The GrandPrixGames.org Permissions Policy

Posted by Bigbrother 
I agree, let's keep gp4 alive :)
The only policy I know will work is... You either pay for it (dont know who can be that greedy)

Or it is...................
;)

Renault#1Fan, cleberpister, petrus, TheDarkListener, Meteoro405, n00binio, Kizz, Maxi82, neldav03, hasbriale, vesuvius, rracunis, madotter, Mitsuro Sano, RSCT are added to the list, THANKS !

REQUEST: Some of the modders are hard to contact but if you know someone that isn't on the list yet and you have contact with them on msn, facebook, ... PLEASE let them know about this topic so they can respond if possible !!![/color][/size][/b]

The sticky for this topic has been asked to Mortel but he seems to be having internet problems so he'll fix that when he gets online :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 06:29PM by Bigbrother.
Actually my policy is the green one (you can read from mine readme), for two reason. That's mean I agree full the new policy.

First: most of mine work are textures updates, that's mean i need permission from the others. I always think asking to the original authors permission is the right thing to do.
Second: not always is possible to contact the original authors. For example, i still need Tony permission to realease a brand new Montreal 1995 and it's still missing.

The second point made me thing a little while. What happens if I disappear (or quit) and nobody can contact me?
Well in that case, i'll change my policy into blue one for mine works. But for now I'll still use the green one for the above reasons I write before.

PS: a little suggestion: i'll be nice to know what policy people will use for their works near the nickname list on the first post

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

as most of you know i'm not a modder, nor a painter. Even if i'm in the list added, i don't have a personal policy. The only thing i can say is, if someone wants to work on the files i've updated\fixed or changed, you simply have to ask the original authors, because it's their work and i want you to respect it, that's all :)
The new suggestion is just for the files that have been released already in public forums and files that are released in public forum that they can now be used in mods, leagues, ... without asking the authors of the files again. They MUST find their name in the mod, league CREDITS

Also for files that have been released for example years ago and the author of the file isn't around anymore or don't respond to people asking to use UNMODIFIED files in a mod, we have now a solution thats get the support of many modders and members of the gp4 community that you put your mod up for release with a list of all the content & authors, they have 30 days to respond if they want to see the file removed, if no answer then the mod can be released with those files included and CREDITS in the readme of the mod of course !!

Using someones file as base, modify or convert to another game still needs permission from the modder.

Rot Teufel, Tojepo, tumyeto added to the list :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 06:29PM by Bigbrother.
Lee71 & Jimbob1 agreed and added to the list :)

Suggestion from Jimbob: get gp4 central running to a fuller potential & get all the mods/files etc made for gp4 under one roof before some are lost.....

Jimbob1: i'm happy to let anything i made in the past be updated etc as long as i get mentioned as original author.

Thanks both for the support :)
whats abozt mpad?
Fantastic to see so many modders joining, thanks a lot guys :)

Hope that the list will keep growing!

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Well, if I remember right, Paolo Capriosa's released files is for use as long as credits were made.
I asked both him and Andry (Mitsuro Sano) when I made my "updates" on their cars. I think you can add him to the list,
but if someone can contact him, it would be great :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Put my name down. One thing: it's stealing, not [/b]steeling[/b] ;).

I haven't done much but I had helmets distributed without knowing... I didn't care to be honest but it was a small amount of work. The main thing is original modders have a look at this thread but I think it's safe to assume those who have left years ago won't care enough. And if they ever saw their work they'd be pleased with a mention of their original efforts.
I'd like to put my name down too. I've only made some trackmaps but I guess it all helps.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Rot Teufel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually my policy is the green one (you can read
> from mine readme), for two reason. That's mean I
> agree full the new policy.
>
> First: most of mine work are textures updates,
> that's mean i need permission from the others. I
> always think asking to the original authors
> permission is the right thing to do.

...... +1

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
I respect Pedro opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
I'm agree, you can put my name in your list ;)
Of course we respect modders choice.

biz_301 added to the list :)
Well let's increase that list with a little bit of Dutch influence, even though lately I haven't released anything. I believe some of my stuff still floats around here somewhere ;-)

Just Add me! Just Do It!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Thanks Maikel, snaky, you are added and your helmet shape is still used like crazy :)
a +1 for Tom to increase the GP4Central database :)

Yeah would be great to see some older material added to the site

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy