in game does not work.
gitanes schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @kedy89
> the next performance files will be released before
> the summer break (after Hungary).
> I also plan to include the driver nationality and
> the 3-letter code supported by the latest gpxpatch
> (SDI assured me that it will be backwards
> compatible with older gpxpatch versions)!

great, I'm looking forward to it :)

MrRace schrieb:
> How can I change the driver names easier? I had to
> edit all the driver names in all performance files
> :( a lot of work. Rename the driver names in game
> does not work.

I don't know, how about a own thread for this? Also the driver names in the perfs are correct for 2011/2013, so I don't get why you have to edit them...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
> MrRace schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How can I change the driver names easier? I had
> to
> > edit all the driver names in all performance
> files
> > :( a lot of work. Rename the driver names in
> game
> > does not work.
>
> I don't know, how about a own thread for this?
> Also the driver names in the perfs are correct for
> 2011/2013, so I don't get why you have to edit
> them...

Because I'll drive with the names of my family and friends :)

BTW. the Mod works fine now. I found out the CTD problem. I have to change the CPU to 0, not all in GPxPatch.
Good to hear that you could solve the CTD problem :). And regarding the perf file edit question, have you tried this tool [www.grandprixgames.org] ?

Some mods
kedy89 schrieb:
> Good to hear that you could solve the CTD problem
> :). And regarding the perf file edit question,
> have you tried this tool
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> 33514#msg-1033514 ?

That's a nice tool for sure, but qualy and race performance are upsite down there. So be careful ;-).
As promised, here's the update which amongst others includes the fantastic 2013 tyres by Vesuvius, Soulbringer & Hega

F1 2013 Mod Update 1

Includes:
-2013 tyres by Vesuvius, Soulbringer & Hega
-Mercedes Barcelona version by Hega
-2010 Marshall textures by MDBSnake
-2012 engine sounds by Briere for Marussia, STR & Williams
-2013 menu backgrounds by NickJW
-minor fixes & updates

Some mods
Thanks a lot Kedy for this update! :)
Thanks (B)

geforce 8800
kedy89 Wrote:
> -2012 engine sounds by Briere for Marussia, STR &
> Williams
>
Got it, got it ;) I'll try and finish them (the 2013 ones) before my holidays, in three weeks :)
great 2013 mod.
but i have a processor occupancy 2891.
at i single practice only ~40?
i have a asus crosshair 4 extreme, amd phenom II x6 3700MHz, 8GB RAM.
what is the problem.
i use also the great 2012 mod by gp4central without any problems and there are HQ cars.
please can somebody help me.
so long
diam0ndcrush3r
The textures in this mod are bigger compared to the GP4Central 2012 mod. I'd suggest you to downsize some of the big textures, this should help a lot.

Some mods
Trackspecific Loadingscreens Pack 3 - released

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<

This pack contains loadingscreens for:
Adria
Austin
Dubai
Estoril
Indianapolis
Jerez
kleine Nordschleife
Kyalami
Laguna Seca
Le Mans
Lime Rock
Long Beach
Mexico
Motegi
Oulton Park
Pau
Philip Island
Portimao
Road America
Road Atlanta
Silverstone
Sonoma

Some mods
Thanks kedy! :)
Oh! Laguna Seca !

I'm out... Far, far away...

Very nice screens (Y). Thanks!
GPaedia and more

1) GPaedia for 2013mod_kedy89

2) Additional Changes
- a) Countrymaps corrected
- b) Display of trackmap corner numbers prohibited
- c) Driver 9/10 bug removed
- d) Driver and gpi names of "Giedo van der Garde" corrected
- e) Loadingscreens for tracklist 2013b enabled
- f) Track selection display for tracklist 2013b in "loadtrack = one" mode fixed

Details in readme file.

Download: 2013mod_kedy89_gpaedia_and_more (updated 2013-07-28)

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 06:38PM by petrus.
Thanks mate :)

Some annotations:
1) Thanks for this one, also good idea with the gptracknum section. Way easier than I did it in the 2011 mod.

2)
a) I don't know what went wrong with the countrymaps, I only converted your .tgas to .gpis...
b) Where excatly are they prohibited now? I used these ones as I preferred them over the ones without.
c) Works for the gpaedia, but in the ingame driver selection menu they're swapped now. That's why I hadn't done this.
d) I didn't notice that the gpi was named wrong, thanks for that. However correcting the name in the globalvars.ini has the side-effect that his helmet doesn't load anymore, that's why I didn't change it there ;-)
e) I planned to add that as soon as the loadingscreens for the last two tracks are included ;)
f) I did the same mistake in an early version of the 2011 mod. I corrected it there, but not in my template for the mods. I guess I would have discovered this at the latest after the US GP ;)

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 11:39PM by kedy89.
@kedy89 last post:

> b) Where excatly are they prohibited now? I used these ones as I preferred them over the ones without.
Sorry, my text was quite misunderstandable. Your trackmaps are okay and work perfectly together with the gpaedias circuit info track data (corner data) display.
What I wanted to prohibit is the display of the numbers in little circle graphics as used by the original GP4.
As I see now, those do not appear in your trackmaps, but only in the not used slots 4 to 17 of tracklist 2013b, because then the originals are displayed. I am interested in how to suppress those number display without new gpi. Some gpxpatch feature?
Thus you can ignore point b) but it also does not harm.

> c) Works for the gpaedia, but in the ingame driver selection menu they're swapped now. That's why I hadn't done this.
Hm, I cannot follow you here. Let's go into some detail:
The "driver 9/10 bug" is caused by the original GP4 where the fifth team drivers (9 and 10) are given in wrong order.
In a mod the performance files are responsible for the driver select display. If you got (team 5 = #04 because counting begins with 0 here):
[Team #04]
Name=Mercedes,Mercedes
Performance=828,828,1294
First Driver=9,Nico Rosberg,15950,213,16178,194
Second Driver=10,Lewis Hamilton,16090,299,16256,235
and in the Teamart [Drivers] part:
File9  =Drivers\%driver09%.gpi
File10 =Drivers\%driver10%.gpi
then you will get the correct order of drivers but the pictures are exchanged.

To fix this, I edited this part (and the helmets part accordingly):
File9  =Drivers\%driver10%.gpi
File10 =Drivers\%driver09%.gpi
and now I get the result I wanted.

> d) ... However correcting the name in the globalvars.ini has the side-effect that his helmet doesn't load anymore, ...
Yes, in "Data\Helmets\excalibur\" and "Data\Helmets\mixed\" both folders "guido van der garde" have to be renamed to "giedo van der garde", now matching the new value in the globalvars.
I missed that.

petrus' gpaedia files
b) Still not 100% sure if I got it right what you mean here. Do you mean the circles around the corner-numbers, that show up in the original game when going to track info -> track data in the track selection menu?

c) I'll try to explain what I meant:
The way I had done the teamart.ini, the .gpis for driver #9 and driver #10 are swapped when ingame I go to the Gpaedia/Drivers. In the ingame driver selection menu however (not the CSM driver selection menu) the .gpis for driver #9 and #10 are in the correct order.
The way you did it, the .gpis for driver #9 and #10 are correct when I go to Gpaedia/Drivers. However in the ingame driver selection menu, if I select driver #9 (Rosberg), it shows the gpi of Hamilton and vice versa.

d) I still wouldn't do that at all. The name I put in this line
[Vars]
driver20		=Guido van der Garde
doesn't show up anywhere except the CSM driver selection menu. And there I've fixed the spelling mistake with this line
[driver]
VarName20		=Giedo van der Garde

If I correct the mistake in the [Vars] section, I also have to correct the name in the helmets folder and in the Files\Preview\Drivers folder. As I don't know whether it's possible to rename files/folders with an .cmu update, I'd either have to tell everyone to rename the relevant files&folders, or I put the files with the correct name in the update. For me, the way I did it was the easiest way to solve this, and as long as van der Garde doesn't get replaced by another driver, there's no problem.

Some mods
kedy89 schrieb:
> b) Still not 100% sure if I got it right what you mean here. Do you mean the circles around the corner-numbers, that show up in the original game when going to track info - track data in the track selection menu?

Exactly. Like in this picture:

> c) .. However in the ingame driver selection menu, if I select driver #9 (Rosberg), it shows the gpi of Hamilton and vice versa.

Strange. I cannot reproduce it. What I see is this:
1) driver select of mod without changes

2) driver select after teamart.ini changed

petrus' gpaedia files
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy