Magic Data Discussion

Posted by TomMK 
Re: Magic Data Discussion
Date: January 11, 2019 12:40AM
Posted by: SDI
TomMK Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But.... but.... why?!?!

This has been in there since F1GP already. My guess is that it is to finetune the lap times to be the same as the ones driven in real F1.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: January 11, 2019 01:01AM
Posted by: TomMK
Not sure if this was known before but I just figured out that desc74 in the original 17 tracks' magic data is the real-life 2001 qualifying pole lap times (rounded to the nearest hundredth).

=====================================================

Intel Core i5-6200U, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 520, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: January 11, 2019 10:17AM
Doesn't surprise me :) In F1GP it was the fastest race lap rounded to a whole second for most tracks of the real-life 1991 season.

Date: February 08, 2019 01:00AM
Can we have a deeper look at the Player Tyre Wear value (desc50)? Atticus' observation above that it is a factor that helps to vary the underlying Tyre Wear (desc72) is very interesting. Is there a value where you typically get about equal Player and AI tyre wear (e.g. a fair value?).

Rene can you see what GP4 is doing with those 2 values?

Date: February 09, 2019 02:48PM
As far as I can see desc50 is a factor that simply multiplies desc72, where 16384 equals 1.0. I see no difference between CC or player here, meaning they should both work for CC and player (just by looking at the code).

Date: February 10, 2019 03:19AM
Interesting - so there is actually no distinction between Player and AI tyre wear? Time to do some testing....

Date: February 10, 2019 01:55PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Currently, I can't confirm that desc50 (known as 'tyre wear player') and desc72 (known as 'tyre wear ai' or 'ccshuffler') work for both, players and ccCars. I did not test it once again after SDI's last post, but so far, my results always showed, that both values are doing exactly what they are known as. But nevertheless I am willing to get convinced by other one's tests.
Date: February 10, 2019 02:41PM
Ok, I've debugged GP4 to check when it reads the values for which cars, and I saw that desc50 is sometimes used for both player and CC, but most of the time only for player. But desc72 was always used for both player and CC, but from different parts of the code. The player's car has individual tyre wear for each of the 4 tyres, but it seems the CC cars only have tyre wear for all wheels at once.

Date: February 10, 2019 11:45PM
Very interesting, thanks René.

I think I'm going to try setting desc50 to 16384 at all times, and just varying desc72, and see what effect that has.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy