GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
shep34 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can confirm that I voted for Bridgestone. So 4
> other votes went to Bridgestone....!!!
> Perhaps the poll could be re-done with just one
> choice allowed per team owner, for a simple 11
> votes....? At least then an absolute preference
> trend would be seen....

I do agree maybe there should have been only one choice to choose from. Depending on the votes 2 suppliers would have been selected automatically (unless all 11 were the same vote ;))

On the '24' problem, IF there would be a new vote - why not just by PM? It's easy, everyone here knows how it works and it's immediately verified who has, or hasn't voted

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Mal didn't want to mix the votings and delayed the tire voting. However, it's necessary to know the tire suppliers both for the mod and for car liveries, which is why Stu and I decided to get the vote done in an external way.

Also for me it was only logical to let everybody give two votes since we're having 2 choices in the game. Like I said, the two extra votes, independent of where they came from, didn't have any influence on the result. That is, we have a result which might be nice to some and not so nice for others. But that won't change if you only give one choice. Then you will still have some people who are satisfied with the outcome and others who are not. Do you want to re-vote again and again then until everybody is satisfied? Quick note, you'll vote forever ;)

So, my opinion is that the voting should stay as it is. But I'm not the one to decide.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Bring back Dunlop!!!

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
TNR voted in Goodyear and Pirelli.

We will be using Pirelli :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Jesus guys, they're just tyres...

Everyone voted, and there's the results. Let's not get bogged down in something so trivial...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
As a team owner, as well as a personal view, I am happy with the poll result as I wanted Bridgestone. If we were given 1 vote, i still would take Bridgestone. Pirelli with the amount of votes it got, I just wonder if out of the 11 team owners whether Pirelli (or ANY brand for that matter) got votes with the "2nd" vote allowed.....
It is not a big issue to me at all, but i just think a simple "1 choice only" vote may get a more satisfactory result to all??

Doesn't bother me either way what we do. I would still vote with what i want, and if i miss out, so be it!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the vote, just disappointed with the result and disappointed that Dunlops are gone. I also think the way the Pirelli logo is applied to the tyre is ugly. If it was curved around the tyre like they did in the 90's it would be much nicer. But I guess everyone decided we must copy F1.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
We can start a new poll: A curved Pirelli logo on the tyre or a straight one as it is in F1. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
as I made last season...

I'd vote black rims both, standard bridgestone logo and yellow curved pirelli.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 11:24AM by danm.
What Dan said!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Ditto, I'm not fighting the poll results. I'm happy to take on Pirelli's, just like Stu though sad that Dunlop isn't there anymore!

When the tyre is rolling you won't really notice much different between curved and straight ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I think its mostly about the logo shape/colours of the logo on the cars fitting etc.

Dunlop was great in that you could just have white texts - fits anything. It also had a nice bold/wider font which was easier on the eye.

Bridgestones a bit of a bugger, with the red, but can still be made all white and look fine. It's just not that good looking a logo in my view.

Still, as has been said, trivial matters! :)

Thank you to whoever is running the GPGSL Wiki page - just added/updated some info to the Demon Racing page......(B)
I looked at doing something on there a week or two ago, but ran out of time. Tonight, i have added a brief bio on the team, and added a render image from JM.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> Thank you to whoever is running the GPGSL Wiki
> page - just added/updated some info to the Demon
> Racing page......(B)
> I looked at doing something on there a week or two
> ago, but ran out of time. Tonight, i have added a
> brief bio on the team, and added a render image
> from JM.....

I had a spare few minutes, so I updated the home page and created the S8 page the other day...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Im happy with the tyre choice for season 8. Christel VXR may use Pirelli tyres, we are not sure yet.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Hahahaha Monil, that was a great one!(B)

Haha cheers man

kedy89 Wrote:
> lol, something like this, just without the
> sidepod-wings? ;)
> [4.bp.blogspot.com]
> AAAAAAAAAEA/-PAW47jzKZE/s1600/Hovercar%2BMovie.jpg

Yes!
I much prefer the pirelli tyres in Dan's pic :) Are they Lee's?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Yeah, I'm interested in them as well. They look great and would do nicely in the renders

I'm not sure where I got them, had them on my machine for ages. I try and dig them out.

Do you mean the yellow or white Pirellis?

Both, but most of all I'm interested in the rims ;-) But I'll also gladly take the textures if you find them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy